Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FFA Cup

Valo 3-1 Kahibah
    Maitland 5-1 boambee
    Olympic 4-1 Bangalow
    Edgy 1-1 magic ( edgy 2-1 AET)

FT: Valo 8 - 1 Kahibah

Score really not a fair indication of the game. Valo up 2-0 in the first 5 minutes, but was 2-1 most of the game. Looked like Kahibah would get an equaliser, but Valo ran away with it in the last 20 minutes scoring 6 goals in that time. Kahibah just ran out of legs.

Other scores:

Maitland 7 - 2 Boambee
    Hamilton Olympic 10 - 1 Bangalow
    Last edited by evolution; 08-06-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Banned
    edgy 4-0 Broadmeadow

Next Round
    Maitland v Olympic
    Valentine v Edgeworth

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    Next Round
    Maitland v Olympic
    Valentine v Edgeworth
    When are these games played?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    When are these games played?
    Tuesday and Wednesday night. Tuesday at Maitland.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    Tuesday and Wednesday night. Tuesday at Maitland.
    Cheers

Maitland/Olympic 7.30pm Tuesday @ Maitland
    Valentine/ Edgy 7.30pm Wed @ Speers point

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    FT: Valo 8 - 1 Kahibah

Score really not a fair indication of the game. Valo up 2-0 in the first 5 minutes, but was 2-1 most of the game. Looked like Kahibah would get an equaliser, but Valo ran away with it in the last 20 minutes scoring 6 goals in that time. Kahibah just ran out of legs.

Other scores:

Maitland 7 - 2 Boambee
    Hamilton Olympic 10 - 1 Bangalow
    Valo result shows a massive gulf from NPL to League one and before anyone questions that, have a think about it.

Will be heading out to watch Maitland v Olympic tonight. Should be a pretty good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Valo result shows a massive gulf from NPL to League one and before anyone questions that, have a think about it.
    NPL vs NL1 this FFA Cup

*I could be missing some results

Valentine 4 - 0 Toronto
    Charlestown 7 - 0 Belmont Swansea
    Broadmeadow 2 - 1 South Cardiff
    Lake Macquarie 1 - 2 Cessnock
    Weston 4 - 1 Cooks Hill
    Edgeworth 2 - 0 West Wallsend
    Adamstown 0 - 3 Kahibah
    Edgeworth 2 - 0 New Lambton
    Valentine 8 - 1 Kahibah

Pretty mixed results between blowouts, close games & upsets

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    What a goose. The gap is getting smaller and smaller, there is plenty of evidence to prove it. If you watched the Valentine game for the majority of the time you would have thought Kahibah were the NPL team, and there not even a good NL1 team.
    The difference in player budgets is the only massive gulf. There are 2 pretty recent NL1 clubs playing for the final 32 spot in the FFA cup. Just add a bit of depth and all the top NL1 clubs would be competitive NPL teams

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    What a goose. The gap is getting smaller and smaller, there is plenty of evidence to prove it. If you watched the Valentine game for the majority of the time you would have thought Kahibah were the NPL team, and there not even a good NL1 team.
    The difference in player budgets is the only massive gulf. There are 2 pretty recent NL1 clubs playing for the final 32 spot in the FFA cup. Just add a bit of depth and all the top NL1 clubs would be competitive NPL teams
    8-1 is a pretty significant gap
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Will be heading out to watch Maitland v Olympic tonight. Should be a pretty good game.
    Live 3 blocks away...snugly watching Bar TV.

Slack I know.

Might just have to go to the next one!

FT: 2-1 Maitland (1-0 Olympic at HT)

It was a great game. Hamilton scored early and looked dominant for most of the opening half.
    2nd half and Maitland started to win the midfield challenges, got it to 1-1 and for the most part were the better team.

Pretty high standard of football in somewhat slippery and cold conditions.

Many of the challenges and overall competitiveness of both sides reminded me of why football is such a great game. Both sides played hard but there was a lot of creativity in it as well.

These blokes tonight from both sides showed a level of passion many A-League players lost a long time ago.

Would have been nice to watch from home in front of the fire - but the missus likes attending games so... well you know how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It was a great game. Hamilton scored early and looked dominant for most of the opening half.
    2nd half and Maitland started to win the midfield challenges, got it to 1-1 and for the most part were the better team.

Pretty high standard of football in somewhat slippery and cold conditions.

Many of the challenges and overall competitiveness of both sides reminded me of why football is such a great game. Both sides played hard but there was a lot of creativity in it as well.

These blokes tonight from both sides showed a level of passion many A-League players lost a long time ago.

Would have been nice to watch from home in front of the fire - but the missus likes attending games so... well you know how it is.
    I concur, it was a very good game

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I concur, it was a very good game
    How fast was it , great game from both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    How fast was it , great game from both sides
    First game I've been to this season so hard for me to say but Hamilton definitely had the run of the first half. Maitland started rather poorly but came into towards the end of the first half. There was a rather poor diving 2 footed challenge by James Thompson (I think) that would of been a straight red had he made more contact and one could argue probably would of been anyway if it happened in the a-league.
    I thought Hamilton were the more skillful throughout and probably lacked that dominant central striker to finish off the very attractive lead-up play. In saying that Maitland bombed at least 3 must score situations.
    Despite being a Maitland boy, ive really struggled to enjoy watching them play in recent seasons due to the style of play but I didn't mind what I saw in the second half last night.