Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea FC

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Good. Unless RM spend 200mil
    That may be a slightly over the top figure.

Hazard has dreams of playing for Real and they have a massive opening available for the next Galactico. I wouldn't say you're completely safe yet.

Sarri seems like a great coach but a massive wanker. So he will probably do really well at Chelsea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That may be a slightly over the top figure.

Hazard has dreams of playing for Real and they have a massive opening available for the next Galactico. I wouldn't say you're completely safe yet.

Sarri seems like a great coach but a massive wanker. So he will probably do really well at Chelsea.
    I agree re: Hazard. If he wants to go, he will force the move. Players do it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

If he wants to go, he will force the move. Players do it all the time.
    I always giggle when I hear this kind of comment (not coz you said it JP, it comes up A LOT).

Headline should always read: "person chooses better paying, easier, more prestigious job", yet it seems the only industry where people look down on it.

People are weird.

I agree re: Hazard. If he wants to go, he will force the move. Players do it all the time.
    Nah he can get ****ed. They pay big money or Hazard can rot in the reserves. If he is as good as some people say and RM think then they will pay it
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I always giggle when I hear this kind of comment (not coz you said it JP, it comes up A LOT).

Headline should always read: "person chooses better paying, easier, more prestigious job", yet it seems the only industry where people look down on it.

People are weird.
    I don't look down it. After supporting football teams for so long I've come to accept it's just what happens.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I don't look down it. After supporting football teams for so long I've come to accept it's just what happens.
    Oh but I'd say you're in the minority, especially amongst people who are as invested in the game as you are.

Oh but I'd say you're in the minority, especially amongst people who are as invested in the game as you are.

I was going to add that the most common retort to it is "they can rot in the reserves" but Stanny beat me to it, sort of.

The problem with the reserve rotting ploy is that the only party affected negatively is the team with the unhappy player.

- Unhappy player gets paid lots of money to train with kids and not work very hard. (WIN)
    - Buying team either gets him for free when his contract expires or at worst gets a massive discount on the fee once the unhappy player has spent 6 months without 1st team football. (Massive WIN)
    - Selling team loses value in asset, team moral is affected by player not being in team, you also lose the positive influence on results that unhappy player would bring. (LOSE)
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I was going to add that the most common retort to it is "they can rot in the reserves" but Stanny beat me to it, sort of.

The problem with the reserve rotting ploy is that the only party affected negatively is the team with the unhappy player.

- Unhappy player gets paid lots of money to train with kids and not work very hard. (WIN)
    - Buying team either gets him for free when his contract expires or at worst gets a massive discount on the fee once the unhappy player has spent 6 months without 1st team football. (Massive WIN)
    - Selling team loses value in asset, team moral is affected by player not being in team, you also lose the positive influence on results that unhappy player would bring. (LOSE)
    Agree but after the shit weve been through. Players can perform or **** off. Would love to keep Hazard but he leaves for our price
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Agree but after the shit weve been through. Players can perform or **** off. Would love to keep Hazard but he leaves for our price
    oh i can understand all of this.

But didnt Chelsea just have a stand off with their manager because he wanted his contract honoured?

the backlash just never seems to be the same when a club wants to break a contract, thats all im saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

i mean, it aint my money, but yeah if i ever had an unhappy player id be all for selling them (esp if the sale is a 'better' move for the player). If you have the leverage, use it (for a better price etc) but id always be keeping the player 'happy' and have them playing to their best ability for me until its done.

seemed to work in the Aubameyang situation for the most part.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

the backlash just never seems to be the same when a club wants to break a contract, thats all im saying.
    Or when it's the buying club in the situation. I'll also add.

Many Liverpool fans were shitty at Coutinho but couldn't understand why Southampton wouldn't just let van Dijk go.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 13-07-2018 at 06:07 PM.

oh i can understand all of this.

But didnt Chelsea just have a stand off with their manager because he wanted his contract honoured?

It goes way deeper then that. Conte has been mucking behind the scenes ever since the "Costa Text"

love at first sight

Banned
    Nah he can get ****ed. They pay big money or Hazard can rot in the reserves. If he is as good as some people say and RM think then they will pay it
    Worked well with Costa didnt it??

Worked well with Costa didnt it??
    Costa was hiding in Brazil and refusing to come back so no chance to repair things no matter what the club did and he had also wanted to leave ever since he signed

love at first sight

Banned
    Costa was hiding in Brazil and refusing to come back so no chance to repair things no matter what the club did and he had also wanted to leave ever since he signed
    Says a lot tgen

Couldnt wait to GTFO once he arrived

Says a lot tgen

Couldnt wait to GTFO once he arrived
    Thats cause for such a good player he is a whiny twat

love at first sight

Last year was the only time when the clubs have any power.
    World Cup years. Players want to play in the lead up. Assuming they make the World Cup and aren’t of high enough stature to get a spot regardless of game time for something like a pay dispute/ transfer request.

Every ther year, players can force a move, one way or another. For reasons mentioned above.
    What’s the point in paying wages, losing transfer money and getting nothing in return but a feeling of “letting him rot” which essentially translates to letting him do not much to get paid big money.

If Hazard wants to go, he will go. If Madrid want him, he will go.

Same with any player, Liverpool know, Torres, Suarez, Can and Coutinho. Players hold the upper hand and eventually it makes business sense to cut them loose and fetch some money. Otherwise players like Can leave on a free. He refused to sign a new contract, let the last year on his contract run, and scored himself a 12M signing bonus, which is probabaly a third of what Juventus would’ve paid for him if they needed to negotiate. Everybody benefited from that except the selling club/parent club

Many Liverpool fans were shitty at Coutinho but couldn't understand why Southampton wouldn't just let van Dijk go.
    Haha, this is fandom in a nutshell.

Excellent post.

I think the post game quote from Hazard was "after 6 wonderful years at Chelsea, maybe it's time to try something different"

Which is either a change of position to Goal Keeper, he wants chicken nuggets added to the menu in the canteen, or he's definitely heading to Real in a few weeks.

Barca making glances at Kante also. But surely Busquets has another 2-3 years in him so that must be fluff.

Thibaut to Real looks likely. Arsenal have offered Cech back to Chelsea since they are such nice people.