Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    If you do your home work you'll see that "people like Richard Hartley" had a major hand in the early junior and youth development of Ben Kantarovski, James Virgili, Jacob Pepper and Jason Hoffman.
    And.......... a list of kids in their dozens whom he broke in two who were all just as good if not better. Not just Richard, he is a good coach in the main but there are many who are better than him locally. Just let kids play and leave the experts to their mirrors and their egos. Football has gone backwards since the whole curriculum rubbish was thrust upon zones and associations via the Dutch revolution of Han Berger. We are experiencing the outcome of that when our Joey's lose to Myanmar and Socceroos cannot beat Thailand. Local football is a blip on the radar nationally and a microscopic dust particle internationally. They are spending millions in India and China and with A League clubs controlling broadcast revenues now, the FFA will need to fund international programs via........the kids.....again. I hope all are savvy enough to ensure you get value. I will bail out of this forum now, good advice. My kids have moved on and playing at good clubs in good programs. I just sit away from the fabricated football experts each season.

wait, isnt this you?

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Same old story for The Jets. Owned the game and couldnt capitalise. I know it may appear that I am carrying an agenda but when they are paid to play I figure footballers are open to criticism. I will lighten the load and add a little anonymity. Whichever NZ international passed that ball back to Melb for Troisi to slot home a pearler should not play again. He is off the pace, one dimensional and not a professional footballers ass. He is to The Jets what Robbie Krusre is to The Socceroos. Just sayin. #RidentinOUT

so what you're saying is that we need to pay these SAP kids in order to be critical?

personally i think we should just give the Jets a ball and let them play.
    thankfully i havent wasted 15 mins of my time reading dick spectators espousing their views on A-League football.

all i can suggest is that you stay very very clear of the birds and tennis thread homie because its gonna really cause you some heartache.

good day sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

seriously though dude just dont read the thread. the internets a big place. you dont need the stress.
    if you feel the need to single out my post on the length of the game as some sort of example of out of control parents then you prob need to express what your real gripe with me is.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Dude thinks parents have no idea how ordinary their kids are. Maybe we are surprised they can do something ok. Maybe except one who thinks its important to win every week.

There's no delusions that theyll make it to the heights of ZPL. But most of the chat that you read was how the program can operate more efficiently for the local masses. The only talk about "elitism" was what coaching skills or training kids may need. Hearsay nothing else.

There's no Armageddon or future. Just beautiful unemployment because everyone will have a degree for no jobs. Itll be 8 hours of gaming, some soft drugs (kids over 12) and 3 hours of football a week. Then we can return to physical long ball as it will still be Australia's best chance to get somewhere.

Happy with reality?

I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and while there are some comments that are a bit over the top, for the most part I've found it valuable. As a new parent entering into the world SAP with my son it has been helpful to hear some of the ups and downs before the start of the season.

We are really happy with the club we chose, and while I have no disillusions that my son is the next Ronaldo or Messi, I do know that I want to give him every opportunity to be the best possible footballer he can be. At this point in time I think the SAP program is the best option we have, its not perfect but its something.

I think written comments about parents trying to live through their children or negative comments about specific coaches or TD's just brings the level of discussion down, and I think as adults we can be better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Game_over View Post
    I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and while there are some comments that are a bit over the top, for the most part I've found it valuable. As a new parent entering into the world SAP with my son it has been helpful to hear some of the ups and downs before the start of the season.

We are really happy with the club we chose, and while I have no disillusions that my son is the next Ronaldo or Messi, I do know that I want to give him every opportunity to be the best possible footballer he can be. At this point in time I think the SAP program is the best option we have, its not perfect but its something.

I think written comments about parents trying to live through their children or negative comments about specific coaches or TD's just brings the level of discussion down, and I think as adults we can be better than that.
    Best of luck to Junior in his first year of SAP, I hope he enjoys it as much as my own son has.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    I also heard Cooks Hill were looking at entering an u9 team.
    It turns out Cooks Hill are having an U9 SAP team next year. Trials at No.4 Sportsground Wednesday 18 September.

Banned
    Looks like the 30 min halves is going ahead for 2020. Only 1 game.

Thats 25% less game time unless they add in a couple of rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Looks like the 30 min halves is going ahead for 2020. Only 1 game.

Thats 25% less game time unless they add in a couple of rounds
    With a bit of reflection I’m starting to think the one, longer game per week might be better than the two games. The 40 min break always meant the second game took a while to get going, and having only one game to focus on may prove a better for the kids.

I’d still love to see every team play against each other, regardless of club affiliation. If there are 25% less games there has to be scope for additional matches at some point, and having those clubs with two good teams playing against each other can only make SAP better.

Would occasionally having midweek games at Speers Point instead of training be a bad thing? If the Emerging Jets are going elsewhere you’d assume they’ll be pitch availability. It might also provide some opportunity for the NNSWF coaches to be more actively involved with the clubs who choose not to train at Speers Point. Perhaps occasional midweek rounds could be earmarked as “observation games” or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post

I’d still love to see every team play against each other, regardless of club affiliation. If there are 25% less games there has to be scope for additional matches at some point, and having those clubs with two good teams playing against each other can only make SAP better
    all teams in the comp don’t play each other? In community you get club team blue vs club team red. Why not in Sap?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    all teams in the comp don’t play each other? In community you get club team blue vs club team red. Why not in Sap?
    nope. Some clubs played each other 3 times and some not at all. In the first round there were double ups before all teams played.

Fixtures bloke not bright. The second round saw some teams pitted against equal strength teams.

I don't get the opposition to kids playing a 30 min half. The Jets A-league squad has been playing 30 min halves for the past seven seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    nope. Some clubs played each other 3 times and some not at all. In the first round there were double ups before all teams played.

Fixtures bloke not bright. The second round saw some teams pitted against equal strength teams.
    I have limited knowledge of the whole situation but IMO the clubs let down the "fixtures bloke" The comp was split into 2 sections and within the stronger competition many clubs then had an A and B team. That then led to 1 competitive game and 1 game where you would get 10 - 15 goals scored against that weaker side
    We are not all lucky like Olympic and Magic to have 20 strong kids but the clubs are causing just as many issues and IMO letting parents and kids down.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I have limited knowledge of the whole situation but IMO the clubs let down the "fixtures bloke" The comp was split into 2 sections and within the stronger competition many clubs then had an A and B team. That then led to 1 competitive game and 1 game where you would get 10 - 15 goals scored against that weaker side
    We are not all lucky like Olympic and Magic to have 20 strong kids but the clubs are causing just as many issues and IMO letting parents and kids down.
    Not even just that.

I think the point Londonboy was trying to make is that club teams do not play each other and there were several clubs that you don't play at all.

In the first half of the draw Jr's team played 2 teams twice.

By the time the draw finished they had played 4 teams 3x, 2 teams 2x, a couple of teams once without playing some of the teams at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Not even just that.

I think the point Londonboy was trying to make is that club teams do not play each other and there were several clubs that you don't play at all.

In the first half of the draw Jr's team played 2 teams twice.

By the time the draw finished they had played 4 teams 3x, 2 teams 2x, a couple of teams once without playing some of the teams at all.
    Why is it a concern who your kids team is playing. Its just development it's not a competition, the kids don't care who they do or don't play, if they do it's only because of the garbage they have heard coming out of their parents or coaches mouths. Just worry about them playing each weekend not who they are playing. If clubs want their own teams to play against each other do it every training session. It's not a competition you don't have to play each team the same amount of times.

Let NNSW do the organising and let the coaches do the coaching. Parents should just worry about getting their kids to and from training and games and how they can afford next years ridiculous rego fees as well as offering as much encouragement along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Why is it a concern who your kids team is playing. Its just development it's not a competition, the kids don't care who they do or don't play, if they do it's only because of the garbage they have heard coming out of their parents or coaches mouths. Just worry about them playing each weekend not who they are playing. If clubs want their own teams to play against each other do it every training session. It's not a competition you don't have to play each team the same amount of times.

Let NNSW do the organising and let the coaches do the coaching. Parents should just worry about getting their kids to and from training and games and how they can afford next years ridiculous rego fees as well as offering as much encouragement along the way.
    Did I say it was a concern? Nope.

The only concern I have around scheduling is that it was released so late for both halves of the draw.

For Part 1 (Rounds 1-11) it was released a week before the games started.

For Part 2 (Rounds 12-22) it was released with less than a weeks notice.

For those who wanted to plan things around the game times it made it very difficult.

The kids don't care who they play? Go and talk to them and their coaches. Everytime we play Olympic or Magic the kids are buzzing and ready for a big game and I have friends in other teams who rev up for certain teams too.
    Listen to the boys chat between games and their body language it can be fear or total lack of interest due to results from the other team. I genuinely have concern for parents whose child is getting repeatedly flogged each week to and applaud splitting the competition 2nd round. But I still disagree with clubs putting themselves before the kids. In the supposed top group there were some clubs. Valentine, Egdeworth, New Lambton where the divide was huge and the disregard for the lower team is not something I support.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    In the supposed top group there were some clubs. Valentine, Egdeworth, New Lambton where the divide was huge and the disregard for the lower team is not something I support.
    a bit of context here because the use of the word 'disregard' is wrong (even though i dont disagree with your overall point). As ive said before our club played an A and B team this year.

Last year our club in U/9 had 2 really competitive teams, but at the start of the year a lot of people commented that one team was def 'stronger' than the other. Over the course of the season both teams always trained together (mini games were a mix of both teams) and pushed each other. As a result by the end of the year both teams were considered pretty even and the program was considered a success.

This year teams were pretty much split down the middle and joined (1/2 9's each from last year in one team, the new kids and the rest in the other). The hope was that the players in the 'B' team would respond like the previous year and push everyone at every training session. Again, both teams were mixed for training and were only separated on game day. But this year the response was not the same and there became a def divide between the levels of the kids performance. There were quite a few mitigating factors, like broken arms, illness, extended holidays that all affected the one team more than the other.

Now, heres where i have an issue with the word 'disregard'. Every kid from both teams have been picked for next year. Word is one kid didnt want to stay, and another is dropping back to his own age group. But everyone else has been offered a spot (no idea if every accepted), and the gaps have been filled with NET and ID kids.
    Our club made a decision to stick with their own local kids and not have open trials, despite game day 'results'. I have no idea if the club will be doing A and B again next year but everyone now knows that the new season starts with everyone on the same level. If they get to training and put in the effort then who knows what will happen. But they've been given a shot, so not sure what else the club can do for now.

So is it more of a disregard to drop kids at the end of each year for the shiny new ones that club shop?
    Is it more of a disregard to just cut 1/2 your kids from the program because you only want one team?

again, this is all supposed to be about having 15-16 well trained kids available for U/13's and up when games 'actually' matter. Our club feels it will have ticked that box. Im not 100% behind every decision, but it is what it is, and i dont know any clubs that are doing it perfectly.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ok just keep playing inter clubs games. See its stupid. At least play all the clubs before doubling up or breaking away.

And the bigger problem was having stronger teams playing weaker team more often. No need to start whining about winning or parents.
    Last edited by Jim; 16-09-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Now, heres where i have an issue with the word 'disregard'. Every kid from both teams have been picked for next year. Word is one kid didnt want to stay, and another is dropping back to his own age group. But everyone else has been offered a spot (no idea if every accepted), and the gaps have been filled with NET and ID kids.
    Our club made a decision to stick with their own local kids and not have open trials, despite game day 'results'. I have no idea if the club will be doing A and B again next year but everyone now knows that the new season starts with everyone on the same level. If they get to training and put in the effort then who knows what will happen. But they've been given a shot, so not sure what else the club can do for now.

So is it more of a disregard to drop kids at the end of each year for the shiny new ones that club shop?
    Is it more of a disregard to just cut 1/2 your kids from the program because you only want one team?

again, this is all supposed to be about having 15-16 well trained kids available for U/13's and up when games 'actually' matter. Our club feels it will have ticked that box. Im not 100% behind every decision, but it is what it is, and i dont know any clubs that are doing it perfectly.
    Having a closed shop could be problematic. There are some good lads in community 9s this year. Dont they deserve a chance to further their abilities if they are superior then some of the lads from this year?
    Last edited by Jim; 16-09-2019 at 01:49 PM.