Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1426

Thread: Test Cricket aka real cricket

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    really? i'd pick somebody who was at least alive to try and save my life.
    This is a very valid point.

Although I'd still lean towards Bradman in a casket over old ass Steve Waugh.

Some fantastic top of off stump bowling by Cummins there. Bowl em out before lunch so I can have a decent snooze before NFL games start, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Some fantastic top of off stump bowling by Cummins there. Bowl em out before lunch so I can have a decent snooze before NFL games start, please.
    hes amazing to watch at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

how was that for a ball!

If old ass Steve Waugh did what Marnus Labuschange did this series you'd be putting his old ass on a postage stamp.
    yet poor Marnus prob gonna get dropped for one of them Marsh boys for next test.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Can't think of a team / country that deserves a loss more than England. Their treatment of Smith and Warner is an absolute disgrace - especially from former England players who knowingly bowled with a doctored ball [Trescothick and his mints] in several ashes series themselves.

Harmison in particular - what a waste of oxygen that khunt is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Can't think of a team / country that deserves a loss more than England. Their treatment of Smith and Warner is an absolute disgrace -
    nah they've all but left Smith alone now (esp since he didnt actually 'cheat' he just didnt have the balls to step in).

Warner deserves every bit of stick hes getting, and as long as it keeps working they'll just ramp it up further.
    Australia can fix it all by just dropping him, but yet here we are with a horribly out of form opener getting a free ride.

reminds me of the Steve Waugh farewell tour. disc-race.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Geez the radio commentary on the Beeb is poor when the guest commentators aren't on. I know of nobody more one eyed.

Last night was bizarre - counting down balls left in the innings, digging up any stat to show that a draw was on, praising the "party stand" every two balls, checking the rain radar, insisting the light was poor and would get poorer (best one was Aggers yelling out the 3rd ump was bringing out a light meter, luckily Vaughan chipped in and said he was actually bringing out a new ball!), repeated referral to Headingley and 2005, constantly saying "us" and "we", yelling "shot" in the background for any boundary.

Credit Jim Maxwell who sounded mightily pissed off and said - "I only like games won by good cricket, the better side will win". Then - "you've changed Aggers....". Aggers himself was losing the plot calling Maxwell and McGrath "you cobbers".

Love beating them.....actually, I love the misery it causes more.

Lost in a lot of this was the role of Justin Langer.
    Bloke inherited a mess and managed to get all those egos in check (especially the bowling core) to get us the win.
    oh, and yes hes a way better bat and leader than Steve Waugh ever was.

the fact hes done it by being about as open and honest with the media as a coach ever is, was a refreshing change from the stale Lehman era that had run its course.

his next big issue will be whether to reinstall Smith as captain when his ban expires. if i was a betting man, from the way Langer talks hes not interested in changing things. Unless Paine has a horror next 18 months with the bat he'll stay in charge, and most def end up a better leader than Steve Waugh ever was.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Geez the radio commentary on the Beeb is poor when the guest commentators aren't on. I know of nobody more one eyed.

Last night was bizarre - counting down balls left in the innings, digging up any stat to show that a draw was on, praising the "party stand" every two balls, checking the rain radar, insisting the light was poor and would get poorer (best one was Aggers yelling out the 3rd ump was bringing out a light meter, luckily Vaughan chipped in and said he was actually bringing out a new ball!), repeated referral to Headingley and 2005, constantly saying "us" and "we", yelling "shot" in the background for any boundary.

Credit Jim Maxwell who sounded mightily pissed off and said - "I only like games won by good cricket, the better side will win". Then - "you've changed Aggers....". Aggers himself was losing the plot calling Maxwell and McGrath "you cobbers".

Love beating them.....actually, I love the misery it causes more.
    wait on, you're telling me you never watched any of the Channel 9 commentary from, lets say.....ever until right now?

homerism aint the monopoly of the Poms good sir.
    Seems like I am WRONG

You are dead set talking complete and utter BS now Plague

Can't believe no one has called you out on it either

Steve Waugh was the epitome of what you want from a cricketer

If you needed a bloke to bat to save your life then you would pick this bloke.

The amount of times he got runs when his country needed them and when he eked out hundreds by batting with the tail defies belief

Yeah his bro had more natural talent no doubt. But Steve got the job done so much so his Average is massively superior to Mark

You forgetting his 200 in West Indies to finally dethrone them
    You forgetting his 2 centuries on a green top with Aus 1-0 down in the Ashes and in deep shit when he came to the crease
    You forgetting his 100 no in the 99 WC when he single handedly got us into the Semi and we won that in a tie to go through

Yep you talking complete and utter shit

His captaincy was pretty good too
    Much better than Smith and Ponting and AB

But behind Tubby and Clarke for me

ok, good job getting backing up your argument via distorted memories watch TV and having the Ch 9 commentary team over react to everything that went in your precious developing ears.

now, for some cold hard truths about Steve Waugh.

He could bat, i never said otherwise. but hes not the indefatigable 'rock' you all were brainwashed into thinking he was.

Someone to bat for your life?
    He has more test ducks than Steve Harmison, Daniel Vittori, Jimmy Anderson and Allan Donald (bhahahahahahha Allan Donald was the ****ing worst).
    He has more ODI ducks than Glenn McGrath.
    Glenn McGrath was a running joke as a batsman, but lasted longer out there more often than Steve Waugh.

He has the same amount of ODI centuries as noted batting phenom Daryl 'dont hurt me Warnie' Cullinan.
    Paul Collingwood has more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh.
    Ricky Ponting has TEN ****ING TIMES more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh.
    If hes batting for your life, sorry, but you've got the Plague, and its terminal.

As for some sort of rock under pressure?
    He continually cracked under pressure. He was involved in a whopping 77 run outs in ODI's, 50 of which he ran his partner out (a record). Yep, thats a guy you wanna trust to be out there with.
    Add to that another 27 at test level and it shows a bloke who routinely choked in the moment.

whoops sorry he hit that 4 in that test that day on the last ball. Thats right, sorry he must be an all time boss then.

Come at me with some facts, not your childhood romanticism.

Steve Waugh is a myth.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    wait on, you're telling me you never watched any of the Channel 9 commentary from, lets say.....ever until right now?

homerism aint the monopoly of the Poms good sir.
    Nuh - Nein was never this bad (and I'm English born!). Notice how all their commentators say "the Australians" - Richie invented that to promote impartiality. And remember Bill Lawry's man love for Richard Hadlee and the "master batman", Viv? Or Keith Stackpole doing same for Ian Botham.

Recently Nein's recently retired commentators (Healy, Warne, Taylor, Slater, Clarke) do however rave on about their own careers a bit much when things are quiet. Unfortunately video highlights are too readily available.

He has the same amount of ODI centuries as noted batting phenom Daryl 'dont hurt me Warnie' Cullinan.
    Ricky Ponting has TEN ****ING TIMES more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh
    Keen on those ODI stats where Waugh batted alot at number 6?
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 11-09-2019 at 04:43 PM.

It's a good thing Plague isn't old enough to remember Redpath and Lawrie opening bat.

Banned
    ok, good job getting backing up your argument via distorted memories watch TV and having the Ch 9 commentary team over react to everything that went in your precious developing ears.

now, for some cold hard truths about Steve Waugh.

He could bat, i never said otherwise. but hes not the indefatigable 'rock' you all were brainwashed into thinking he was.

Someone to bat for your life?
    He has more test ducks than Steve Harmison, Daniel Vittori, Jimmy Anderson and Allan Donald (bhahahahahahha Allan Donald was the ****ing worst).
    He has more ODI ducks than Glenn McGrath.
    Glenn McGrath was a running joke as a batsman, but lasted longer out there more often than Steve Waugh.

Ricky Ponting has TEN ****ING TIMES more ODI centuries than Steve Waugh.
    If hes batting for your life, sorry, but you've got the Plague, and its terminal.

As for some sort of rock under pressure?
    He continually cracked under pressure. He was involved in a whopping 77 run outs in ODI's, 50 of which he ran his partner out (a record). Yep, thats a guy you wanna trust to be out there with.
    Add to that another 27 at test level and it shows a bloke who routinely choked in the moment.

whoops sorry he hit that 4 in that test that day on the last ball. Thats right, sorry he must be an all time boss then.

Come at me with some facts, not your childhood romanticism.

Steve Waugh is a myth.
    Gee ****ing whiz

You got some but hurt here

Firstly Waugh had more ducks than McGrath and Donald

Well FMD but I backing those guys barely batted much in ODIs

Ponting has more hundreds well wow what an insight that is. Ponting batted at 3 and played 400 ODIs and Tugger batted 5 6 7 8 etc

You are pulling BS statistics out to aid your argument

As for your Justin Langar love in

Who did he get involved for the Ashes and to help the Australian side ??

Think it was Steve Waugh

Case closed

Ponting has more hundreds well wow what an insight that is. Ponting batted at 3 and played 400 ODIs and Tugger batted 5 6 7 8 etc

As for your Justin Langar love in

Who did he get involved for the Ashes and to help the Australian side ??

Think it was Steve Waugh

Case closed
    you know who else could have batted 3 if he wasnt such a lame ass coward hiding down the order waiting to pick off cheap runs against 3rd change medium pacers?
    yep, Captain Steve Waugh. Funny if he was such an awesome bat hed have batted in the actual batting spots instead of taking up the much vaunted Mitch Marsh/Tony Dodemaid slot.

Also, it was amazing who Marnus Lauschange credited with him delivering the ball of the century to break Englands hearts........because it wasnt Steve Waugh, it was Shane Warne who went in and helped Marnus work on his bowling (despite not being on the payroll).

Of course Waugh was there cashing a cheque and getting a good seat in the stands but ive yet to hear any of the actual players comment on his genius.
    Seems like I am WRONG

ok seeing as though you dont actually want to bring any facts to the table and just keep shouting Tony Robbins catchphrases at the computer, heres all you need to know about Steve Waughs 'leadership'.

Since 1988 Australia had increased its gold medal count at each Summer Olympics right up until 2008 when we suffered our first decline.

Do you want to have a guess who the Australian Olympic committee brought in to lead the troops into battle?
    Do you want to know who the useless public servants employed to offer up advice, leadership, and all the battle hardened skills hed learned whilst playing top level sport?
    Do you want to take a guess who was front and centre for our first failure in 20 years?

go on, guess.

Oh you cant bring yourself can you.

Its Steve Waugh.
    The man, the myth, YOUR legend.

Sit yo ass down.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Keen on those ODI stats where Waugh batted alot at number 6?
    again, where did Collingwood bat most of the time again?

i like you too much JM so im not going to embarrass your question by putting up Vivs stats, or Kallis' stats, or Pietersens stats, or MS Dhoni's stats. They batted in the middle order didnt they? The problem was, as they got runs they went up the order. Ask yourself why Waugh never batted 3 if he was the legend you all claim?

again, if he was so dope why didnt the Captain pick himself further up the order?

its because he wasnt as good as you all think. thats my point.
    Last edited by plague; 11-09-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Any talk of One Day or short form cricket to prove stats is just null n void. Stick to Tests

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Any talk of One Day or short form cricket to prove stats is just null n void. Stick to Tests
    You mean like the one where Jason Gillespie has a higher test score than Steve Waugh?

Ok, that's a pretty good stat.

Bloke is a myth.

again, where did Collingwood bat most of the time again?

i like you too much JM so im not going to embarrass your question by putting up Vivs stats, or Kallis' stats, or Pietersens stats, or MS Dhoni's stats. They batted in the middle order didnt they? The problem was, as they got runs they went up the order. Ask yourself why Waugh never batted 3 if he was the legend you all claim?

again, if he was so dope why didnt the Captain pick himself further up the order?

its because he wasnt as good as you all think. thats my point.

No devine reason why Waugh had to bat up the order, remember he played ODIs as an all rounder and had 10 overs to bowl each game. We had Boon, Border, Waugh M and the great Greg Ritchie in front of him. Because of him we could get rid of Simon Patrick O'Donnell.

Does Tugga have pics of your mum or something? I can see he has you somewhat vexed Plague!