Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I wonder if you could argue that Zane is more deserving of Jets Youth role than McBreen?
    Without knowing what McBreen has done specifically, maybe someone could comment if they disagree, but surely Zane would be more deserving of that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Beppe View Post
    He has done an amazing job. Would love to see him get some sort of opportunity with the Jets.
    Maybe he was approached. Maybe he doesn't want it. Who knows....
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Football lover View Post
    100k spent on there team last few seasons. Known fact
    He was clearly talking about all teams in the NPL, I'd be surprised if the total wages spent on all players in the NPL is less than $100K/season.

His next point wasn't on about Edgy but rather that the clubs can pay this because they will always be in NPL with no consequences for finishing last year after year.

So Law has been signed up to Charlestown as 1st Grade Coach. He has already signed up a couple players from Cooks Hill and brought his assistant over with him.

Banned
    Without knowing what McBreen has done specifically, maybe someone could comment if they disagree, but surely Zane would be more deserving of that role.
    McBreen has coached the Jets U18s side last 3 years

GF loss
    GF win
    GF win

Couple of minor premierships in there to boot

So being he has a tonne of HAL experience and is currently working for the Jets it hardly surprising he got the gig really

It ain't like Gypo CEO had to search worldwide to find him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    100s of thousands on player wages.....who you trying to kid.
    I be quite content to be backing that the top 4 this season be pushing close to 100k if not breaking it in player wages for 2019

I also be backing that the other clubs bar the Jets be well over 50k each in player wages

$200 a player per game and you already pushing close to 50k and that assuming you paying them like communists

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    McBreen has coached the Jets U18s side last 3 years

GF loss
    GF win
    GF win

Couple of minor premierships in there to boot

So being he has a tonne of HAL experience and is currently working for the Jets it hardly surprising he got the gig really

It ain't like Gypo CEO had to search worldwide to find him
    Dont forget that McBreen also won the Jets an A-League title.
    Bloke should walk into whatever job he wants for the remainder of time.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Dont forget that McBreen also won the Jets an A-League title.
    Bloke should walk into whatever job he wants for the remainder of time.
    Also, don't forget that Agent McBreen fluffed one for da sCCuM before he went rogue and won said title.
    Character sketchy...

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    So Law has been signed up to Charlestown as 1st Grade Coach. He has already signed up a couple players from Cooks Hill and brought his assistant over with him.
    Surely not !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Surely not !!!
    Not sure if sarcasm or not but it is official and has been announced.

He has done an amazing job. Would love to see him get some sort of opportunity with the Jets.
    Throw in finalists in the NPL Playoffs in 2016 and semi finalists in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I wonder if you could argue that Zane is more deserving of Jets Youth role than McBreen?
    Is Jets youth bigger/better than Edgy 1st grade? I think not. Jets Youth won’t get people ready for big jobs. Promoting from within is bs and never works. Zane keeps going like he is he’ll get a assistant coach or even 1st team with A-League team soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud Van Nistelrooys Chin View Post
    Throw in finalists in the NPL Playoffs in 2016 and semi finalists in 2017
    Top coach. He should stay and wait for a proper chance. Youth team below his level.

How far can Maitland go in the NPL final series. Was a huge result last weekend considering they were without Matt Swan Joel Woods Nick Cowburn and Grant Brown.
    I think it will be a lot tougher this weekend against Brisbane Lions.
    Does anyone know if they get any players back

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    How far can Maitland go in the NPL final series. Was a huge result last weekend considering they were without Matt Swan Joel Woods Nick Cowburn and Grant Brown.
    I think it will be a lot tougher this weekend against Brisbane Lions.
    Does anyone know if they get any players back
    I'd give them a good shout at home. If they can beat Brisbane Lions then they're in a final where anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I'd give them a good shout at home. If they can beat Brisbane Lions then they're in a final where anything can happen.
    Fair call on being a good shout at home. I think i read in the herald the other day that they are undefeated in all games at home this season, including npl, ffa cup , semis and npl final series against Hobart

NPL down to 10 teams for 2020, Jets Yoof confirmed in the NSW NPL system from next year.

https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...switch-npl-nsw

Newcastle Jets today welcomed the news from Football NSW regarding the Club’s youth teams and the NPL NSW competitions.

As of 2020, all 11 of the Jets Academy teams from the U/13s Boys and U/13s Girls teams, to the U/20s Men’s and Women’s teams, will compete in the NPL NSW.

Our women’s teams will continue to compete in the NPL NSW Women’s top- flight competition, while young boys teams, who will compete in the U/13s, U/14s, U/15s, and U/16s, will enter into the Youth NPL NSW 2.

The senior men’s youth teams, the U/16s, U/18s, and U/20s, will compete in the U/18s, U/20s, and First Grade competitions respectively in the Senior NPL NSW 4 and look to climb their way up the divisions.

According to Academy Technical Director, Craig Deans, the move will only benefit Newcastle’s young footballers.

“Playing in the NPL NSW has helped our young women immensely, we can see that through how many have progressed into the Westfield W-League side,” Deans said.

“For the boys to make the move will be a massive boost to their development and we’re confident it’ll have a positive impact on the quality of our youngsters.

“We see this is a fantastic move for the long-term health and success of our Academy and the players that come through it.”

Newcastle Jets CEO, Lawrie McKinna, said the future is bright for the Jets Academy.

“With the move to Hunter Sports High School and now the switch to the NPL NSW for our boys, 2020 is shaping as a landmark year for our Academy,” McKinna said.

“Northern NSW Football have been fantastic through this whole process and we want to thank them for all their support since we entered the NPL NNSW back in 2012.

“We also appreciate the hard work of Football NSW in ensuring we could bring seven new teams into their competitions and we’re looking forward to competing in the NPL NSW.”

NPL 4?
    Top quality football for the boys

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    NPL 4?
    Top quality football for the boys
    Short term pain for long term gain I guess....

It was the only way they were going to be allowed to join as the NSW NPL refused to move one of their current teams out of a spot to accommodate. Which is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Short term pain for long term gain I guess....

It was the only way they were going to be allowed to join as the NSW NPL refused to move one of their current teams out of a spot to accommodate. Which is understandable.
    Do these grades have pro/rel?
    Or do Jets have to reapply to move grades each year if they are any good?