Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I reckon this guys thinks 1st grade is more important than the lower grades? Anyone else picking up that vibe?
    Wow You are perceptive.... lol No disrespect intended. And I think 1st Grade is more important, because it IS.... ! Not only in Z competition but Every competition across the county/world... it is what it is ...! if you want lower grades to count go play all age where it doesn't matter...
    grade football is for serious competition..2nd and 3rd grades are there to support and fill in for 1st grade.
    Last edited by Just a spectator; 05-06-2019 at 08:04 PM.

ok whos the nong at stocko who cant put scores in right?? is that a pisstake from the weekend?? ive seen it done once and f00k mi (wheres he/she now??) its dead eazy. Not hard to fix either if you stuff it up too

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    Wow You are perceptive.... lol No disrespect intended. And I think 1st Grade is more important, because it IS.... ! Not only in Z competition but Every competition across the county/world... it is what it is ...! if you want lower grades to count go play all age where it doesn't matter...
    grade football is for serious competition..2nd and 3rd grades are there to support and fill in for 1st grade.
    So, just to make sure we are cyrstal clear.

1st grade = matters.
    Reserve grade = doesn't matter.
    Third grade = doesn't matter.

Is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

1st grade = matters.

Is that correct?
    Yep ya pretty much nailed it...!

1st grade = matters.

Is that correct?
    I think we are going to need justaspectator to confirm that is what he/she is saying.
    OK

That time of week again when we immerse ourselves in the most important grade of any competition, in any league, in world football....thirds.

Unfortunately, I think there will be a few washouts this weekend but fingers crossed most games go ahead as scheduled. The most talked about field in Newcastle football, aka Smith Park, is in serious doubt so the highly anticipated Butch vs Moz match-up is sadly in jeopardy.

New Lambton vs Jesmond: NL have only lost twice in the past five games and that was against the teams coming first and second. NL will win this, no doubt in my mind. The strange thing about Jesmond is that for a team coming second last, they have scored 13 goals in the 9 rounds to date which is actually pretty decent. So, NL to win, both teams to score.

Cooks Hill vs Uni: Uni play the best football of any team in third grade and they'll know that a loss will spell the end of their premiership dreams. They will win this but by only 1 goal in a very tight contest.

Azzurri vs Westlakes aka Butch vs Moz aka the friendship cup: After the disappointment of dropping their first points of the season last week, the sky blues will be keen to get back to winning ways. Azzurri to win this with a -3 start and butch to shout Moz a tin after the game.

Maryland vs Stockton: It has been a long time since the Sharkies have been able to belt out their team song but Saturday is the day! Sharks will win and at the end of the match, Maryland's goal difference will be either -37 or -38.

Suburbs vs Wallsend: The big, beautiful, third grade kingfisher will once again swoop down to take all three points this Sunday and she'll do it comfortably with a -2 start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Less important grade aka firsts:

NL vs Jesmond: Battle of the cellar dwellers... NL to win

Cooks Hill vs Uni: Cooks Hill, easily.

Azzurri vs Westlakes: Upset! WL to win and might even do it by more than a goal.

Maryland vs Stockton: Sorry to say but the Sharks stink. Maryland will win.

Burbs vs Wallsend: Burbs have easily been the most disappointing team this year. I feel like I tip them every week and they let me down. This match could go either way. Draw, but watch them win because I didn't tip them.
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

[QUOTE=the_butcher;225775]That time of week again when we immerse ourselves in the most important grade of any competition, in any league, in world football....thirds.

Azzurri vs Westlakes aka Butch vs Moz aka the friendship cup

Love it! Probably the most prestigious pieces of silverware going round

[QUOTE=Incognito mosquito;225785]
    Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    That time of week again when we immerse ourselves in the most important grade of any competition, in any league, in world football....thirds.

Azzurri vs Westlakes aka Butch vs Moz aka the friendship cup

Love it! Probably the most prestigious pieces of silverware going round
    The pinnacle of all grades

New Lambton v Jesmond - 3-1 NL
    - Jesmond held scoreless first half

Cooks Hill v Uni - Uni 3-0
    - As score suggests CH to remain scoreless

Friendship Cup - Draw
    - >5 goals scored
    - After last weeks result I’m not willing to put scores up for this one. Moz and Butch to enjoy a shandy and rejoice in a tale or 2 at games end. Cup to be decided at Fishburn

Maryland v Stockton 2-1 Maryland
    - No team deserves to go winless in 3rds. Stocktons the team they can grab the biccies against.

Suburbs v Wallsend 4-1 Suburbs.
    -Wallsend to score first

[QUOTE=the_butcher;225775]That time of week again when we immerse ourselves in the most important grade of any competition, in any league, in world football....thirds.

Well done boys..... Ya can't fix stupid But as long as ya havin fun..... Love ya work .... seriously

[QUOTE=Incognito mosquito;225786]
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post

Cooks Hill v Uni - 0-3
    - As score suggests CH to remain scoreless
    Fixed...
    Simples!

[QUOTE=Retro Jet;225797]
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post

Fixed...
    Simples!
    Sorry Jetty, bit of laziness from myself there.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Sorry Jetty, bit of laziness from myself there.
    Nah I back you there, Moz. It's just not in me to write scores out that way. Doesn't look right, doesn't feel right, doesn't sound right...even if it is right.

Update on Smith Park for those sitting on the edge of their seats wondering if "The Friendship Cup" will go ahead:
    - Field was marked yesterday and if the match was scheduled for yesterday it would have gone ahead. It is now a waiting game to see how much rain we will get over the next 24 hours. So in other words, I haven't really provided you with an update at all other then to tell you the field has been marked.

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post

Well done boys..... Ya can't fix stupid But as long as ya havin fun..... Love ya work .... seriously
    Thanks mate, seriously.

Nah I back you there, Moz. It's just not in me to write scores out that way. Doesn't look right, doesn't feel right, doesn't sound right...even if it is right.

Update on Smith Park for those sitting on the edge of their seats wondering if "The Friendship Cup" will go ahead:
    - Field was marked yesterday and if the match was scheduled for yesterday it would have gone ahead. It is now a waiting game to see how much rain we will get over the next 24 hours. So in other words, I haven't really provided you with an update at all other then to tell you the field has been marked.
    Thanks for the update, butch. Do you think they'll at least get the important game played, and then postpone reserves and firsts?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Thanks for the update, butch. Do you think they'll at least get the important game played, and then postpone reserves and firsts?
    You can be rest assured that I will be pushing for this. As you know, Azzurri are "The People's Club" so it is only fair that the people get what the people want, and that is for Thirds, aka The Main Event, to go ahead under any conditions.

You can be rest assured that I will be pushing for this. As you know, Azzurri are "The People's Club" so it is only fair that the people get what the people want, and that is for Thirds, aka The Main Event, to go ahead under any conditions.
    I genuinely shudder to think of the attendance if Thirds weren't to go ahead. Don't bother opening the canteen or filling the esky.
    Last edited by TXK; 07-06-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    I genuinely shudder to think of the attendance if Thirds weren't to go ahead. Don't bother opening the canteen or filling the esky.
    So you're telling me people actually care about their own games and not just firsts 😐 wow..

Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    So you're telling me people actually care about their own games and not just firsts 😐 wow..
    Are we doing this again already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Anyone get on today ? Results?