Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 23 | Wellington Phoenix v Newcastle Jets | Sat 30 Mar 2019 1735

Ernie will be looking for a new job soon. No way can this shit continue unless Lee is unable to afford removing him.

The season is finishing in exactly the same manner as it started for those first 8 weeks, Totally half assed dysfunctional.

None of those clubs who always finish in and around the top three the likes of the Smurfs and Victory would have allowed the shit show that was us for the first 1/3 of the season. After a great season and plenty to build on both on and off the field Lawrie and co chose to roll the dice and the result is where we are. Management got what they deserve for there lack of planning for Roy's absence but unfortunately the supporters got screwed in the process.

No other club with fair dinkum aspirations to a top 3 or 4 spot would have pissed the first 8 weeks away like this club did.
    Last edited by 380; 30-03-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    The season is finishing in exactly the same manner as it started for those first 8 weeks, Totally half assed dysfunctional.

None of those clubs who always finish in and around the top three the likes of the Smurfs and Victory would have allowed the shit show that was us for the first 1/3 of the season. After a great season and plenty to build on both on and off the field Lawrie and co chose to roll the dice and the result is where we are. Management got what they deserve for there lack of planning for Roy's absence but unfortunately the supporters got screwed in the process.

No other club with fair dinkum aspirations to a top 3 or 4 spot would have pissed the first 8 weeks away like this club did.
    To be fair though we gonna piss the other 19 away too

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    To be fair though we gonna piss the other 19 away too

You are right but that mentality and approach the club had for the first 8 weeks where they thought they could cruise with stop gap measures was a piss take.

You plan properly for that almost first third of the season with a total of 24 points up for grabs and say you can snatch 8-12 points on offer and an even better bonus the prospect you jagged those points off clubs we have been chasing and hoping to jump to get in the top 6 and all of a sudden the season and our position on the ladder reflects where our ambition and proper planning based on last season efforts should have been.

Really sorry, but I missed this game.

First one I missed this season.....thank phark.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'd rather listen to Rammstein with Frodo than watch the Jets.
    Haha, love it Dunster.

I didn't watch the game other than a few 5 minute periods so can't comment about how honking we were, but....

We conceded a hat trick of goals to a 31 yr old David ****ing Williams. That is one of the most insulting things that could happen to a football team and I bet we not only deserved it, but won't do anything to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I agree Frodo

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Game over. Hattrick ffs?
    Match highlight? Seeing Jeterpool across the detch...
    My highlight too. Despite the result we went and had fun singing at the Churchill Pub until the wee hours.

Credit to the players, they came over and they looked emotionally wrecked. I was concerned they weren't coming over because Moss stood halfway between the halfway and 18 yard box and gave us a clap and salute then walked away. It was Boogaard that grabbed them all and led the way over to us.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    You are right but that mentality and approach the club had for the first 8 weeks where they thought they could cruise with stop gap measures was a piss take.

You plan properly for that almost first third of the season with a total of 24 points up for grabs and say you can snatch 8-12 points on offer and an even better bonus the prospect you jagged those points off clubs we have been chasing and hoping to jump to get in the top 6 and all of a sudden the season and our position on the ladder reflects where our ambition and proper planning based on last season efforts should have been.
    We were having a similar discussion yesterday. We gambled on getting by in the first 8 rounds (based heavily on getting further in the FFA cup too) but that fell over. Roy returns, and it turns out he isn't the saviour we thought he would be. Jair doesn't deliver and our confidence across the board starts to dimish.

We were playing catch up from far too early on.

The draw has been odd this year, but when we needed to take advantage of a run of home fixtures, we haven't. That's our fault.

It's the inability to step up when challenged this year that worries me. Oh, and how shit we've been at finishing. Our style turned into one of trying to hold the ball and break the opposition down from the very successful counter-attacking style.

We looked far better when Joey got on the field. Why is that? He is quick, he is skillfull and he is direct. His injury hurt us more than Roy's suspension which at the time I don't think may would have predicted. The kid needs to start the rest of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Just watched the highlights, lol.

Please Fold The Club Mr Lee and put us out of our misery. Buy us all a jet shaped hat each, fold the club and I'll love you forever.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Was the penalty call bullshit VAR again? It was hard to see at the stadium but it appeared first contact was outside the area. I certainly thought he went down outside the area.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

And you know what, I thought we did ok in the first half after the goal. We certainly had our chances.

Listening to Ernie post game, it is the first time he has admitted we aren't making the finals.

My highlight too. Despite the result we went and had fun singing at the Churchill Pub until the wee hours.

Credit to the players, they came over and they looked emotionally wrecked. I was concerned they weren't coming over because Moss stood halfway between the halfway and 18 yard box and gave us a clap and salute then walked away. It was Boogaard that grabbed them all and led the way over to us.

We were having a similar discussion yesterday. We gambled on getting by in the first 8 rounds (based heavily on getting further in the FFA cup too) but that fell over. Roy returns, and it turns out he isn't the saviour we thought he would be. Jair doesn't deliver and our confidence across the board starts to dimish.

We were playing catch up from far too early on.

The draw has been odd this year, but when we needed to take advantage of a run of home fixtures, we haven't. That's our fault.

It's the inability to step up when challenged this year that worries me. Oh, and how shit we've been at finishing. Our style turned into one of trying to hold the ball and break the opposition down from the very successful counter-attacking style.

We looked far better when Joey got on the field. Why is that? He is quick, he is skillfull and he is direct. His injury hurt us more than Roy's suspension which at the time I don't think may would have predicted. The kid needs to start the rest of the year.
    Well in boogs. The least we expect is thanking the fans

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'd rather listen to Rammstein with Frodo and Bon than watch the Jets.
    Fixed mate

Was the penalty call bullshit VAR again? It was hard to see at the stadium but it appeared first contact was outside the area. I certainly thought he went down outside the area.
    i didn't have a problem with the overturn, provided that VAR has camera angles not shown on the fox feed. I thought the ref was in a good position to see it, and therefore it couldn't be considered a clear and obvious error.

having said that, i thought it was in the box.

It was Boogaard that grabbed them all and led the way over to us.
    He did the same thing in Perth. Say what you want about the guy on the field but at least he gives a shit about the fans that put themselves through their performances every week.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    He did the same thing in Perth. Say what you want about the guy on the field but at least he gives a shit about the fans that put themselves through their performances every week.
    Boogs is finished and he has some mates, in an ideal world I would only keep 3 or 4, all the J's can go, Jackson, Johnny and Jair, Roy is a back up at best now as is Kanta, it was frustrating to watch only one bloke having a go and he is leaving the club !!

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Boogs is finished and he has some mates, in an ideal world I would only keep 3 or 4, all the J's can go, Jackson, Johnny and Jair, Roy is a back up at best now as is Kanta, it was frustrating to watch only one bloke having a go and he is leaving the club !!
    I think the level of change you are suggesting is rather ambitious for one off-season, particularly as we would need to replace them

Banned
    I think the level of change you are suggesting is rather ambitious for one off-season, particularly as we would need to replace them
    But there in lies our problem

Bert and Gypo CEO have tied us down to so many of these guys long term

The last 2 weeks Topor has been woeful just after we gave him a 2 years deal at 35 FFS

We gave Moss and Italiano new contracts. Are we unable to find a better keeper than these 2??

We resigned Boogaard for next season before a ball had been kicked this year
    Boogaard cost us 2.5 goals on Saturday
    The pen he needlessly gave away the tap in he spurned from 4 yards and he was involved with the 30 seconds in **** up
    Says plenty that in a must win game the manager hooked our captain to chase the game

So our 2 CDs and GK are old guys

That an area we actually need some improvements in and we already locked them in for next year FFS