Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    Bit of a different topic but can someone with more knowledge than me give me an idea on which player has played at the most local clubs?

I'll throw a couple of names out there to start with, Joel Wood & Jamie Byrnes. No idea how many teams they've actually played for but every year when I go & watch a few games they seem to be in different colours.
    Ben Kelly would be up to 5 clubs I think..

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Surely Webb and Cansdell-Sherriff not far behind.
    Sills at Valentine, surely their big spending to be sitting 9th isn't acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Sills at Valentine, surely their big spending to be sitting 9th isn't acceptable
    Another than Bailey and Ben hay( no longer there) who else there is on big money?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Another than Bailey and Ben hay( no longer there) who else there is on big money?
    I am not saying that the following are on big money, just brainstorming.

Brown, Paul, Olzhiemer (no doubt butchered the spelling) might be on bigger money than average perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Where did Ben Hay go?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Where did Ben Hay go?
    Overseas holiday, think he returns just before end of season

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Speaking of R Zad, anything further with his incident last weekend? Or does he get away with another one.
    Why is this incident not being looked into by northern. Wouldn't it be something that falls under their code of conduct. Surely a coach putting his hands on an opposition player can't be ignored or swept under the carpet by his employer

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Why is this incident not being looked into by northern. Wouldn't it be something that falls under their code of conduct. Surely a coach putting his hands on an opposition player can't be ignored or swept under the carpet by his employer
    Really poor of Northern to not act

So 17 teams maximum in the two men’s Premier grade comps next season and that includes Jets. My mail is if the Jets go to Sydney like they want and have applied for there will be two divisions of NPL 1 and 2 played over 3 rounds with 8 teams in each for senior grades and a flat based structure for youth grades with all teams in. Been told 2 clubs to almost guaranteed to be be in 2nd tier are Lakes and Valentine based not only on results but very poor facilities and only need a shower of rain and games called off. Valo also have no suitable lighting at CB complex. Last club to go down if Jets are not admitted to Sydney is interesting with both Adamstown and Charlestown in the firing line. All officially revealed after the Grand Final.

imo, If you meet the NPL standards as all of the current teams do, they shouldn't be relegated for facilities (unless of course their facilities didn't meet the criteria in the first place.....). Relegation should be on results, and the bottom 3? teams drop down.

I'm curious to see how this works. Will it improve attendances or diminish them?
    For any club relegated, I imagine there will be a loss of revenue from sponsors at least.

Tell you what would be fun to watch. A 16 team NPL in 2020. Play eachother once then split into top 8/bottom 8. Welcome to your NPL1 and 2. Play eachother once. Finals for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    So 17 teams maximum in the two men’s Premier grade comps next season and that includes Jets. My mail is if the Jets go to Sydney like they want and have applied for there will be two divisions of NPL 1 and 2 played over 3 rounds with 8 teams in each for senior grades and a flat based structure for youth grades with all teams in. Been told 2 clubs to almost guaranteed to be be in 2nd tier are Lakes and Valentine based not only on results but very poor facilities and only need a shower of rain and games called off. Valo also have no suitable lighting at CB complex. Last club to go down if Jets are not admitted to Sydney is interesting with both Adamstown and Charlestown in the firing line. All officially revealed after the Grand Final.
    That seems contrary to all other information released previously.

Northern wanted a 12 team NPL competition with promotion/relegation. If they have 17 NPL licensed clubs then the intention was to run with 12 team NPL and a 10 team NL1 still. There would be the opportunity for the NPL licensed teams to promote from NL1 if they win the comp.

flat based structure for youth grades with all teams in
    I like the idea of this as it gives teams like cooks hills, new lambton, etc the chance to retain their juniors and stop losing them to NPL clubs. However, I don't think it's going to be pretty watching Magic, Olympic, Jets Youth teams play the likes of Cessnock, Thornton, Singleton etc though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    imo, If you meet the NPL standards as all of the current teams do, they shouldn't be relegated for facilities (unless of course their facilities didn't meet the criteria in the first place.....). Relegation should be on results, and the bottom 3? teams drop down.

I'm curious to see how this works. Will it improve attendances or diminish them?
    For any club relegated, I imagine there will be a loss of revenue from sponsors at least.

Tell you what would be fun to watch. A 16 team NPL in 2020. Play eachother once then split into top 8/bottom 8. Welcome to your NPL1 and 2. Play eachother once. Finals for each.
    The concerns raised about going to around 16 teams is that halfway through the season you have the prospect of clubs having nothing left to play for. Similar to watching Lakes, Adamstown or Valentine play each other now.

The Jets Youth also struggle for motivation as they really have nothing to play for week in, week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    That seems contrary to all other information released previously.

Northern wanted a 12 team NPL competition with promotion/relegation. If they have 17 NPL licensed clubs then the intention was to run with 12 team NPL and a 10 team NL1 still. There would be the opportunity for the NPL licensed teams to promote from NL1 if they win the comp.

I like the idea of this as it gives teams like cooks hills, new lambton, etc the chance to retain their juniors and stop losing them to NPL clubs. However, I don't think it's going to be pretty watching Magic, Olympic, Jets Youth teams play the likes of Cessnock, Thornton, Singleton etc though.
    I would imagine the Youth NPL would only be teams in the NPL comps. Therefore Cessnock and Singo would not be part of the Youth NPL comp. So looking at between 16 or 17 teams plus North Coast, Mid North Coast and possibly Northern Inland.

Any idea what happens to teams that don't make NPL? Do they just go to Zone League or will there be a State League under NPL still?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Any idea what happens to teams that don't make NPL? Do they just go to Zone League or will there be a State League under NPL still?
    That will be alot of money lost to NNSW thru registrations.

What’s the point of NewFM if there are NPL 1 & 2.

No one cares about NewFM as it is and the better players are already playing NPL or even some playing ZPL with their mates.

NPL 1 with 8
    NPL 2 with 9

The other NewFM teams who didn’t apply, back to ZL.

Jets will go to Sydney leaving 16 teams for Npl 1 and Npl 2 with the rest of the newfm teams relegated to Zone football.
    NPL 1
    Edgeworth
    Broadmeadow
    Hamilton
    Lambton
    Maitland
    Weston
    Azzurri
    Adamstown or Lakes

NPL 2
    Adamstown or Lakes
    Valentine
    Kahibah
    Wallsend
    West Wallsend
    Cooks Hill
    Belswans
    South Cardiff

With promotion and relegation between Npl 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    The question here is: do all current NPL sides meet the facilities criteria? Having read the criteria, I can tell you with certainty that many current NPL sides do not meet the standard.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Jets will go to Sydney leaving 16 teams for Npl 1 and Npl 2 with the rest of the newfm teams relegated to Zone football.
    NPL 1
    Edgeworth
    Broadmeadow
    Hamilton
    Lambton
    Maitland
    Weston
    Azzurri
    Adamstown or Lakes

NPL 2
    Adamstown or Lakes
    Valentine
    Kahibah
    Wallsend
    West Wallsend
    Cooks Hill
    Belswans
    South Cardiff

With promotion and relegation between Npl 1 and 2
    It will be damn hard to keep Cooks Hill out of NPL1. They have a history of performance, the juniors, the money and the ground.

Based on performance, grounds, juniors and any combination of the three, this would be my comps come the revolution:

NPL 1
    1 Edgeworth
    2 Broadmeadow
    3 Hamilton
    4 Lambton
    5 Maitland
    6 Weston
    7 Azzurri
    8 Cooks Hill

NPL 2
    1 Lakes
    2 Valentine
    3 Kahibah
    4 Wallsend
    5 West Wallsend
    6 Belswans
    7 South Cardiff
    8 Adamstown

Relegating 3 from the current NPL will cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but to give Cooks Hill a deserved shot then 3 go down unless they are happy with uneven numbers in the two comps or want a bye. Could they go 9 an 7? Possible.

Oh, and 3 rounds please.

A shame about Thornton. Such a growth area.

Youth: all in together. Yep, there will be smashings but they will lessen over time thanks to SAP or equivalent programmes. Allow Mid North Coast and North Coast to be part of the youth comp
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

The above scenarios are all dependent on the NPL licenses being issued.
    If 16 clubs have applied (not including the Jets), there’s a likelihood that some of them won’t be granted.
    Then we might end up with a 12,13 or 14 team competition anyway.