Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Zone League 3 thread

I think it's fair to suggest Greta as favourites, their pre season form has been excellent.
    Westy will be contenders.
    Im not going to predict positions on any of the rest. There are too many unknowns.
    It will be interesting to see where Mayfield end up? Back in the competition this year after several years off struggling. A good FFA cup result against Bolwarra is promising for them.
    But this year will be a very competitive year and nothing will surprise me on where everyone finishes.

Early points will definitely be important with a 3 round comp, so it will be very interesting to see how the first few games play out

Minmi vs mayfield results:

Ressies Minmi 2-0
    Firsts Minmi 1 (P)-0

Kurri vs Westy

Ressies Westy 1-0
    Firsts Kurri 5-4

Greta 7, Maitland 0. Shit! The new Azzuri emerging? Other results.....

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Greta 7, Maitland 0. Shit! The new Azzuri emerging? Other results.....
    Sorry, Kerri and Minmi also winners. Dudley v Charlie?

Tips for the week:
    Greta 4-0
    Draw 1-1
    Kurri 3-1
    Minmi 3-0

Hi everyone, I know it’s a little late but I’m looking for a new club to join this season. If any clubs are in desperate need of a CB lemme know as I am able to register and start training this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajdeee View Post
    Hi everyone, I know it’s a little late but I’m looking for a new club to join this season. If any clubs are in desperate need of a CB lemme know as I am able to register and start training this week.
    Dudley zl3 would be keen, just sent you a msg

Any scores from today,
    Westy v greta
    Mayfield v Charlestown

I guess most will be interested in greta v west wallsend game, west wallsend were very good in both grades last year. So should indicate how good greta are?
    Other game will be interesting too, I thought we (Dudley) were very poor vs charlestown, but to charlestown's credit they were pretty good. Very committed

Apparently greta westy ended 3-all, and charlestown beat mayfield 2-1

Maitland vs Minmi
    Ressies 1-6
    Firsts 0-11

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Maitland vs Minmi
    Ressies 1-6
    Firsts 0-11
    I wonder if Cunning Stunts still thinks Minmi will finish 6th after that performanve?

Kurri v Dudley
    Firsts 5-0 kurri
    Close game for 70-75 minutes, kurri scoring 3 late goals to really push result home.
    Reserves 2-1 kurri
    Close game, not too many chances. Dudley should have got at least a point out of this one.

Overall kurri is a tough place to play. Well run club and good support, I don't know why they haven't had a zone league team for a few years. Great facilities off the field, It would be great if the local council spent some money on the field as it doesn't match the facilities. Hard, bumpy ground. Not great for football

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post

Overall kurri is a tough place to play. Well run club and good support, I don't know why they haven't had a zone league team for a few years. Great facilities off the field, It would be great if the local council spent some money on the field as it doesn't match the facilities. Hard, bumpy ground. Not great for football
    They essentially have NewFM-standard facilities. Fully fenced, lights, grandstand, brand new change facilities. Their training pitches across the road are better than most match fields in any of the Zone Leagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

We haven’t been in zone league for last 3 seasons due to not a having a committee with the old senior soccer club. This year we thought would be a good year to give it another go and join with the junior club as they would of had 5 all age teams this year. As for the pitch it’s always been horrible lol it’s hard to do anything with it as we don’t get access to it until
    A few weeks before the season due to little athletics. Come football season it has a team either playing or training on it everyday of the week. It’s something we will be working on though as ilike you said doesn’t match the great facilities we now have.

Maitland's pitch and sheds would be up there for the best in the leagues. Not one bobble or weed after being returfed, makes it very easy to play good football, and probably the biggest away shed ive seen yet

Dudley v Mayfield
    First grade Dudley 3-1
    Reserves Mayfield 4-1

Tips for the week:
    Westy v Charlestown- Draw
    Greta v Minmi- Minmi
    Mayfield v Kurri- Kurri
    Maitland v Dudley- Dudley

Dudley v west wallsend
    First grade- westy 1-0
    Even game for 55-60 minutes, Westy finished stronger and deserved their win.
    Reserve
    2-1 Dudley
    Westy the better team for 60 minutes, couldn't kill the game off at 1-0. Dudley scored 2 goals in the final 10 minutes to snatch the points.