Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Night of fear View Post
    Someone who has got a football brain and should be signed by an A League club is Danny Choi from Blacktown City.

Was brilliant in their final match of the season on the weekend. Much better all round footballer than Mitch Austin.
    If he not Aust then we would be using a Visa spot on a player who may not necessarily be a starter week in week out. We went down this road with Brown wasting a visa spot.

To be fair we have turned around a few Gypos. Whereas we have offloaded a few down there who have gone backwards.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    If he not Aust then we would be using a Visa spot on a player who may not necessarily be a starter week in week out. We went down this road with Brown wasting a visa spot.
    This bloke had a run for Adelaide a couple of years back after he scored a70 yard goal in the FFA Cup

Wasnt a foreigner then from memory as he was signed as an injury replacement

Was released after being found not good enough

Dont believe all the BS hype about the NPL

There are plenty of guys going around who can do just as shit a job as BK Matt Simon and Tarek Elrich do in the HAL

There aint a hell of a lot who are actually better than the decent HAL players

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This bloke had a run for Adelaide a couple of years back after he scored a70 yard goal in the FFA Cup

Wasnt a foreigner then from memory as he was signed as an injury replacement

Was released after being found not good enough
    That's mostly BS. He was signed as injury replacement for Carrusca. He then fractured his foot, required surgery, out for 12 weeks and was released as Carrusca came back from injury.

Not debating whether he was good enough or not, but your claims about his signing and release are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    That's mostly BS. He was signed as injury replacement for Carrusca. He then fractured his foot, required surgery, out for 12 weeks and was released as Carrusca came back from injury.

Not debating whether he was good enough or not, but your claims about his signing and release are wrong.

What Grimario said about the injury is correct, also has had an injury or two since then, but having watched him play many times,I don't have any doubts about his ability and neither does his boss at Blacktown Mark Crittenden.

https://www.theffacup.com.au/video/g...tar-danny-choi

There is probably a risk with him injury wise but he is so much better than a run of the mill A League footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Night of fear View Post
    What Grimario said about the injury is correct, also has had an injury or two since then, but having watched him play many times,I don't have any doubts about his ability and neither does his boss at Blacktown Mark Crittenden.

https://www.theffacup.com.au/video/g...tar-danny-choi

There is probably a risk with him injury wise but he is so much better than a run of the mill A League footballer.
    but would he fit the no dickheads policy? Tell us, would you Danny?

Anyone still calling for Kale? Bloke was average against Bentleigh. I saw enough to make my judgement.... pass thanks!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Anyone still calling for Kale? Bloke was average against Bentleigh. I saw enough to make my judgement.... pass thanks!
    Sign the Japanese fella from APIA. Did more than any of our lot did against Victory

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    As a magic supporter,
    Nothing personal , Bradbury will never be an A-League player .
    And yes it showed against bentleigh
    Quite happy to keep him knocking goals in for magic though

Just heard an interview with lawrie. Striker identified and basically signed and possibly announced in the next 4-5 days. This is another one that Lord Griff has worked extensively on. Sounds like it's within the cap but will be one of the top earners.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Just heard an interview with lawrie. Striker identified and basically signed and possibly announced in the next 4-5 days. This is another one that Lord Griff has worked extensively on. Sounds like it's within the cap but will be one of the top earners.
    Very interesting..
    Where did you hear the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Very interesting..
    Where did you hear the interview?
    Crossbar capers podcast

Yeah listened to it too.

30yo overseas striker. Scored in "tough" leagues. Has agreed terms, announcement in next 4-5 days hopefully.
    Spend a bit more on the striker, therefore get an understudy keeper to Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Yeah listened to it too.

30yo overseas striker. Scored in "tough" leagues. Has agreed terms, announcement in next 4-5 days hopefully.
    Come on Lawrie, we need something now, anything, 4 days is too long to wait

Anyone have any ideas who it could be??

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Anyone have any ideas who it could be??
    Go on transfermarkt.com and search through the available strikers that are 30. I came up with about 10 'more likelies'

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Yeah listened to it too.

Did you get the impression also that if Mitch Austin is deemed fit he is a sure thing to be signed?

Did you get the impression also that if Mitch Austin is deemed fit he is a sure thing to be signed?
    So i guess the ikonomidis link isn't likely then?

unknown striker
    Austin
    Goalkeeper

would be the remaining squad signings?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Chan View Post
    Rumour - Lee Chung-yong from Crystal Palace
    Has just turned 30

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Chan View Post
    Has just turned 30
    The impression I get is this new signing is a striker first, winger second