Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 1 thread

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    They play up the hill from the dishlicker track.. Can't think of the name, next to the cemetery yeah?

:
    Cook Park

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    They play up the hill from the dishlicker track.. Can't think of the name, next to the cemetery yeah?

Otty told me that it was only you, TKX, that didn't want the game going ahead, apparently everyone else (especially the Wallsend boys) were keen as mustard.. haha..
    Na I was keen to play on. The pitch brought all the technically gifted players down to my level, I actually felt like I belonged in First Grade for once hahaha.

All jokes aside though, was very shocked it went ahead at all. I haven’t been a part of anything like it before!
    Last edited by TXK; 24-06-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post

Stockton v Jesmond - Stockton

Penalty to be given

DRAW (unsure on pen?) - 0pts

Westlakes v Maryland - Westlakes

This is game of the round for me. West Lake like a Bengal Tiger to come out firing scoring at least 2 goals in the first half

Westlake - One goal each half - 0.5pts

Uni v New Lambton - draw

Uni holidays. Bad news for the students
    New Lambton to be winning and Uni to equalise in last 15

Uni - no equaliser - 0pts

Wallsend v Azzurri- Azzurri

Last game was a tough 1-0 win for blues. I see it being the opposite. -3 start

Azzurri - but in an upset of sorts Wallsend scored 3 goals - 0.5pts

Cooks Hill v Suburbs - suburbs

Would like Cooks Hill to win this for the blues to get closer to the most important title in world football. But Suburbs to get back on track. 2 goals from corners in the game

Washed out.... TBC
    1 point.... wow...I'm back babayyy

Hope there was a pen

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    Stockton v Jesmond - Stockton
    Stockton at home vs teams they are on parr with usually means a win for Stockton.
    - Both teams to score and Scores level at HT

Westlakes v Maryland - Westlakes
    A real danger game for us. After being pummelled for 3 weeks straight we can’t afford to be lackadaisical with our efforts this week.
    - WL for have a better GD than Stockton after this weekend.

Uni v New Lambton - Draw
    This is the opportunity of a lifetime for New Lambton. I think they should win this but something deep down thinks Uni won’t let that happen.
    - More goals in the second half than the first

Wallsend v Azzuri - Azzuri
    Wallsend haven’t turned up the last few weeks. Not sure what’s doing there as they’ve historically had a strong 3rds side. I think they will turn up this week but just fall short
    - Highest scoring match at Cook Park on the day

Cooks Hill v Suburbs - Cooks Hill
    This match could go either way. Cooks hill to bring their scoring boots from last week.
    - CH to score first and last goal
    Stockton v Jesmond 0
    - if scores level at half time .5

Westlakes v Maryland .5
    - Maryland defended very well and were probably a bit unlucky not to nab a goal.

Uni v New Lambton 0
    - Uni proving too good.

Wallsend v Azzuri .5
    - 7 goals in this game I would have thought that whole point was in the bag. Can only assume La Baz and Butch played ressies to ensure 3rds wasn’t the highest scoring match

CH v Suburbs - Washout

Total 1
    (1.5 if Stockton and Jeso level at HT)
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

Ok....... I really need this one.

If games aren't washed out, although very likely:

Stockton v Wallsend - Wallsend

Wallsend to win comfortably after their almost come back against Azzurri - Atleast one goal to Parra (Dan will know)

Jesmond v Uni - Uni

Closer than we think - Uni to win by a margin no more than 2

Cooks Hill v Azzurri - Draw

Game of the round - season defining for both teams..... I should get extra points for this prediciton......

0-0

Maryland v Suburbs - Suburbs

Suburbs to win scoring at least double the goals in the second half as they do in the first

New Lambton v Westlake - Draw

This ones for Moz...... Westlake to score last

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Stockton vs Jesmond: Sharkies are the kings of the draw, having drawn more games than any other team in the comp and I'm predicting this match will be no different. DRAW, both teams to score a minimum of two goals each.

Westlakes vs Maryland: Here's an interesting stat, Westlakes have actually conceded 5 more goals than Maryland have in the last 5 games (20 WL, 15 Maryland). Both teams winless in the last 5 matches. In saying that, it is impossible to back Maryland. Westlakes will win this but I might be tight. They won't win by more than 2.

Uni vs NL: If NL have any hopes of making the semis then they need to win this match. They have the form, undefeated in their last 4 outings, recording three wins and a draw although they were against teams in the bottom half of the ladder. I think it will be a close one. Uni to win but NL's First Grade team will score twice as many goals or more in First Grade as Uni do in third grade (hope that makes sense).

Wallsend vs Azzurri: The strange thing about Wallsend is that I actually really rated them when we played them in the first round. Their results before Round 6 were really encouraging but have been on a slippery slope since that Round 6 draw with the Bulldogs. It makes me wonder if they have lost a few players? Defensively they are quite good with the best GD in the bottom half of the table. I'm predicted Azzurri will win but will not score more than 3 goals.

CH vs Burbs: Draw, both teams to score.
    Stockton vs Jesmond: The kings of the draw strike again! Both teams to score two or more. ONE POINT! Great start for the butcher

Westlakes vs Maryland: Westlakes won and it wasn't by more than 2. ONE POINT!

Uni vs NL: Uni won but NL's first grade team only won 1-0. 0.5

Wallsend vs Azzurri: Kicking myself here. I was going to tip Azzurri to win but Wallsend to win with a -3 start. But I didn't. Azzurri won but scored 4 goals = 0.5

Total = 3 points (pending washout result between Burbs and CH)
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Great tipping Butchell

Not even bitter about it

Word on the street (Azzuri podcast) is that Azzuri have signed Matt Thompson for next season*

*Not confirmed only that he will be playing for a club that wears blue and rhymes with "Gazzuri" and playing up front with a person called "Reece Thompson".

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    *Not confirmed only that he will be playing for a club that wears blue and rhymes with "Gazzuri" and playing up front with a person called "Reece Thompson".
    Let's hope some more clues get dropped soon, we would all love to find out the mystery club..
    OK

Round 11 Ladder:

OK

Hopefully we don't get beaten by the wet weather. The world need's its fix of the greatest division of football in existence.

Stockton vs Wallsend: Both teams haven't won in the last 5 matches. Wallsend have lost 4 and won 1 whilst Stockton have drawn 4 and lost 1. The Sharks will FINALLY be able to sing their team song again. Sharks to win the match officially, Wallsend to win with a +1.5 start.

Jesmond vs Uni: Uni need to start putting these teams to the sword if they want to be considered a top team in the world's best division. Jesmond are playing for nothing. Uni to win and do so by an even amount of goals. I'd go something a bit more exotic but I don't think we have any Uni or Jesmond people on here to confirm any of our more outrageous markets.

Cooks Hill vs Azzurri: Azzurri's defense is leaking like an old tap all of a sudden. Cooks Hill to win by a goal.

Maryland vs Suburbs: Maryland haven't conceded more then 4 in a game in at least their last 5 games. Unfortunately they will this week. Suburbs to win with a -4 start.

NL vs WL: NL semi finals hopes are hanging by a thread. They need to win this to keep the dream alive. NL to win, no more than one yellow card in the match.
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Let's hope some more clues get dropped soon, we would all love to find out the mystery club..

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Round 11 Ladder:

I just noticed the name of the tipping shield

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

Interesting...
    All I got out of it was that he is a huge fan of 3rds and must attend regularly

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    All I got out of it was that he is a huge fan of 3rds and must attend regularly
    He's not stupid, he knows what the most important division is.

Many of the leagues fields are still closed and soaked through. Any chance of teams playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Many of the leagues fields are still closed and soaked through. Any chance of teams playing?
    Have heard Marylands was still underwater on Thursday morning, so probably unlikely to get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Novocastrian Oval still underwater, so it has just been organised (about 5 minutes ago) that New Lambton v Westlakes will move out to Rathmines on Sunday.

Rd 12

3rds

With the amount of catch up games some teams will have it will be difficult to keep track of all these predictions.

A special thanks to New Lambton too for being flexible with the venue change to allow this weeks fixture to potentially go ahead.

Predictions

Stockton v Wallsend - Draw
    Stockton coming off a game I’m assuming they felt they could win v Wallsend with nearly the comeback of a lifetime. I say the sharks will be too hungry to lose but not good enough to win.
    - Stockton to score the last goal

Jeso v Uni - Uni
    Uni will be too fit and too good.
    - Uni by 3 or more

Cooks Hill v Azzuri - Draw
    Before last weeks result I would have backed Azzuri in a tight one. I can’t see them losing but feel this will be too tight to call.
    - Most goals at the discus goal end and Butch for MoM

Westlakes v New Lambton - WL
    I’m going to say the change in venue will swing the odds in the favour of WL. Seeing as this is our away game, will we give NL the home sheds? Who knows, all I know is this game will be tighter than a nuns nasties.
    - WL by 1

Maryland v Suburbs - Suburbs
    Maryland have certainly closed some gaps in their defence of late. I think Suburbs will open them back up.
    - Suburbs to score more in the first half than second. 1 goal to be a header and Maryland scoreless.

Good luck to all hope it is a blind melon weekend so some football can be had
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain