Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 24 | Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney | Sat 6th Apr 2019 1735

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I wonder if Roy will have Australian citizenship by then.....
    Good point but I agree with others in hoping a new signing takes his spot up front. Someone younger and more of a all-round striker. Spend ronnys wage (if ledman still supplying a marquee) up front

I'm waiting to see how Roy looks with some speed around him. If Champness starts I reckon we will see a different Roy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Does roy have even a fifth of the talent of suarez?
    The point is you said you wouldn't sign Roy because of his age and temperament Stanny. Why not just say you wouldn't sign him because you don't think he's talented enough ?

I'm waiting to see how Roy looks with some speed around him. If Champness starts I reckon we will see a different Roy.
    I agree..
    Everyone seems to be blaming his lack of form on missing the first 8 weeks, which I am sure wasn't ideal, BUT I think its just not having the sort of speed around him that he had in Joey and particularly Nabs..

I wonder if Roy will have Australian citizenship by then.....
    Shouldn't even be part of the equation. Either he still has what we need or he doesn't and somehow hoping for Aust citizenship so he can be some second string choice for striker kinda reaffirms what some are saying here about whether he is travelling good enough to remain here.

If Roy is not going well enough to be first choice then it is thanks for coming time for him. My concern is his close relationship to our Gypo CEO could cloud the judgement of those making the decisions. Just my two bobs worth.
    Last edited by 380; 04-04-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Shouldn't even be part of the equation. Either he still has what we need or he doesn't.
    I respectfully disagree. The depth of quality attacking players in Australia has greatly diminished. Players who score 1 in 2 and aren't counted as a Visa player are a commodity in this league.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 04-04-2019 at 09:43 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    I respectfully disagree. The depth of quality attacking players in Australia has greatly diminished. Players who score 1 in 2 and aren't counted as a Visa player are a commodity in this league.
    That is though just a cop out

There is no reason why we can't find a good foreign striker going forward

As for Roy his stats are surprising
    Watch him.live and he isn't effective at all

Most games he is anonymous other than his goals
    Problem is his goals aren't important goals

To me we have got to draw a line in the sand here and say we need better

for all the lack of form and bulshit discipline problems, we are more than happy to continually let Roy off with a myriad of excuses AND continue to pay him good money.

yet, man oh man we were all quick to chuck someone like Kale Bradbury on the rubbish pile. If Bradbury even had 10% of the opportunities Roy has had would he have been more productive? especially as value for money. Hard to argue against considering Roys poor contribution to this club.

Its almost as if management across this sport have a preconceived idea on Australian talent vs "imports".
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

That is though just a cop out

There is no reason why we can't find a good foreign striker going forward

As for Roy his stats are surprising
    Watch him.live and he isn't effective at all

Most games he is anonymous other than his goals
    Problem is his goals aren't important goals

To me we have got to draw a line in the sand here and say we need better
    Think it a cop out if you like, but that's the rules we work with in Australia and have to be considered in any decision.

With respect to the important goals point, his telling contributions this season have been:

* Scored equalising goal in Rd 10 v Adelaide before Goodwin penalty resulted in 2-1 loss. (+1 lost)
    * Scored go-ahead goal in Rd 12 v Brisbane before 87th minute Bautheac equaliser (+2 lost)
    * Scored opening goal Rd 11 v City, which we went on to lose 2-1 (+3 points)
    * Assist for Sheppard in the 1-0 win over CCM rd 15 - (Actual 3 points gained)
    * Missed penalty Rd 22 that could have earned a point (-1 point)

Had the team defended better we could be 5 points better off thanks to his contributions on the scoreboard.

I'm currently on the fence about re-signing him. I want to see how he performs in the last 4 weeks. I don't disagree he has been disappointing and he certainly isn't as involved as I would like but I think that's down equally to himself as well as the team set up and approach..

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    for all the lack of form and bulshit discipline problems, we are more than happy to continually let Roy off with a myriad of excuses AND continue to pay him good money.

yet, man oh man we were all quick to chuck someone like Kale Bradbury on the rubbish pile. If Bradbury even had 10% of the opportunities Roy has had would he have been more productive? especially as value for money. Hard to argue against considering Roys poor contribution to this club.

Its almost as if management across this sport have a preconceived idea on Australian talent vs "imports".
    The case of Kale Bradbury is an interesting one that I think will live on for years to come.

And yes, Roy's "availability" for the club has been a very poor component of his time at Newcastle.

The case of Kale Bradbury is an interesting one that I think will live on for years to come.

And yes, Roy's "availability" for the club has been a very poor component of his time at Newcastle.
    Can one of you internet nerdz put a poll up to see who everyone thinks has been our 2nd best ever striker?

Who's on the list, Roy, Nobby, Labi, Tags, Bridges (bhahahaha ****ing Bridges).

Let's gooooooooo

Can one of you internet nerdz put a poll up to see who everyone thinks has been our 2nd best ever striker?

Let's gooooooooo
    I'll put a vote on the Jetstream Facebook.

Voting options: - Nabbout, Taggart, O'Donovan, Haliti, Brockie, Heskey, Coveny, Trifunovic, Petrovski

Sound good?

Voting options: - Nabbout, Taggart, O'Donovan, Haliti, Brockie, Heskey, Coveny, Trifunovic, Petrovski

Sound good?
    Facebook? The hell is that?
    Let me know the results.

Also, give the address of the first moron who writes "why isn't Joel Griffiths on there".

Deal

Sound good?
    Where's Rooney and Jesic?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Let's gooooooooo
    Stephen Laybutt. Only made one appearance in the role and never scored - but fmd he looked the business.

/thread
    Last edited by The Dunster; 04-04-2019 at 12:43 PM.

No room for Scott Tunbridge or Zheng shuo

Banned
    Think it a cop out if you like, but that's the rules we work with in Australia and have to be considered in any decision.

With respect to the important goals point, his telling contributions this season have been:

* Scored equalising goal in Rd 10 v Adelaide before Goodwin penalty resulted in 2-1 loss. (+1 lost)
    * Scored go-ahead goal in Rd 12 v Brisbane before 87th minute Bautheac equaliser (+2 lost)
    * Scored opening goal Rd 11 v City, which we went on to lose 2-1 (+3 points)
    * Assist for Sheppard in the 1-0 win over CCM rd 15 - (Actual 3 points gained)
    * Missed penalty Rd 22 that could have earned a point (-1 point)

Had the team defended better we could be 5 points better off thanks to his contributions on the scoreboard.

I'm currently on the fence about re-signing him. I want to see how he performs in the last 4 weeks. I don't disagree he has been disappointing and he certainly isn't as involved as I would like but I think that's down equally to himself as well as the team set up and approach..
    He is also paid to score goals so you can't say he would have earned more points if we defended better without the same argument being we hold him accountable for every miss he makes

So from memory he smashed one into the post v Nix at home costing us 2 points
    He butchered 1 v Roar at home when we were 2-1 up which would have sealed us the win costing us 2 points

So there another 4 points he has cost us
    Could go on all day dissecting every chance he has missed but let's just say Dimi has cost us every dropped point this season if he converted his shots to goals we be 23 from 23 at the moment and be ordering our GF tickets by now

Reality is the bloke is a mid level plodder

If we want to fight for 7th next season then we give him a new deal. If we want more we say thanks for your efforts and sign someone else

We sit here acknowledging the club's failings off the park with recruitment this season have led to our non finals position and instead of making active steps to address our limitations we are trying to repeat them again

Same old Newy really

He is also paid to score goals so you can't say he would have earned more points if we defended better without the same argument being we hold him accountable for every miss he makes

So from memory he smashed one into the post v Nix at home costing us 2 points
    He butchered 1 v Roar at home when we were 2-1 up which would have sealed us the win costing us 2 points

So there another 4 points he has cost us
    Could go on all day dissecting every chance he has missed but let's just say Dimi has cost us every dropped point this season if he converted his shots to goals we be 23 from 23 at the moment and be ordering our GF tickets by now

Reality is the bloke is a mid level plodder

If we want to fight for 7th next season then we give him a new deal. If we want more we say thanks for your efforts and sign someone else

We sit here acknowledging the club's failings off the park with recruitment this season have led to our non finals position and instead of making active steps to address our limitations we are trying to repeat them again

Same old Newy really
    Currently disagree but that's because I haven't made up my mind

Soo much for Ernie playing some youth. Pretty much the same players who havent performed to make the finals
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight