Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The concerns raised about going to around 16 teams is that halfway through the season you have the prospect of clubs having nothing left to play for. Similar to watching Lakes, Adamstown or Valentine play each other now.

The Jets Youth also struggle for motivation as they really have nothing to play for week in, week out.
    How is this different to the HAL or the NPL now??

Simplest way to fix it is install Promotion and Relegation

How these clowns at Northern after 100 odd years don't have a Pro/Rel set up in the Hunter is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    New Lambton sources that I know are smart dudes. They satisfied every part of NPL criteria except a ground but they have a very close association to both The Newcastle Council and State and Federal Members that sees them well placed once Council finish their audit on local sports ground usage in Spetember to pounce. They have formal development plans across 3 grounds pending, huge juniors and competitive Youth teams in all ages of NL1. Jim Foley will lead a Coaching review in 2020 and they are appointing a Football Operations team to drive Mens Youth and Womens programs to the next level.
    It sounds like your sources are very well placed. So, New Lambton are actually hoping to buy the ground and then redevelop?? I'd heard the club had some financial backing, but that sounds like an enormous investment. It would be fantastic if they pulled it off though. That sort of ambition will ruffle a few feathers and kick some of the other clubs into gear.

The Football Operations team sounds like a really forward thinking approach. Do any other clubs in the region have this kind of set-up?

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    I'd heard the club had some financial backing, but that sounds like an enormous investment.
    arent they in the midst of partnering(?) with a pretty potentially decent revenue stream that would enhance this whole project?

or am i speaking out of turn here?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment. The logistics would be a nightmare. Darling St, Magic Park and Arthur Edden Oval are prime examples of this. With only one club utilising the grounds the youth teams are still required to train on other fields due to lack of availability.
    Contrary to popular opinion Olympic and Jaffas dont own these facilities. They are both District sports grounds. Available for use by whomever whenever. Magic have a long term lease and a Regional status that lets them lock it up. At the end of the day, 200 blokes locking up a Council asset for semi pro part time football is out the window. Not just football either. Loads of Rugby grounds locally that cling to heritage tenancy. A shake up looming and ground sharing will be a given.

How is this different to the HAL or the NPL now??

Simplest way to fix it is install Promotion and Relegation

How these clowns at Northern after 100 odd years don't have a Pro/Rel set up in the Hunter is a joke
    It's not, and you obviously didn't read everything i wrote. The point is they want a 12 team NPL with promotion and relegation.

Contrary to popular opinion Olympic and Jaffas dont own these facilities. They are both District sports grounds. Available for use by whomever whenever. Magic have a long term lease and a Regional status that lets them lock it up. At the end of the day, 200 blokes locking up a Council asset for semi pro part time football is out the window. Not just football either. Loads of Rugby grounds locally that cling to heritage tenancy. A shake up looming and ground sharing will be a given.
    I never said they owned the facilities.

I am pointing out that 3 inner city clubs play and train on these grounds but it already isn't enough. they have Youth and SAP teams that train on other fields due to the fact their isn't enough time and availability to go around on the main grounds.

There’s not you are correct - but it’s not the main pitches that are the problem for training space - It’s number of and availability of training space.

It’s hard to fathom when you look at the number of people playing football, how league and union are still able to lock up so much space. E.g. Wests have 6 fields under their control and they have less than 400 players in their club! That’s about 70 players per field. When you have Cooks Hill with 800 and New Lambton with 1500 - who have 375 per field.

As soon as Council move out of the 70’s the sooner we will have facilities we can all be proud of!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    How unrealistic NNSW’s plans are to roll “NPL” requirements deeper into the region will be seen when they try it on with the WPL - because that’s what will make the competition flourish.

A number of clubs won’t come close and will never have the ability or support from Council to develop their grounds - and in at 2 examples remove a cricket pitch.

This is why partnerships between WPL and NPL clubs will be important in the future. Maybe not handing over the reigns? But at very least ground sharing.

Not enough complying grounds, held by too few “men only” clubs and not enough money about to create more. The outcome of Councils ground review will be interesting in this respect.
    Newcastle Council's ground review? Because right now only 3 of the 5 clubs within Newcastle council do ground share with Northern clubs already. Are South Wallsend going to be happy to play elsewhere? Mereweather should be.

Warners Bay have done a lot of work on their grounds and their facilities, they are happy to just leave all that to go to some shit hole like Croudace Bay Complex?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The sooner some of these inner city clubs pool their resources and ground share the better off they'll be.
    In regards to NL1/NPL and WPL the majority of these inner city clubs already do
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 19-07-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    It sounds like your sources are very well placed. So, New Lambton are actually hoping to buy the ground and then redevelop?? I'd heard the club had some financial backing, but that sounds like an enormous investment. It would be fantastic if they pulled it off though. That sort of ambition will ruffle a few feathers and kick some of the other clubs into gear.

The Football Operations team sounds like a really forward thinking approach. Do any other clubs in the region have this kind of set-up?
    Most if not all other clubs use council owned facilities, will Newcastle Council sell off their land to one club?

Warners Bay have done a lot of work on their grounds and their facilities, they are happy to just leave all that to go to some shit hole like Croudace Bay

Council did all the work at Warner’s Bay and you should be aware that Croudace Bay is being completely redone both grounds & facilities in the very near future by the council as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Nah, I'm talking about NPL clubs groundsharing with other NPL clubs in order to have one top notch facility.
    There's a reason Magic keep getting the marquee games yeah?

Nah, I'm talking about NPL clubs groundsharing with other NPL clubs in order to have one top notch facility.
    Would not surprise me to see local councils start looking to utilise synthetic pitches with upgraded grandstands and have multiple users share the ground. Not many grass pitches in use in NSW NPL these days.

Not sure about LondonBoy’s source reliability on this one.

Newcastle Council's ground review? Because right now only 3 of the 5 clubs within Newcastle council do ground share with Northern clubs already. Are South Wallsend going to be happy to play elsewhere? Mereweather should be.

Warners Bay have done a lot of work on their grounds and their facilities, they are happy to just leave all that to go to some shit hole like Croudace Bay Complex?

In an NPL type requirements setting, Southy for example would need to move if they can’t find the hundreds and hundreds of thousands dollars needed to upgrade walker fields.

This is my broader point - what WPL club has that money? Ground sharing only option or the comp dies if NNSW keeps pushing on with NPL standards in WPL

Goodluck getting Magic to share their grounds with other teams. Not to mention the logistical nightmare of trying to play matches on it during a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Would not surprise me to see local councils start looking to utilise synthetic pitches with upgraded grandstands and have multiple users share the ground. Not many grass pitches in use in NSW NPL these days.
    The day Newcastle Council spend money on their grounds is the day Liverpool win the league

Good to see Magic taking the assault on an opposition player seriously.
    1 game in house suspension. What a joke.
    Hopefully the kid takes it to northern .

The day Newcastle Council spend money on their grounds is the day Liverpool win the league
    yeah, if only there was a local billion dollar company with a narcissistic leader who is all about shiny things and photo ops who cant even spend their yearly works budget and has $100m cash sitting in short term investments handy that could help fund something like this if only people who had, i dunno, thousands and thousands of members at their disposal went to them and said, 'imagine how many of these people will vote for you if you do something good for them'.

yeah you're right though,no point even considering it, lets just keep getting people to put their high beams on round the side of the ground and hope for the best.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Good to see Magic taking the assault on an opposition player seriously.
    1 game in house suspension. What a joke.
    Hopefully the kid takes it to northern .
    Why ? So northern can fine him $250 like they did when he assaulted Nesbitt on grand final day 2 years ago at Magic Stadium

Banned
    As with most things in local football, the rumour and innuendo is short on fact. New Lambton FC did not apply because despite attempts to satisfy their due dilligence with NNSWF, they could not find common ground on what a new lhatook NPL would look like. Nor any satisfaction that an NPL would look any different to what an NPL currently looks like in NNSWF which, (if we are honest), is a competition short on quality, depth, youth development, gender equality and suitable resources (Magic Park the best in Newcastle is testament to this).
    Great post but i'll correct you on 2 things. Info I got was fact and from the club at the time, none of this opinion innuendo tripe. Bear in mind much of the hear say that ends up on here is either wind up or has much truth. I do applaud that you added the future projection of the club.

Next the crap about gender inequality.
    It took decades for boys and men to get to where we are today mostly no pay or insurance. The women have jumped straight in on the back of this work in spectacular fashion to get competitions, grounds, refs, coaching, resources in quick time. And thats great but no one is going to be a whinging asshole mangina about the state of play but be thankful for the quick ascendancy and assured future in this era.

Edgeworth too good for Maitland winning 3-1