Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 3 thread

Dudley v greta
    Washed out

Minmi v Dudley
    Firsts 5-1 Minmi
    Dudley actually led this game 1-0 until about 40 minutes when minmi were awarded a penalty that was extremely close to being outside the box. Minmi sprinted away will the game in the second half. A second penalty made it 5 in the end.
    Reserves Minmi 6-1
    Again was a close game at 2-1 into the second half. Until minmi put their foot down to run away with the result.

You’re the heart and sole of zl3 (forum) anfield

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    You’re the heart and sole of zl3 (forum) anfield
    I guess someone has to post something and I reckon you should post win, loose or draw. Unfortunately for us the last year and a half has been more losses then wins.
    I think every team should post results. Football matters is also there, between the two you can find out most results.

Charlestown vs minmi catchup results
    Reserve grade
    Charlestown 1- Minmi 5
    First grade
    Charlestown 2- Minmi 3
    Big night for us managing to scrape through with 3 points. Goodluck to Charlestown player with shoulder injury taken away in an ambulance 20 minutes in.

Catch up Wednesday night.
    Dudley v greta
    Firsts 3-0 greta
    Greta started well jumping to a 2-0 lead after 15 minutes. Scoreline didn't reflect game with Dudley creating more chance then greta. Unfortunately we just couldn't score.
    Reserves
    Greta 3-2
    Greta were the better team and deserved their win.

Mayfield vs Minmi
    Reserve grade 1-2 Minmi
    First grade 2-1 mayfield

Minmi vs Kurri resunts from tonight
    Ressies 5-1
    Firsts 6-2

Minmi vs Maitland results
    Ressies 4-0
    Firsts 5-0

Kurri v Dudley
    Firsts 9-0 kurri
    Reserves 3-2 Dudley

Another bad day out for Dudley. Squad is very skinny numbers wise atm, 3 late withdrawals from first grade squad made it hard to be competitive. But credit to kurri, their forward line is one of the best in the competition.

So what catchup games are left to be played? We play Charlestown as our last reschedule game on the 14th August. It’s been a busy couple of weeks

You guys were our last catch up game. Saturday just gone made it 6 games in 3 weeks for us with catch ups.

West wallsend v Dudley
    First grade 2-1 westy
    Very close game, Dudley led 1-0 into the second half until westy scored two quick goals to secure the win.
    Reserves
    Westy 5-2, Plenty of chances for both teams. Westy too clinical, deserved their win.

For Dudley, excellent rebound from flogging on weekend at kurri. Considering we had 14 player's unavailable last night, it was a huge task fielding two grades with quite a few backing up.
    Something that didn't go unnoticed was the good sportsmanship of the west wallsend coach who even towards the end of the game made sure the game continued to flow by making sure match balls were available. Even chasing some balls for our own guy's, considering his team were in front. Thanks, It didn't go unnoticed and something that is too rare in our game, that is good sportsmanship.

Another midweek catch up
    Dudley v greta
    Firsts 3-0 greta, good solid game. Greta scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes to secure the win.
    Reserves 8-2 Greta, Hard game for our guys with 10+ player's out again for the third game running. What makes it more difficult was Greta starting their best 2 first grade players in attack. I guess it's that time of the year when teams get desperate.

West wallsend v Dudley
    Firsts 5-1 westy
    Reserves 6-0 westy

Only one more week for Dudley in both grades, long season....

Minmi vs Kurri results
    Ressies- 2-1
    Firsts- 2-0
    Kurri played well in both games without very many players available

Charlestown vs Minmi catchup results
    Ressies minmi 4-0
    Firsts minmi 4-3
    Charlestown up 2-1 at half time from memory and we got the winner in the last 5 minutes.

Big game for spectators saturday westy vs charlestown fighting for 4th place!

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Charlestown vs Minmi catchup results
    Ressies minmi 4-0
    Firsts minmi 4-3
    Charlestown up 2-1 at half time from memory and we got the winner in the last 5 minutes.

Big game for spectators saturday westy vs charlestown fighting for 4th place!
    I guess alot will depend on how Charlestown pull up from midweek game?
    For mine the big suprise of the season is no Kurri in the finals, early on I thought they were specials to finish top 4. Very long season, consistently over a season probably proved their downfall?

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I guess alot will depend on how Charlestown pull up from midweek game?
    For mine the big suprise of the season is no Kurri in the finals, early on I thought they were specials to finish top 4. Very long season, consistently over a season probably proved their downfall?
    Going off how sore i am today i would say they arent going to be the best it was a scrap of a game.
    Last week they were really short on numbers which can make consistency difficult acrosss 3 rounds, and the team we played was fairly different across the 3 games

We are very disappointed that we didn’t make the finals this year. But can say the competition is a lot better this year then it was back in 2015 when we were last in it. Our down fall came playing 6 games in 3 weeks and the accumulation of cards by the time we played last week we had 4-5 players suspended from to many yellows cards and injuries as well which left us with 19 for the day. No excuses though every team had the same type of runs the last few weeks.
    Congratulations to Minmi best team all year and played decent football. Best of luck to all teams playing in the finals.