Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: 2019 Women's World Cup

  1. #21
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,740
    They're ripping into Ante....hmmm.

  2. #22
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,322
    Frauds..
    Gypo out.
    Other gypo out too.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,740
    Officiating is abysmal. May as well have A-League refs. Two "unexpected ball " pens shows where we are headed.

  4. #24
    That high line Milicic is trying to implement is atrocious.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    339
    If they bomb out in the group stage surely some people from the ffa need to be held accountable (yeah I know, never going to happen). To have a team playing world class level then fire the coach for no reason and fail at a world cup they had at least semi final capabilities at is beyond a joke. Cant believe Gallop and co have managed to screw up our best chance of world cup glory. Stajic must be sitting at home distraught as everything he created is being destroyed by recent results (plus the realisation he is the scum coach). Heres hoping they can turn it around vs Brazil.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    If they bomb out in the group stage surely some people from the ffa need to be held accountable (yeah I know, never going to happen). To have a team playing world class level then fire the coach for no reason and fail at a world cup they had at least semi final capabilities at is beyond a joke. Cant believe Gallop and co have managed to screw up our best chance of world cup glory. Stajic must be sitting at home distraught as everything he created is being destroyed by recent results (plus the realisation he is the scum coach). Heres hoping they can turn it around vs Brazil.
    This was always destined to end in disaster. Staj shafted by a woman with a score to settle with the help of some close friends and like minded persuaded people who all stood to gain by a change of coach, a change for a buddy of theirs prob more sympathetic to camp requests. Those individuals and FFA completely underestimated the public outcry this all brought about hence the close friend of the now in hiding board member did not get the job and Milicic was appointed.

    You are correct heads should roll at FFA and those " close " players who were in on it in a " small " way , a board member and anybody else at FFA who worst of all turned a blind eye and let this shit happen til it became an out of control train wreck.

    But anyways what would we know, Lucy Zelic, Garb and Tara know it all and if only we knew what the do eh LOL. Someone should tell those three individuals and there employers to never refer to them as journalists and just presenters.

    This whole episode epitomizes everything the FFA represents, a complete incompetent cluster root. The HAL will be dead and buried in 5 years through poor attendances and marketability resulting in less revenue through corporate partners/sponsorship and broadcasting. There is no money from a product people are no longer interested in.

    The window to piss these incompetent officials off and turn things around is closing fast.
    Last edited by 380; 10-06-2019 at 12:51 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,494
    Politics aside, this is going to be a massive disappointment for the girls if they don’t get out of the group.
    High hopes and they had genuinely been playing really well. I’m looking forward to the Brazil game. They need a win there.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    This was always destined to end in disaster. Staj shafted by a woman with a score to settle with the help of some close friends and like minded persuaded people who all stood to gain by a change of coach, a change for a buddy of theirs prob more sympathetic to camp requests. Those individuals and FFA completely underestimated the public outcry this all brought about hence the close friend of the now in hiding board member did not get the job and Milicic was appointed.

    You are correct heads should roll at FFA and those " close " players who were in on it in a " small " way , a board member and anybody else at FFA who worst of all turned a blind eye and let this shit happen til it became an out of control train wreck.

    But anyways what would we know, Lucy Zelic, Garb and Tara know it all and if only we knew what the do eh LOL. Someone should tell those three individuals and there employers to never refer to them as journalists and just presenters.

    This whole episode epitomizes everything the FFA represents, a complete incompetent cluster root. The HAL will be dead and buried in 5 years through poor attendances and marketability resulting in less revenue through corporate partners/sponsorship and broadcasting. There is no money from a product people are no longer interested in.

    The window to piss these incompetent officials off and turn things around is closing fast.
    the wash up of all of this,
    Staj gets the bullet(and another job to appease him).
    Ante will be hung out to dry, doesn't matter though he has another job.
    some female random in hiding will get the matildas job....
    Reid gets away with it maybe, (still waiting for someone with some balls to do the right thing).
    and the forgotten one GVM gets pencilled in as the front runner to do the U20's mens side.

    just love a jigsaw.....

  9. #29
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Thread for upcoming world cup.

    Bon - would you and Pam do a sweep?
    Bloody hell..
    I only just saw this!!!!

    I would have totally done a sweep for this if I had known..
    Pam retired two weeks ago (finally got the golden hand-shake payout that she had been waiting for), so any excuse to get her back in the office for a sly dig at "the Westlakes gypo".. hahaha

  10. #30
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Bloody hell..
    I only just saw this!!!!

    I would have totally done a sweep for this if I had known..
    Pam retired two weeks ago (finally got the golden hand-shake payout that she had been waiting for), so any excuse to get her back in the office for a sly dig at "the Westlakes gypo".. hahaha
    I hope she can be brought in as a contractor and kept on retainer. Congrats Pam.

    And as for just seeing it, Bon
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,156
    The way the Matildas are playing it looks like their dressing room is divided. Those for Staj on one side and those that conspired against him on the other.
    EVE has been pretty poor for quite some time yet manages to maintain her position in the team. Hard to imagine others playing that poorly and holding a spot in the starting lineup.
    She either needs to be moved forward more or sent to the bench.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,740
    Geez the BBC is bigging this comp up - they have the rights so must be like NBN over doing NRL every night.

    Curiously comments are locked out of all Women's Football articles.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,072
    That was entertaining. Love VAR.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,494
    Just saw highlights. Some very interesting interpretations.

    1. I know the EPL has changed their interpretation of handball. Was this a FIFA directive? Or UEFA? Or simply EPL?
    2. I’m a little surprised they didn’t support the ARs offside call. Surely her presence forced Brazil defender to take the header and miss time it?

    Not complaining. Good win for them. Beating Brazil after going down 2-0 is a good achievement.

  15. #35
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,198
    I didn't realise it but apparently under Staj, Australia had only won 2 of their last 12 games against European games. And most of the good vibes from the Staj era have been from beating an ageing Brazil, as well as one win against the USA. These two results in this current World Cup seem completely on trend, then.
    OK

  16. #36
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,035
    Still didn't look amazing other than we had a very good attacking formation with Logarzo and Yalley working their arses off to keep Brazil from setting up for a proper counter. They couldn't afford to carry Marta with those two working so hard.

    Ellie Carpenter got my WOTM. Stopped 2 counters with her speed and awkward feet and was great up and down the line for 90 mins. She'd be in with a shot of starting for the men's team right now. And she's only 19.

    Kerr was trying way too hard all game. Her best work came when she went out wide and started passing rather than flicking things on all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,035
    Also I must have counted at least 5 or 6 nutmegs (flapmegs??) during this game. Wouldn't you think our girls had learnt to close their legs whenever there's a Brazilian involved. There was definitely a few close shaves and smooth touches....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Also I must have counted at least 5 or 6 nutmegs (flapmegs??) during this game. Wouldn't you think our girls had learnt to close their legs whenever there's a Brazilian involved. There was definitely a few close shaves and smooth touches....

    Fvck me Frodo, you are on fire..

    Ellie Carpenter...

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Also I must have counted at least 5 or 6 nutmegs (flapmegs??) during this game. Wouldn't you think our girls had learnt to close their legs whenever there's a Brazilian involved. There was definitely a few close shaves and smooth touches....
    Superb. Take a bow.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    2. Iím a little surprised they didnít support the ARs offside call. Surely her presence forced Brazil defender to take the header and miss time it?
    This is what I hate about the current interpretation. As a player your taught to play the whistle, this interpretation is saying to a player in that situation to guess if she was onside or not and then decide to go for the ball or not. Imagine the roasting she would get if she guessed she was offside and didnt go for it and kerr scores. Simple fact is she only goes for that ball because the pressure is there from kerr who was offside. If kerr isnt there she just leaves it for the keeper. Happy to take the goal but hate how that a player can be in that position and not be classed as impacting play - I would have been pissed if Brazil scored like that.

    Also thought for all the money that Cattleys(think thats who it was) rugby tackle in the box in the last minutes was going to be a penalty. Would be interested to know why it wasnt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •