Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    NBN - Merrick talking the talk re changes, but deep in my heart I resign myself to the reality he is going to pick that numpty Jackson again and again and again this entire season regardless of how shit he is...
    http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsvcity031218.mp4
    He never made drastic changes at victory and we were warned by vic fans to expect this
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    He never made drastic changes at victory and we were warned by vic fans to expect this
    Exactly what changes though can he make really ??

He can put King Vuj in for Jackson

That is about it

The rest of his choices are like rearranging the deck chairs on the titantic really

He is lacking in options until Joey C and Roy are back

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Exactly what changes though can he make really ??

He can put King Vuj in for Jackson

That is about it

The rest of his choices are like rearranging the deck chairs on the titantic really

He is lacking in options until Joey C and Roy are back
    Austin Kosta P Sheppard when fit, If they arnt good enough the ****ing release them now instead of the odd sub appearance every 5 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

starting thurgate is another

Thurgate for Hoff. Ivan for Jackson. If Crazy George doesn't lift, then Hoff for him. Try Jair central and if it doesn't work, get rid of him and run with Sheppard until the mad Mick returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Thurgate for Hoff. Ivan for Jackson. If Crazy George doesn't lift, then Hoff for him. Try Jair central and if it doesn't work, get rid of him and run with Sheppard until the mad Mick returns.
    Hoff is being criticised for missing chances but where is the praise for actually getting himself into scoring positions ?
    I'd be dropping Crazy George long before Hoffman - who has probably been one of our better players so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Hoff is being criticised for missing chances but where is the praise for actually getting himself into scoring positions ?
    I'd be dropping Crazy George long before Hoffman - who has probably been one of our better players so far this season.
    Hoffman has been a lot better since moving back to his best position out wide. He isn't a back to goal striker type

Doesn't matter one bit how many times he gets himself in scoring positions, at the end of the day it is his conversion rate that matters. Like i use to say to Stanny it took Hoff upward of 6-7 years to have a above average season in the HAL and low behold it also took a shift away from his usual position to achieve that.

He would be better off not getting into scoring positions he would have an excuse for not converting. Hoff was a average RB and handy utility plug a hole type player like last season but that is all. What other club in this league would see Hoff lead the line for almost a third of the regular season.

Hoff is one of those types who could have easily at the end of any given season ( except for last season ) faded back in to NPL and no one would have given it a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Doesn't matter one bit how many times he gets himself in scoring positions, at the end of the day it is his conversion rate that matters. Like i use to say to Stanny it took Hoff upward of 6-7 years to have a above average season in the HAL and low behold it also took a shift away from his usual position to achieve that.

He would be better off not getting into scoring positions he would have an excuse for not converting. Hoff was a average RB and handy utility plug a hole type player like last season but that is all. What other club in this league would see Hoff lead the line for almost a third of the regular season.

Hoff is one of those types who could have easily at the end of any given season ( except for last season ) faded back in to NPL and no one would have given it a second thought.
    I still disagree but to each their own

I think my problem is I love players who give 100% every game even if they dont have the beat technical ability

I think my problem is I love players who give 100% every game even if they dont have the beat technical ability
    I get it i do but in a professional league where results count toward membership and sponsorship you need players with both those qualities. Squads are filled with nice blokes but it is the ones who have give 100% and have technical ability that win you things or at least keep you in the hunt.

I get it i do but in a professional league where results count toward membership and sponsorship you need players with both those qualities. Squads are filled with nice blokes but it is the ones who have give 100% and have technical ability that win you things or at least keep you in the hunt.
    Well our technical blokes are either injured suspended or not giving 100%. So what so you propose?

Well our technical blokes are either injured suspended or not giving 100%. So what so you propose?
    That is exactly right hence why he gets a look in week after week because he is a fringe player who has found himself in a squad with the very circumstances you just mentioned above . In a team with a full healthy squad he is on a bench at best or in the stands with the rest of us on game day.

Cheers

Hoffman has played in 175 A-League games
    He's scored 9 goals from 13 games for the Olyroos.
    He's scored 4 goals from 11 games for the Young Socceroos

That's a quality professional footballer and to call him otherwise is deluded.

I think Hoffman has done well. Not great, but not terrible.
    He doesn’t deserve to be dropped to the bench. He’s been put in a position I don’t think he wants to be in and something he isn’t overly suited to through no doing of his own. He’s simply doing what’s asked of him.

I think Hoffman has offered more to us in a position he’s not familiar with at this level than George has offered this season.

I’d much rather see George dropped to the bench before Hoffman.
    Wouldn’t mind seeing Dimi in a false 9. With Hoffman/Jair/Thurgate/Austin supporting.
    Let Vargas run the midfield with Kanta and Ugar the anchors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'm with you Dunster...

went to the Victory v WSW game on saturday night, one thing that stood out.
    whenever Honda drifted into space (wide right) the second the ball was played to him, a CM and his right back rushed to him and they played triangles until Honda had the ball with no pressure. WSW couldnt over commit because it would open up Barbarouses, or someone rushing through top of the box.
    By the extra players coming to him for the easy ball, Honda had so much more extra time, and was never double teamed. Once he was 1 on 1 with a WSW player he could pick and choose as he pleased with his passes (or runs).

contrast that to sunday and whenever the ball was switched to Dimi no one came near him, and if his fullback made a run it was usually to overlap him.

this always left Dimi with limited options, and it 'seemed' like the idea of getting him the ball was to put him in space and let him create something.
    problem was a lot of the time he was on the ball he was quickly double teamed, leaving him no real options.

it certainly looked like the game plan to hope Dimi got in lots of 1 v 1 situations in space. but it didnt work.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

but it is the ones who have give 100% and have technical ability that win you things or at least keep you in the hunt.
    lets not forget the ones that dont get suspended for half the season, that also helps.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Explains your excessive love for Hazard then

Explains your excessive love for Hazard then
    Not as much as I love guys like Kante and Azpi. Alonso as well