Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 15 | Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners | Wed 23rd Jan 2019 1950

That was terrible to watch. Just terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I hope Jackson goes out in town tonight and doesn't have to buy a single drink.

5 straight Derby wins people
    And here we were thinking you were backing off with the stats.

Build the statue now, as they say.

also, im sure youre all happy to join me in a big **** you to Nick Montgomery.

What a filthy gypo prick that bloke is.

**** him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Deadset big lolz at Connor Pain.
    Watch the replay of his 79th min cock up.
    Ball come to him off the woodwork, brings it down with his right thigh but does an Irish dance in the middle of it to bring it onto his left peg...just enuf milliseconds for Jacko to intervene.
    Btw, Moss is flapping flagless semaphore whilst all this is going on...from behind the line

Seriously, that last minute diving tackle by Jackson to block a Pain open goal was magnificent..
    A few of our last ditch defensive efforts last night were superb, however I'm trying to forget how they originated or even got in to that position in the first place.. The sooner Kanta is back, the better..

The rest of the game, not so great, but I'll take the ugly win..
    Excluding the one froth up when Clisby went through Georgie and Hoole came running in wanting to hug, it didn't feel like a derby at all..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Seriously, that last minute diving tackle by Jackson to block a Pain open goal was magnificent..
    A few of our last ditch defensive efforts last night were superb, however I'm trying to forget how they originated or even got in to that position in the first place.. The sooner Kanta is back, the better..

The rest of the game, not so great, but I'll take the ugly win..
    Excluding the one froth up when Clisby went through Georgie and Hoole came running in wanting to hug, it didn't feel like a derby at all..
    Can you imagine what would have happened if that was Boogaard ??

Being we only now 8 points from 6th spot I am pretty confident we can run down not only Pissants and Wellington and be close to fighting it out with Melbourne Heart for 4th spot

From there the title will be ours thanks to VAR and refereeing incompetence

But most importantly 2 from 2 Champions of Europe AGAIN and lengthening our lead at the Top of the table

Can you imagine what would have happened if that was Boogaard ??

Being we only now 8 points from 6th spot I am pretty confident we can run down not only Pissants and Wellington and be close to fighting it out with Melbourne Heart for 4th spot

From there the title will be ours thanks to VAR and refereeing incompetence

But most importantly 2 from 2 Champions of Europe AGAIN and lengthening our lead at the Top of the table
    I'm not used to this new found Membah positivity.. hahaha
    Have a great time OS mate..

Jesus the drugs must be cheap where you are. I'd say gimme some, but I don't think I want to come across as deluded as this.

We're not making the 6.

The next few games against Nix, WSW and Adelaide will have a big influence over whether we are in the conversation or not.

A point in Perth will be a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Jesus the drugs must be cheap where you are. I'd say gimme some, but I don't think I want to come across as deluded as this.

We're not making the 6.
    The competition is so rubbish this year we could probably go on and win the whole thing. This has to be some of the worst football in A league history this year. So if we learn how to play even half not rubbish we could go on a 5 game run and we are in the 6. 36 points still available.

Making the 6 this year won't be down to us playing well, it will be down to others playing worse than us.

But also, we could easily go win the spoon. Meh, either way I'll probably be disappointed.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The competition is so rubbish this year we could probably go on and win the whole thing. This has to be some of the worst football in A league history this year. So if we learn how to play even half not rubbish we could go on a 5 game run and we are in the 6. 36 points still available.
    exactly.

Victory with Honda are the only 'good' team.
    If he is out, or they dont click back into gear when he comes back, then they are just another bunch of dudes.
    Sydney are garbage, but have had all the calls.
    Wellington are exciting, but playing semis away from home wont help.
    Perth will choke, Perth always choke.
    City will cock it up, City always cock it up.
    Adelaide can be red hot, but are inconsistent.
    We can beat anyone, and can lose to anyone.

That gives us just as good a chance as anyone.
    Wanderers, Gypos and Brisbane are trash.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Wanderers, Gypos and Mariners are the only ones who’s fate feels pretty set in stone at this point, all of them will finish below 7th place.

If we make the 6 I think it’ll be at the expense of Adelaide over Wellington, Wello are playing with better form atm and seem more likely to threaten in the final series

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Wanderers, Gypos and Mariners are the only ones who’s fate feels pretty set in stone at this point, all of them will finish below 7th place.

If we make the 6 I think it’ll be at the expense of Adelaide over Wellington, Wello are playing with better form atm and seem more likely to threaten in the final series
    Adelaide need to hold on to Goodwin. If he goes, that's a massive dent to their goal scoring capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

A simple observation here:
    - we only won games against the bottom 3
    - Adelaide and Nix haven't lost any games against the bottom 3.

If we don't start winning games against top teams now, we're done. That means beating Perth away, and so on.
    At the same time, we need to hope that either Adelaide or Nix will start losing points in easy games.
    I'm not very optimistic...

Wednesdays match was proof enough for me that we will not be playing finals football this season.

We don't counter / transition like we did in the past and that was pretty much what brought us success.

This season we haven't really set ourselves up to play the same way and the players essentially look lost.

Neither Jair or Shepherd have the attributes of a Nabbout or a McGree - they would not have made the starting team last season.

Mitch Austin I thought would bring us a lot more than he has in replacing Nabbout - but still looks a long way from showing what he's capable of.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-01-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Wednesdays match was proof enough for me that we will not be playing finals football this season.

We don't counter / transition like we did in the past and that was pretty much what brought us success.

This season we haven't really set ourselves up to play the same way and the players essentially look lost.

Neither Jair or Shepherd have the attributes of a Nabbout or a McGree - they would not have made the starting team last season.

Mitch Austin I thought would bring us a lot more than he has in replacing Nabbout - but still looks a long way from showing what he's capable of.
    Agree - a good thing was that our goal had that speed of last years transitions. But we don't do it enough now - the lack of speed is telling.

Banned
    Stale football. Trying hard without the belief looks obvious. They kicked us in the first 20 and we took it. Bk was the better keeper wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

The speed that Mitch Austin can provide is exactly what we are missing IMO. That two minute cameo in the first round should have been enough to convince Ernie to provide him more game time but like so much of Ernie's decisions this season they leave you scratching your head sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    The speed that Mitch Austin can provide is exactly what we are missing IMO. That two minute cameo in the first round should have been enough to convince Ernie to provide him more game time but like so much of Ernie's decisions this season they leave you scratching your head sometimes.
    Ernie no doubt realising Austin is a filthy gypo who was thrust upon us by the gypo CEO in order to further white ant us.

Ernie might just be a bit more woke than some of you blokes.

Many Gypos come here and and are rehabilitated. None go the other way and succeed.