3rds
    Aka ‘The jewel in a clubs crown’
    Aka ‘The Main event’

7-0 Azzuri

The other games
    Res 1-1
    1sts 2-1 Azzuri

The Friendship Cup

Well that chat on here was correct, we were expecting the Azzuri fans to come out in droves and that they did. Although 3rds is used to playing infront of the biggest crowds week in and week out this was something special. I believe the crowd probably gave the Azzuri fans a 7 goal advantage too. Even though the result in the record books will show that Azzuri won 7-0, we will always have to wonder what could happen if the fans were taken out of the equation.

On a serious note, too good for us today and really know how to move the ball into the right areas. Nice to finally put a face to the name Butch. Drink big from the Cup this evening.

Ressies
    - Was quite a good game to watch, Azzuri got up early and created a lot of good chances but our boys were able to keep in the contest and get one back with 10 to go. Granted it took a wonder strike to level things up.

Firsts
    - All goals scored in the first half. Azzuri getting up 2-0 with 2 nice plays to set up their marquee man for both before Westlakes were able to get their Marquee player 1on1 with the keeper and draw one back. Another good contest and I think Azzuri will be pretty happy to have gotten the choccies from this one.

Sorry I didn’t end up having a beer with you Butch it would have went down like razorblades today.
    Last edited by Incognito mosquito; 08-06-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post

On a serious note, too good for us today and really know how to move the ball into the right areas. Nice to finally put a face to the name Butch. Drink big from the Cup this evening.
    Very much looking forward to butchs rebuttal here. This has to be the most blatantly westlakes bias post I have seen on here maybe ever. There are 2 sides to every story, and this other side is more anticipated than George R.R Martin's next novel. Take it away, butch. Set the story straight.
    OK

Garden Suburb v Wallsend

First
    2-1

Reserves
    2-0

Thirds
    3-0

New Lambton v Jesmond
    1st: 1-0 New Lambton
    Res: 2-0 Jesmond
    3rds: 5-2 New Lambton

Westlakes v Azzuri

3rds
    Aka ‘The Main event’

It does seem so.... the boys can't seem to let it go.... it's obvious now that most if not all of them must play in the 2nd & 3rd grades and were offended.. it's great that they are passionate... there was no offence intended... I was merely pointing out the fact that as per the regulations, that I did put up for all to read, that clubs live and Die by their 1st grade results...

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    3rds
    Aka ‘The Main event’
    It's hard to keep up with you at times. I thought you were originally trying to say first grade is the priority, but these quoted comments make it seem that you are saying 3rd grade is the most important for every club?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    It's hard to keep up with you at times. I thought you were originally trying to say first grade is the priority, but these quoted comments make it seem that you are saying 3rd grade is the most important for every club?
    I just wish we could dispel some of this ambiguity. I need to know which grade is the most important, this is a matter of life and death!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I just wish we could dispel some of this ambiguity. I need to know which grade is the most important, this is a matter of life and death!
    The suspense is killing me!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Really you can't understand that 1st grade IS the most important.... basically I was saying you lad's can't let it go that clubs Live & Die, relegation and promotion wise on how 1st Grade performs.... that was my point from the start full stop... you guys must all be playing in the 2nd & 3rd grade teams... which is fine, but unfortunately results for those grades count for not much if 1st grade doesn't do well.

Really you can't understand that 1st grade IS the most important.... basically I was saying you lad's can't let it go that clubs Live & Die, relegation and promotion wise on how 1st Grade performs.... that was my point from the start full stop... you guys must all be playing in the 2nd & 3rd grade teams... which is fine, but unfortunately results for those grades count for not much if 1st grade doesn't do well.
    So wait... Let me get this straight... Just to confirm...

First grade is all that matters? Reserves and Third grade don't matter? Right????

So, we should just remove those grades and have only First Grade throughout all the comps? Because First grade is all that matters?

[QUOTE=Incognito mosquito;225786]

The pinnacle of all grades

New Lambton v Jesmond - 3-1 NL
    - Jesmond held scoreless first half

Cooks Hill v Uni - Uni 3-0
    - As score suggests CH to remain scoreless

Friendship Cup - Draw
    - >5 goals scored
    - After last weeks result I’m not willing to put scores up for this one. Moz and Butch to enjoy a shandy and rejoice in a tale or 2 at games end. Cup to be decided at Fishburn

Maryland v Stockton 2-1 Maryland
    - No team deserves to go winless in 3rds. Stocktons the team they can grab the biccies against.

Suburbs v Wallsend 4-1 Suburbs.
    -Wallsend to score first
    3rds

NL v Jeso - .5 (possibility of 1 pending whether jeso were scoreless at half time)

Cookshill v Uni - 0 Great result for CH

Friendship Cup - .5 definitely more than 5 goals scored just a shame we couldn’t be apart of the goal contribution.

Maryland v Stockton - Washout

Suburbs v Wallsend - .5 Wallsend have lost that loving feeling up top.

Total - 1.5 with a chance at 2 out of 4.

I have a feeling the Butch may have taken the lead here after this round.

As I’m sure someone once said somewhere

“God may save the Queen, but he will never save the detractors of 3rds and Reserves”
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

[QUOTE=Incognito mosquito;225922]

3rds

NL v Jeso - .5 (possibility of 1 pending whether jeso were scoreless at half time)

2-0 Eagles at half time.

Any chance you could clarify where you stand on the matter? Which grade do you think is the most important and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

[QUOTE=Incognito mosquito;225922]

3rds

Total - 1.5 with a chance at 2 out of 4.
    Thanks Howie

2/4
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

Friendship Cup - .5 definitely more than 5 goals scored just a shame we couldn’t be apart of the goal contribution.

Long time listener, first time caller. I'd give you a .75 as Butch did in fact score a screamer

3rds

I'm putting in a dispute! Where does the 0.5 come from? You predicted NL 3-1. That .5 could prove the difference come September
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Long time listener, first time caller. I'd give you a .75 as Butch did in fact score a screamer
    Where was that prediction made? "Screamer"

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Where was that prediction made? "Screamer"
    Whoops! Read the shandy as scoring goals.....

I'll go back to being a listener

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    That time of week again when we immerse ourselves in the most important grade of any competition, in any league, in world football....thirds.

Unfortunately, I think there will be a few washouts this weekend but fingers crossed most games go ahead as scheduled. The most talked about field in Newcastle football, aka Smith Park, is in serious doubt so the highly anticipated Butch vs Moz match-up is sadly in jeopardy.

New Lambton vs Jesmond: NL have only lost twice in the past five games and that was against the teams coming first and second. NL will win this, no doubt in my mind. The strange thing about Jesmond is that for a team coming second last, they have scored 13 goals in the 9 rounds to date which is actually pretty decent. So, NL to win, both teams to score.

Cooks Hill vs Uni: Uni play the best football of any team in third grade and they'll know that a loss will spell the end of their premiership dreams. They will win this but by only 1 goal in a very tight contest.

Azzurri vs Westlakes aka Butch vs Moz aka the friendship cup: After the disappointment of dropping their first points of the season last week, the sky blues will be keen to get back to winning ways. Azzurri to win this with a -3 start and butch to shout Moz a tin after the game.

Maryland vs Stockton: It has been a long time since the Sharkies have been able to belt out their team song but Saturday is the day! Sharks will win and at the end of the match, Maryland's goal difference will be either -37 or -38.

Suburbs vs Wallsend: The big, beautiful, third grade kingfisher will once again swoop down to take all three points this Sunday and she'll do it comfortably with a -2 start.
    NL vs Jeso = 1

CH vs Uni = 0

Friendship Cup: 0.5 because we didn't fit a beer in. I did come into the away sheds with a couple of tins but the Moz must have already flown away... That nice fella who hurt his ankle profited from your absence.

Burbs vs Devils: 1

Total = 2.5