Page 16 of 105 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

But srs I fxxxing hate the idea of the community owning our team. Do you guys realise only 76% of people voted for the e&c jersey? That means 24%, 1 in 4 newy people, 2500 / 10000 members voted against e&c. I want absolutely nothing to do with them jerks tbh
    The downside to it is we would be stuck with Bridges as so many love him.

For what i am not sure

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The downside to it is we would be stuck with Bridges as so many love him.

For what i am not sure
    Jeeez Member, you were on a serious "I hate Bridgey" binge last night.. Calmed down a bit now, mate?

I really believe that we will have a new owner next year. Tinkler is only bringing in bad press about his instability, and while that is focussed on the Knights at the moment, once their saga has bene sorted it will turn to the Jets - something I don't think the FFA will want.

This is a world cup year and football will have an increased focus during the off season. In addition, the anti-football journalists will simply jump at the opportunity to stick the knife into the sport.

The FFA cannot afford to have HSG tarnishing the A-League product. I feel they will have been working with parties in the background to get someone lined up so they can a) offer HSG a way out and give tinks some cash or b) wait for the licence to be handed back and then given to teh new investers.

I have no inside knowledge as to what is happening, however I see the HSG situation (as with any owner in the league for that matter) as a risk to the product, so you need to have controls in place to mitigate that risk - and having someone in the background would be what I would do as ONE of the controls.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Jeeez Member, you were on a serious "I hate Bridgey" binge last night.. Calmed down a bit now, mate?
    Last week of hating the bloke as a player 4 eva.

Got to get in before time runs out

Just not the same hating on the coaches as that's expected

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Last week of hating the bloke as a player 4 eva.

Got to get in before time runs out

Just not the same hating on the coaches as that's expected
    Don't fret, you'll be able to hate on him as a coach next season ;-)

Tinks supporting Coastie's for years.

ICAC: Nathan Tinkler offered to use "employees as fronts" to back election campaigns

By MICHELLE HARRIS State
    April 28, 2014, 11:04 a.m.

Former billionaire Nathan Tinkler offered to support the 2011 reelection campaign of then Newcastle Labor MP Jodi McKay, telling her he could get around laws banning developers from making political donations by using his employees as fronts, the Independent Commission Against Corruption has heard.

The offer was put to Ms McKay amid discussions about Mr Tinkler's interest in the Newcastle Knights and as Mr Tinkler was pressing Ms McKay to support his proposed $2.3 billion coal loader at Mayfield, the ICAC's new inquiry into allegations of payments for political favours was told this morning.

But Ms McKay refused to discuss the proposal because Buildev, a company Mr Tinkler controlled, had previously donated $50,000 via Labor's head office to her 2007 election campaign, before election funding laws were tightened in 2009.

Counsel assisting the ICAC Geoffrey Watson SC told the inquiry that Ms McKay informed Mr Tinkler during their meeting that he was banned from making political donations because of his involvement with Buildev.

"His response was quite startling," Mr Watson said.

Mr Tinkler told Ms McKay "well that's OK".

"He had hundreds of employees and he can get around the rules by making those employees front as the donors," Mr Watson said.

But Ms McKay "could not be bought" and reported the offer to the ICAC.

Mr Watson then referred to "ongoing investigations" into donations Mr Tinkler was also making at the time to Ms McKay's "opponent's campaign".

It is not clear to which other candidate Mr Watson was referring, with him telling the ICAC he was not prepared to say anything more at this time.

The inquiry, called Operation Spicer, also heard extraordinary allegations this morning in relation to a slush fund operated by an ex staff member of former Liberal resources minister Chris Hartcher.

Tim Koelma is alleged to have run his company Eightbyfive as a "sham business" to solicit payments from prohibited political donors in return for favours from Mr Hartcher.

It garnered more than $400,000 in total, including $66,000 from the Buildev Group, which paid for "fake services", although Mr Tinkler's Patinack Farm was technically Mr Koelma's client.

Mr Watson said Patinack's involvement was "designed to sever any connection" between Buildev and Eightbyfive.

The money funnelled through Eightbyfive was used in part to support Liberals Chris Spence and Darren Webber during their ultimately successful campaigns for Central Coast seats in the 2011 election.

In April 2013, ICAC contacted Patinack Farm about the dealings, causing a flurry of text messages between Mr Tinkler's business associates.

"Have u got Eightbyfive under control. We can't have patinack involved in an ICAC hearing," Tinkler Group chief executive Troy Palmer texted to Buildev's Darren Williams, according to records shown at the inquiry.

Mr Tinkler was told via email that ICAC was investigating and replied "Who is ICAC?".

Told by Mr Williams it was the "NSW Gov" Mr Tinkler responded "Oh mate u r f---ing kidding me...what have I ever had to do with this business, can't trust anyone.

"...Another one of sharpey's lobbyist mates I am no doubt going to have to wear the headlines before and I don't even no [sic] their names nor have ever met..."

Mr Tinkler, Ms McKay, Mr Palmer, and Buildev founders Darren Williams and David Sharpe are due to give evidence later this week.

The inquiry is continuing this afternoon.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/22...paigns/?cs=303
    looks like Tinks might be about to plead the Middleby defence, it was all Palmers fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Tinks supporting Coastie's for years.

looks like Tinks might be about to plead the Middleby defence, it was all Palmers fault.
    Wonder how many other subpoenas and summons he will he get when he walks out of court as people will know where/when to find him this week??

Gallacher done by ICAC for hiding Tinks donation into a Libs slush fund.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Tinks, what a legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Tinks, what a legend.
    He'll be lucky if he stays out of jail.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Your point being?
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Also for srs, I'm not an expert in the current matters, but I believe there's no chance Tinks could actually have anything done to him over this. Career-killing for the politicians to be caught out, just another day's work for developers.

hamma to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Also for srs, I'm not an expert in the current matters, but I believe there's no chance Tinks could actually have anything done to him over this. Career-killing for the politicians to be caught out, just another day's work for developers.

hamma to confirm.
    His been caught bribing Politicians and been caught trying to cover it up. ICAC wasn't formed to air all the dirty laundry of our corrupt Politicians,(although it's done a great job doing so) it was form to put criminals behind bars and stop corruption at the highest level. If Tinkler gets away with this a clear president will be set and anyone else who is found guilty will just point to his case as reference to get of scott free.
    I truly think he will be put behind bars, a lot is still yet to come but things are not looking good for the Big Man.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    His been caught bribing Politicians and been caught trying to cover it up. ICAC wasn't formed to air all the dirty laundry of our corrupt Politicians,(although it's done a great job doing so) it was form to put criminals behind bars and stop corruption at the highest level. If Tinkler gets away with this a clear president will be set and anyone else who is found guilty will just point to his case as reference to get of scott free.
    I truly think he will be put behind bars, a lot is still yet to come but things are not looking good for the Big Man.
    An illegal donation is very very different to a bribe.
    Also, the donations rules are rules for political parties, not for us to adhere to.

So far Tinks has done nothing illegal.

Bloke remains a ledge.

Yeah nah, no evidence that Tinks bribed anyone, certainly not anything that would stand up in a criminal court.
    What laws has he broken exactly? Those changes to the electoral funding laws are quite legally dodgy anyway.

Besides, who is ICAC?
    Forza Tinks.

Edit: plague beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Problem is, a lot of evidence gathered and used in ICAC investigations can't be used in a court of law in criminal proceedings. Thats why Obeid is still running around.

Yeah unless they can link a payment tinks made to a direct decision in his favour good luck proving his political donation was in fact a bride, illegal political donation that the liberal party deliberately hid, well that's another story.

Considering all this was in his endeavours to get Hunter Ports up and running, well apart from a snazzy logo on some sports teams I haven't seen anything that even remotely screams "bride" worthy heading tinks way.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

palmer in the ICAC dock today.

anybody got $50 we can slip the counsel assisting? we might actually get some real answers that way.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    palmer in the ICAC dock today.

anybody got $50 we can slip the counsel assisting? we might actually get some real answers that way.
    It'll just be a heap of "yes", "no" & "I don't recall"

looks like he's BACK IN THE GAME!

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/22...report/?cs=303