Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Football on TV & TV rights thread V2.0

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Gotta admit Optus' balls. What a gambit. They're gambling a helluva lot.
    How??
    They are investing in an in demand product. Up to them to get their money back.

I am sure the bean counters have their sums done on how they planning on doing it

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How??
    You don't understand how gambling works do you?

Just get BEIN sports. Optus are streaming on that aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Tier 1 NBN is slower than ADSL2+.

I'm getting 18mbit a second download speed on ADSL2+. If I change to NBN Tier One 12 mbit a second is the limit of that system let alone the real world speed of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Tier 1 NBN is slower than ADSL2+.

I'm getting 18mbit a second download speed on ADSL2+. If I change to NBN Tier One 12 mbit a second is the limit of that system let alone the real world speed of it.
    Hence the
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I wonder how they will control it.
    Eg. Will it just be a login with ability to enable devices. If so I can see a lot of people just giving their mate $15 or whatever it is.

I have no problem with Optus getting the rights...my issue is can they deliver and I think no.
    Will I able to watch HD..my latest speedtest says 2.4mbps..probably not, definitely not on my phone and if you have an iPhone you wont even get it at launch.
    Can I record games..not on my phone I can't.
    So to get what I would like I have to break an ISP contract in place...or recontract an Optus phone I have just to qualify.
    With Fox...you subscribed in minutes and cancelled with no charge when you liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Will I able to watch HD..
    thought the answer to that was a straight out no, regardless of download speeds. thought they were only broadcasting in SD.

Yep, SD only. Looks like I won't be watching EPL next season. Refuse to be dragged into another monthly cost when I already have Fox, Netflix and FTA (yeah, I know it's free) plus pay for my internet connection. Enough is enough. Apart from that, Optus' track record is pretty crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Yep, SD only. Looks like I won't be watching EPL next season. Refuse to be dragged into another monthly cost when I already have Fox, Netflix and FTA (yeah, I know it's free) plus pay for my internet connection. Enough is enough. Apart from that, Optus' track record is pretty crap.
    How good's your Internet connection? Stream it from elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I'm with you. I will also be revising my foxtel coverage (and am also considering cancelling the service) to reduce my cost.

Unfortunately my lifestyle doesn't bode well to getting up in the middle of the night and it is much more convenient recording the matches and watching in the morning.

I will wait and see the outcome from Foxtel negotiating with the specific clubs to broadcast their specific channels (I.e LFCTV etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Yeah look even if you're gonna sign up to this you're a sucker if you do it now.

Unless Optus get their numbers (unlikely given the negative press) they might just come out with a more 'fan friendly' package over the next 3 months.

Sit it out for now, it's def not going to get more exe.

Screw em anyway seeing as though my lifelong team Lester finally won I only need Foxtel to see Champions League.

Eat it all you plastic Reds and Man U fans!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah look even if you're gonna sign up to this you're a sucker if you do it now.

Unless Optus get their numbers (unlikely given the negative press) they might just come out with a more 'fan friendly' package over the next 3 months.
    As someone who works in the industry, this. There will be a huge push for sales before end of the financial year... hence Foxtel's repeat EOFYS campaign. Optus will definitely do something similar early June to hit a heap of end of year targets.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Sit it out for now, it's def not going to get more exe.

Screw em anyway seeing as though my lifelong team Lester finally won I only need Foxtel to see Champions League.

Eat it all you plastic Reds and Man U fans!!!!!
    You're right about sitting and waiting it out. There's no point making a rush until at the very least all options and pricing is on the table.

And after the Reds put away Villarreal tomorrow morning it's on to the final for a chance to join your beloved Lester in the Champions League.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I can't see the point in having foxtel when XVideos and Thumbzilla can be viewed for free.

Soccer Moms > EPL

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I can't see the point in having foxtel when XVideos and Thumbzilla can be viewed for free.

Soccer Moms > EPL

Banned
    SBS have just put some info out about the EPL

HD games Yes
    A game every weekend and every midweek round with full panel to listen Fozzie carry on

Replay on Sunday morning for those who can't tape it or stay up for it

Also the other thing to note was SBS are not doing full coverage of the WC in Russia

They are only doing 1 match each day Socceroos and the latter stages.

Optus are doing the rest

So there gonna be another leveraging point to use Optus

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...0a5ed9a8f138bc

Probly not all doom and gloom going to optus just yet

With that announcement I'm leaning toward Foxtel.

This is like the episode of the Simpsons where the teachers strike and Skinner and Krabappel hold the PTA meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    With that announcement I'm leaning toward Foxtel.

This is like the episode of the Simpsons where the teachers strike and Skinner and Krabappel hold the PTA meeting

Purple monkey dishwasher