Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18/19 HAL Round 25 | Perth Glory v Newcastle Jets | Sun 14th Apr 2019 1900

Hey guys, chin up. We are still a mathematical chance of finishing 7th.
    Let's get behind the boys in their quest for utter irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hey guys, chin up. We are still a mathematical chance of finishing 7th.
    Let's get behind the boys in their quest for utter irrelevance.
    This is something I can get behind. Can we get "forever 7th" shirts for next year? Will tide me over whilst I wait for my hat to arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This is something I can get behind. Can we get "forever 7th" shirts for next year? Will tide me over whilst I wait for my hat to arrive.
    1.FA/18's are getting phased out.
    2.Replace the Jets logo with a Boeing 777.
    3.??????
    4.Profit.

oi Gypo CEO, ill give you that bit of geenyus for free.
    Next one will cost you.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Why did Jackson replace Vujica and why didnt Thurgate get another run. Explain yourself Mr Merrick

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Why did Jackson replace Vujica and why didnt Thurgate get another run. Explain yourself Mr Merrick
    I don't think he's on the forum mate. He is too busy in the mirror practicing his smile during the week. GVE is on here somewhere, if that helps?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Because Vujica was ****ing shit

He cost us the goal by being sound asleep and slow

He got carved up several times for speed

Jackson is a honking full back but he a better option than Vujica is

Because Vujica was ****ing shit

He cost us the goal by being sound asleep and slow

He got carved up several times for speed

Jackson is a honking full back but he a better option than Vujica is
    At least someone decided to play the Jets drinking game tonight.

For reference tomorrow when you sober up.

Vujica was subbed because he got tired. He got tired because he didn't get a single iota of help defensively and did more work in attack than Dimi and Ridenton combined.

He got beaten on the goal because Franjic timed his run well. Yes, a more experienced defender would have gambled on him making the run and dropped off earlier, but he was told the hold the offside line and did as told. He's a young kid and did better than Johnny K who struggled again. Hopefully both of them will improve over the off season. Cause George is gone, Hoff is an attacker again and we don't have any money/skill go find replacements.

Banned

Vujica was subbed because he got tired. He got tired because he didn't get a single iota of help defensively and did more work in attack than Dimi and Ridenton combined.

He got beaten on the goal because Franjic timed his run well. Yes, a more experienced defender would have gambled on him making the run and dropped off earlier, but he was told the hold the offside line and did as told. He's a young kid and did better than Johnny K who struggled again. Hopefully both of them will improve over the off season. Cause George is gone, Hoff is an attacker again and we don't have any money/skill go find replacements.
    If you thought Vujica had a good game you played the Jets drinking game
    Besides the goal he was sound asleep letting Chianese keep a ball in that Vujica gave up on. He then let the bloke nutmeg him. He the let the bloke get to the ball despite having a few yards head start over 10/12 yards and he also had body position to hold him off as well but ****ed that up to allowing Chianese to cut the ball back to create a shot that luckily Castro spurned
    There was also a time in the second half when unmarked he kicked it out for a corner when even Boogaard hoofs it to towards the sideline at Half Way. This wasn't a shank either he chose to play it there needlessly putting his team under pressure

Me I have had a combined total of zero alcoholic drinks in the last 69 days so I can see shit pretty clearly
    Vujica was pants. Jackson offers **** all as an attacking outlet at full back but he defensively is not the worst in the role

Boogaard was his usual bag of shite anytime he had to deal with Keogh he was crap Topor had a solid game
    Johnny K got carved up all second half mainly because Dimi stopped tracking Davidson completely

The area that really killed us was our midfield
    Kanta had **** all help from Ugarkovic again
    Ridenton has work to do in his defensive game period

Perth kept 3 CDs and Reddy back all game
    They were marking Roy

So explain how the other 7 Perth players outnumbered our remaining 9 outfield players that seen a possession differential of nearly 2/1 against us??

Questions have to be asked of Bert as nothing ****ing changed

This

Matty Millar will play RB so Johnny K can go back to midfield

What bothered me last night was how passive everyone was around the ball. We seemed scared to step into the ball. We dawdled. Showed little to no aggression. We waited for the ball to come to us but Perth kept nicking in and taking it ahead of us.

Ridenton didn't want to take ownership of the ball and it was doing my head in.

This thumping it long shit is doing my head in. Until we learn to keep it and play our way out of trouble we will continue to have this issue. Perth looked great and were able to keep it on the ground. We treat the ball with such disrespect and happily turn it over to the opposition. Can't score if you don't have it.

3. Moss
    2. Ugarkovic - only one looking to drive forward from midfield.
    1. Boogaard

Also, VAR calls were right but still **** the system off - hate it.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 15-04-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Beaten 1-0 away from home against the best team in the competition. Considering the players we have I think it's a better result than most would have expected.
    I mean to suggest we should draw or even win against Perth away from home is a bit of a stretch.

We are not a side that can win a comp and the sooner people adjust their expectations to meet this reality the better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Beaten 1-0 away from home against the best team in the competition. Considering the players we have I think it's a better result than most would have expected.
    I mean to suggest we should draw or even win against Perth away from home is a bit of a stretch.

We are not a side that can win a comp and the sooner people adjust their expectations to meet this reality the better.
    I expected a heavier defeat, yes. However the scoreline flatters us as Moss was the difference between 1 and 4.

It's not the result that has me annoyed, more the manner of the defeat.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I expected a heavier defeat, yes. However the scoreline flatters us as Moss was the difference between 1 and 4.

It's not the result that has me annoyed, more the manner of the defeat.
    Bigger issue. Ernie will big em up saying they played well and were unlucky as he has all season and its had a negative effect

Banned
    Bigger issue. Ernie will big em up saying they played well and were unlucky as he has all season and its had a negative effect
    There were moments we played well

The first half defensively we were pretty good for 98% of the half

The second half was abysmal and we didn't get to grips with Perth approach at all and we didn't change much to try and counter their tactics
    Hell we didn't even have much of a spell where we had a bit of forward momentum in that half

Also, VAR calls were right but still **** the system off - hate it.
    Yep - the point isn't whether the decision is right.

The fact is that jumping up, celebrating, yelling out "Roy", running outside and dragging the family bandwagoners in saying "I told you so" goes pretty flat when the score has reset to zero, you look an idiot and the family calls the funny farm.

"He scored - he really did!"

"I know he did honey, I know......"

I lost a good deal of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

The fact is that jumping up, celebrating, yelling out "Roy", running outside and dragging the family bandwagoners in saying "I told you so" goes pretty flat when the score has reset to zero, you look an idiot and the family calls the funny farm.

I understand what you are saying..
    There is no goal now that I feel I can celebrate immediately and properly.. Every time now, you get that instant joy, then the pang of "oh wait there.. here it comes.. here comes VAR to fvck it up"..

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

That was you outside my house last night?

Cool cool.