Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019/2020 Striking Options?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    We were lucky with Song - he needed access to a physical league as prep for Europe.

But we are never going to get a player of his quality again so cheap from Korea.
    disagree. we picked up a good young player for low money because we went looking in a technical league that doesnt pay huge amounts to its 'lesser known' players.

Leaky G was similar.

this bullshit about us them not being 'physical enough' to play over here is a cop out.
    they are plenty strong enough, and we have more than enough well 'ard plodders we can pick up from the NPL is we think we need reinforcements.

give me the skill player any day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Leaky G was similar.
    I still wish we had Lee Ki-Je for another season or two. I genuinely believe he was one of our best ever imports.

The only thing you have written wrong ever on this foz, plaguesey, is that it was the 07/08 final and not the 08/09 one.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

The only thing you have written wrong ever on this foz, plaguesey, is that it was the 07/08 final and not the 08/09 one.
    sorry, i always write down how long i was high for after the game.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

disagree. we picked up a good young player for low money because we went looking in a technical league that doesnt pay huge amounts to its 'lesser known' players.

Leaky G was similar.

this bullshit about us them not being 'physical enough' to play over here is a cop out.
    they are plenty strong enough, and we have more than enough well 'ard plodders we can pick up from the NPL is we think we need reinforcements.

Who said they weren't physical enough ? Certainly wasn't me.
    Song was very physical both on and off the ball.
    I think it was at Toukley / Budgewoi where he absolutely destroyed Hutcho and friends one morning in a pre season game.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-02-2019 at 01:08 PM.

sorry, i always write down how long i was high for after the game.
    Those of us that went hard enough don't recall an 08/09 ever happening. It's just this black hole, really.
    OK

Leaky G was similar.

Song's agent approached us not the other way around pretty ure
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Song's agent approached us not the other way around pretty ure
    so we got him because the agent said he was dope?

granted, im positive Middleby and GVE didnt go into the deepest darkest parts of indo-china to search the guy out.
    but his signing, at the time, was pretty left field for us. and it worked.

Suit after suit in this club loooooooved going on a 'scouting trip' to South America and look what that continually got us.
    this season especially (with the ACL 'campaign') was the perfect time for us to go get someone.

but we didnt.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh, and President Trump just announced that hes fixed the relationship between USA and China so Mr Lee is rich again so go get us some players damnit.

Maybe we should get President Trump to sign some players, bloke would do a fantastic job.
    Seems like I am WRONG

so we got him because the agent said he was dope?

granted, im positive Middleby and GVE didnt go into the deepest darkest parts of indo-china to search the guy out.
    but his signing, at the time, was pretty left field for us. and it worked.

Suit after suit in this club loooooooved going on a 'scouting trip' to South America and look what that continually got us.
    this season especially (with the ACL 'campaign') was the perfect time for us to go get someone.

but we didnt.
    Think his agent offered him to clubs down under so he could play in a physical league, Swear it was in the Championship Chronicles
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Think his agent offered him to clubs down under so he could play in a physical league, Swear it was in the Championship Chronicles
    Truth.

Not sure how we got Lee Ki-Je though ? Possibly we paid a shit load of coin ?

Bloke had played 57 games in the J-League before coming to the jets.

No injury history, and no run of weak clubs / loans in between.

He then left us to play for Ulsan and Suwon in the K1.

Yeah I def heard the whole 'toughen him up' angle when he signed.

We are also the club that signed Jardel, which was, however you look at it, the laziest piece of work they ever did.

Leaky G prob wasnt on big cash, that's my point. 2nd div players in Japan/Korea would def be in our price range esp considering what we would be paying Boogaard, George, Roy etc.

Yet theres just some clubs out there that only care about Scandos, Sth Americans (WAS ONCE A TEAMMATE OF MESSIS COUSIN) or journeymen from the UK lower leagues.

Jardel and Drovandi were signed off YouTube or last glory pretty much

Yeah I def heard the whole 'toughen him up' angle when he signed.

We are also the club that signed Jardel, which was, however you look at it, the laziest piece of work they ever did.

Leaky G prob wasnt on big cash, that's my point. 2nd div players in Japan/Korea would def be in our price range esp considering what we would be paying Boogaard, George, Roy etc.

Yet theres just some clubs out there that only care about Scandos, Sth Americans (WAS ONCE A TEAMMATE OF MESSIS COUSIN) or journeymen from the UK lower leagues.

Jardel was signed by Con - not the club - Remo knew sfa about it until he basically landed here.

leaky G was playing J-League - the top tier.

There are currently a few unsigned u23 CB's from big K1 clubs worth looking at and a CM or two as well.

This is the Jets though so it's unlikely they'd even bother.

I reckon we will sign Krishna, which is great.

Other than that there is only Keogh and Riera available from within the league. Riera won't suit us at all. Keogh is basically the exact same player as Roy but with a better record in the HAL.

Can we please trade Dimi to Victurds for Kosta?? They get a younger former player/former socceroo and we get a serial winner to play in front of George.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Imo Ernie and/or Lawrie need to decide what they want to team to be. Vargas is a fantastic footballer, but he doesn't suit a high energy and counterattacking style of play. If we want to build a team around him, we need more technically capable footballers, and work on playing possession football.

If we want to go back to playing the high octane stuff of last season, then it pains me to say but he should probably be let go. Dimi hasn't had a great season but he is more suited to playing the 10 role in that system. His workrate and drive to get forward and support attacks from deep is fantastic and our greatest period of success came with him there.

I don't think there's necessarily a "wrong" answer. But just cobbling together individual players and whacking them onto the field doesn't work. Will be very interested to see how contracts and recruitment are managed over the next offseason.

Jardel was signed by Con - not the club - Remo knew sfa about it until he basically landed here.

leaky G was playing J-League - the top tier.
    Yes I'm aware of both of the these things.

When I was referring to getting 2nd div players I was saying that they would be better than what we've got and prob on less cash.

Yet here we are signing Jackson, Shep etc to play a style that doesn't necessarily suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I reckon we will sign Krishna, which is great.

Other than that there is only Keogh and Riera available from within the league. Riera won't suit us at all. Keogh is basically the exact same player as Roy but with a better record in the HAL.

Can we please trade Dimi to Victurds for Kosta?? They get a younger former player/former socceroo and we get a serial winner to play in front of George.
    Kosta was on big money at Wellington and could only manage 5 goals in 25 appearances. Roy currently is getting hammered by fans on a daily basis and he's scored 6 goals already this season from 12 games.

Kosta has only had success at Roar and Victory where he's been surrounded by quality - at the Jets he'd be completely useless.

Yes I'm aware of both of the these things.

When I was referring to getting 2nd div players I was saying that they would be better than what we've got and prob on less cash.

Yet here we are signing Jackson, Shep etc to play a style that doesn't necessarily suit them.
    Limited Visa spots though so it's not really an option.

Limited Visa spots though so it's not really an option.
    i would accept this argument from the club if they maybe looked a little further afar for visa players than Ernies old squaddies.

there are way better players out there than Ridenton.
    esp when we have adequate cover in that spot anyway.

the club certainly doesnt make this easy on themselves thats for sure.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    The other thing with this neck of the woods if we can invest in someone for a few years and not just as a 1 year wonder I think we would see some results

Take most of SEAsia for example most players are gonna jump at 55k AUD in this over inflated wages league to come and live and play in Oz

Only thing is we would have to be as a club a bit more long term at seeing their intergration culturally into Oz life

But I tell you what their are plkenty of goid players in Vietnam Thailand etc who would jump to come here