Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 18 | Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix | Thu 7th Feb 2019 1950

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    MV have Toivonen, Sydney has Le Fondre. Both their goals to games are brilliant. And they are clinical. They only need half a chance. They are making their respective teams look better than they are.

Our main striker missed 8 weeks and wasn’t replaced appropriately.
    We don't have any money so we can't afford these types of players due to Mr Lee taking a massive financial hit to his business courtesy of Donald Trumps trade shenanigans.

Next season will be worse because we won't have the money to retain what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    We don't have any money so we can't afford these types of players due to Mr Lee taking a massive financial hit to his business courtesy of Donald Trumps trade shenanigans.

Next season will be worse because we won't have the money to retain what we have now.
    As dire as it all sounds, is there any chance/hope about any recruitment if we do manage to qualify for the ACL??
    I seem to remember yeeeeeears ago when we were last involved, that suddenly there were concessions for teams involved to sign special signings, it also helped attract people who wanted to be seen over in Asia.. (Milligan? Ljubo.. Donny.. Sasho.. Fab.. even bloody Ange Costanzo..)

I guess it all comes down to money, or our lack of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    As dire as it all sounds, is there any chance/hope about any recruitment if we do manage to qualify for the ACL??
    I seem to remember yeeeeeears ago when we were last involved, that suddenly there were concessions for teams involved to sign special signings, it also helped attract people who wanted to be seen over in Asia.. (Milligan? Ljubo.. Donny.. Sasho.. Fab.. even bloody Ange Costanzo..)

I guess it all comes down to money, or our lack of it?
    In their market Ledman have lost 31% of its value over the past 12 months.
    Hongli Zhihui Group Co. Ltd. one of their main competitors has lost almost 34% of its value.
    Kennede Electronics Mfg. Co. Ltd also a competitor has lost 50% of its value.

As far as the Jets are concerned it's only going to get worse. We have no money and it looks like there is little to no prospect of Ledman recovering to its former position.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-02-2019 at 10:14 AM.

only the jets could manage to lose out in an international trade war ffs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    only the jets could manage to lose out in an international trade war ffs
    Just got to ride it out anyway

Trumpy and the US economy is built on a house of cards

Gonna come crashing down soon

To be fair the shit started in 2016 so Trumps not fully responsible for the situation - it's more a case of him throwing fuel on the fire.
    Ledman aren't going bust but they are definitely playing it safe / consolidating.

#fakenews

Anyone who thinks they are rich because of the worth of their shares is a dope.

Trump didnt change any policy did he? Just made a threat, and a bunch of people shit their pants. If your business can be so easily manipulated by the words of an orange buffoon you have a house made of sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    #fakenews

Anyone who thinks they are rich because of the worth of their shares is a dope.

Trump didnt change any policy did he? Just made a threat, and a bunch of people shit their pants. If your business can be so easily manipulated by the words of an orange buffoon you have a house made of sticks.
    it's an exogenous variable. It has nothing to do with the structure of a company. Even it we are talking about a non-listed business the impact upon revenues is completely out of their control.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-02-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    it's an exogenous variable. It has nothing to do with the structure of a company. Even it we are talking about a non-listed business the impact upon revenues is completely out of their control.
    I was under the impression Lee had yet to lose a dollar in revenue due to the threat of tariffs

I heard the loss in value of his company via share price slump is what people were using to define his drop in wealth.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

I was under the impression Lee had yet to lose a dollar in revenue due to the threat of tariffs

I heard the loss in value of his company via share price slump is what people were using to define his drop in wealth.

Happy to be proven wrong though.
    Share price affects borrowing power. So the loss in share price means he has less money available to him. So yes, he has lost money that he had available a few years ago. Hence why he has lost wealth.

I'm fairly confident you completely understand this but are just being facetious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So yes, he has lost money that he had available a few years ago. Hence why he has lost wealth.
    'Available to him' is the key phrase and exactly what I'm talking about.

He can only get that money by selling shares ' IF' someone will pay that price.

The market has decided NOT to pay that price, hence he got richer and poorer without seeing any of that cash.

It's like Tinkler, the bloke went from nothing to billionaire then nothing and was lucky if he saw 1% of the actual money.

Everyone else made him rich, everyone else made him broke. What he did in between was believe that he was in control of it.

'Available to him' is the key phrase and exactly what I'm talking about.

He can only get that money by selling shares ' IF' someone will pay that price.

The market has decided NOT to pay that price, hence he got richer and poorer without seeing any of that cash.

It's like Tinkler, the bloke went from nothing to billionaire then nothing and was lucky if he saw 1% of the actual money.

Everyone else made him rich, everyone else made him broke. What he did in between was believe that he was in control of it.
    So what's that got to do with the Jets? You are correct, but we need to discuss the cash available to be spent on the Jets, which has been affected by the tariffs and the Ginger faced twat muffin's geriatric rants and rabbles.

So, whoever said it earlier (it may have been Bon) is correct that we have some big issues coming up. Dimi may get an offer to go O/S, Roy is getting towards the end of his prime, Uga may get an offer to go O/S, we have 40 yr old CBs who are on a steady decline.

Add to that an owner with no money for marquees, scouts and coaching staff and we will be signing rejects from East Melbourne Pride or Central Western Southern Sydney siders in a short while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Sales and net income have fallen at least 30% for Ledman. Investment spending has tanked as well.

They are doing ok but expectations have been revised downwards.

We won't be spending up on players next season.

can we interest Jack Ma in buying into the team at all then?? Martin could offer him a partnership...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Looks like the Jets are trying to go back to last season: in the last 2 games they have been letting the opposition dictate the game, trying to disrupt when the opportunity came. It worked very well with WSW, just because the conversion rate was good (+ 2 penalties, which is pretty rare).
    It was kind of working with the NIx too: 62% possession for the Nix at half time, 1-0 Jets.
    Only problem is, our conversion rate went back to awful: Roy, Vargas and Dimi missed at least 4 sitters (Roy and Vargas especially).
    Ronny's goal was nothing short of amazing: he should provide this sort of quality week in week out, unfortunately it's not happening. Apart from the goal, he did very little. I keep thinking this is not good enough for a marquee, won't make much difference if we can't afford him next season.

Re money: isn't the salary cap controlled by FFA, meaning they provide the $$$? If that's the case, Lee's financial problems should not affect players under the cap - the problem then is recruitment, which has been pretty poor this season - apart from Sheppard.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    can we interest Jack Ma in buying into the team at all then?? Martin could offer him a partnership...
    I'd rather see him bankroll Cooks Hill all the way up to an A-League licence.
    He has pretty strong connections to that club yeah?
    Hes pretty much already a Newyboy anyway innit?

Martin, you need to diversify your business. I'm nervous that almost all of your earnings relate to LED lighting.

I recommend bubble tea.