Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Emile Heskey

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    After watching replay, the big man put in such a good game, winning balls all over the centre of the park both on the ground and in the air.
    Jobes distribution to him was great and Ryan Griffiths just worked so well with him and Goodwin.
    Also loved his comments after the game. Just wanted to praise the boys and make it all about the team.
    Just seems like a good dude and great teammate.
    Smash Hutcho this weekend and I'll lose my shit.
    And this is all despite the Craig Deans effect burdening us and bringing Heskey down. Imagine how he would go if Deans wasn't in the picture??

Deans Out

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    After watching replay, the big man put in such a good game, winning balls all over the centre of the park both on the ground and in the air.
    Jobes distribution to him was great and Ryan Griffiths just worked so well with him and Goodwin.
    Also loved his comments after the game. Just wanted to praise the boys and make it all about the team.
    Just seems like a good dude and great teammate.
    Smash Hutcho this weekend and I'll lose my shit.
    I too watched the replay and it was noticeable how often Heskey would win the ball in the air and then flick or chest the ball into space (and one back heel). Hopefully the rest of the boys can start to see this a bit earlier and run off him in the right areas. He will set up much more than he will score.

Heskey gets a mention on Football365

The first really notable keeper, and perhaps the original safe pair of Yankee hands, was Kasey Keller, League Cup winner with Leicester City back when Emile Heskey wasn't beating Alessandro del Piero.
    Heskey > Del Piero!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I too watched the replay and it was noticeable how often Heskey would win the ball in the air and then flick or chest the ball into space (and one back heel). Hopefully the rest of the boys can start to see this a bit earlier and run off him in the right areas. He will set up much more than he will score.
    Agree. A few times they needed to keep on running. They would heitate and lose any advantage they had over the defender. A few weeks time and they will time it perfectly knowing Heskey will get it to them

Had a dream last night that Heskey scored in the last minute after smashing Hutcho in a tackle around half way and pantsing Sainsbury...

needless to say i had to change sheets this morning

Banned
    I had a dream last night also and in it Heskey was sent packing (Culina style) and we signed Jason Hoffman as his replacement.

Then I woke up screaming and crying over my nightmare

Banned
    The Newcastle Jets' marquee signing Emile Heskey says he is enjoying life in Australia and has backed the A-League to continue to grow in stature.

The former Liverpool forward opened his A-League account in the 'Battle of the Marquees' clash between Newcastle and Alessandro Del Piero's Sydney FC last weekend, with Jets coach Gary van Egmond already saying the team needs to shape itself around Heskey.

Heskey told Grandstand's Aaron Kearney he felt no pressure to score so soon after his arrival on Australian soil, and compared to the intense life of the English Premier League, is enjoying the more laid-back Australian lifestyle.

"I just take every game as it is. I've been doing this for 18 years now so its something I know and something I do instinctively," Heskey said on his first goal for the club.

"I just go and play, go and enjoy it. When you're enjoying whatever you're doing, you get the best out of yourself.

"Obviously the weather [is the biggest difference] - it can be good and can be bad. Obviously relaxing is good, being in a game is a little bit different.

Obviously with AFL, getting 90,000 people watching it is amazing. You can't really compare it with that but like I say it's growing, people will get an interest in it the more it gets shown on TV, the more and more they see players come in and play.

Emile Heskey
    "Your body kind of adapts to playing in different temperatures. The life outside of football is a bit more relaxed. You can do a lot more outdoors than you can in England so I'm enjoying that."

Heskey, who has won 62 caps for England and played in three World Cups, says there is no point comparing the A-League with the English Premiership, which he says are still worlds apart.

But he says the A-League can follow the United States's MLS league as the blueprint for developing the game in Australia.

"It's difficult to compare it with the Premier League. The Premier League is watched by millions upon millions of people," he said.

"It showed when I was at Liverpool and going to places like Thailand and you think 'what do they know?', and everyone knows everything about you.

"But [the A-League] is an emerging market and you look at the Americans, how they've done it, I think they're trying to replicate that and trying to make it grow. What they call 'soccer' is going to grow.

"Obviously with AFL, getting 90,000 people watching it is amazing. You can't really compare it with that but like I say it's growing, people will get an interest in it the more it gets shown on TV, the more and more they see players come in and play."

Heskey says he always dreamed of playing abroad at some point in his career after watching the Serie A as a young player when the Italian league was at the height of its powers.

He says he stayed put in England for so long because it was "the best league in the world", but that changed when he spoke to Jets powerbrokers.

"Growing up as a kid, you always wanted to play abroad, you always wanted to challenge yourself," he said.

I had never seen Australian football, but I had always wanted to play abroad. There comes a time when you want to try different things.
    Emile Heskey
    "Granted, I had never seen Australian football, but I had always wanted to play abroad. There comes a time when you want to try different things.

"Having the CEO come over a long way and speak to you and try to sell the club, it kind of sold itself to me. I did have other options but once I sat down with family, I thought this was right."

The task in front of Heskey now lies in maintaining his fitness and lending his experience to Newcastle's up-and-coming talents.

"[The body is] good so far, I can't complain. It's holding up well. I haven't got no complaints on that," he said.

"I'm still working on my fitness, the manager's got me working hard on the training field. The lads have had five months preseason so they're a little bit ahead of me. It's a work in progress.

"We're just taking it step by step. We have got quite a young squad, so just progression with them and trying to get them to build something consistently.

"If you build something consistently with them, you've got a chance of actually winning things on a regular basis. Man United did it with the Beckhams and the Nevilles when they came through and they bonded very quickly and they bonded to the point where they were winning leagues after leagues after leagues.

"We've got a good manager here who knows his stuff, so hopefully with the good players that we've got we can actually build something."
    Notice no praise for Deans!!

i had a dream last night that heskey scored a hatty,
    and what topped that off was Deans having a beer in the stands with his best friend MFKS. They were even holding hands. Ha HA
    then i woke in stitches...

Go Heskey! Hope he keeps scoring.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    i had a dream last night that heskey scored a hatty,
    and what topped that off was Deans having a beer in the stands with his best friend MFKS. They were even holding hands. Ha HA
    then i woke in stitches...
    I am not his "best" friend.

Plague leaves me for dead on this subject

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am not his "best" friend.

Plague leaves me for dead on this subject
    Not even close.

I am merely a foot solider in q-mans revolućion.

Just doing my bit for the cause.

the path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men

Deans out

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
    Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness

2 in 3. So far so good.

God

he goes orrite ay ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Apparently the Mirror in the UK is suggesting Hodgson pick Heskey for England again.

They can **** right off, we need him more than them.

Banned
    Yeah but the English NT is struggling that bad and are the first group of Poms who haven't been able to beat ****ing Poland since 1973 Heskey banging them in down here makes him look the goods!!!

The positive of Heskey's success is it will open up a world of possibilities in the next year or two for Marquees who will look at Heskey making Bitches out of everyone and think they should be here also sucking the mango

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    goes good