Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Cricket aka real cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    I have tickets for the Sydney test
    Do you have any spares?

asking for a mate........

Can we just forfeit the 5th test and spend the 5 days practicing a few basics, like blocking or leaving the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus North View Post
    Do you have any spares?

asking for a mate........
    Glad you cleared that last bit up because you'll be playing at this stage.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Can we just forfeit the 5th test and spend the 5 days practicing a few basics, like blocking or leaving the ball?
    Forfeit?? FFS

I am now hoping we get spanked in this test and also spanked in the Ashes back here. Change is needed in Cricket in this country bigtime and we have been papering over the cracks for a long time. Lets be honest we could have won 3 tests in this series We were 14 runs away at Trent Bridge, Rain stopped any hope at Old Trafford and a decent batting performance from 80% of the team at Durham and we win.

Thank **** we didn't.

Change should have definitely occurred last time England thumped us out here yet it didn't come. We just papered over the cracks again.

Our bowling is all right without being classy. We just don't have that 1-2 world class bowlers we need to plough through a team regularly. That isn't the big issue cause that will rectify itself soon enough

Our batting is disgraceful. Two blokes should not be any where near the team are Warner and Watson. Watson has played 40 odd tests for 2 test match hundreds. The last of which came in 2010. You can't keep carrying a bloke like that as a batsmen. If you claim the bloke is an all rounder then he should be batting at 7 and bowling as a genuine bowler. Two problems here he only has 60 odd Tests wickets which ain't enough and the poor sod is likely to pull a heart muscle or something else.

Warner on the other hand does not score runs at first class level and NEVER ****ing has to warrant being considered for selection. So on the basis of some alleged performancs in 20-20 they give him a test cap. FFS

Fixing the batting ain't hard. Get the ****s to play first class cricket more than they do. Playing 2-3 games a year outside of test cricket just ain't enough.

These blokes should be playing 7-8 Shield games each year EVERY year not the 1-2 they do at half pace as well as going off to play County cricket every off season like our stars of yesteryear did and not ****ing off to some 3rd world shithole for a million dollars for 3 weeks of hit and giggle. Not hard to fix. Don't give them a Cricket Australia contract or pick them for National teams if they want to play 20-20.

Sure some will **** off and take the money but the vast majority will stay

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Forfeit?? FFS

I am now hoping we get spanked in this test and also spanked in the Ashes back here. Change is needed in Cricket in this country bigtime and we have been papering over the cracks for a long time. Lets be honest we could have won 3 tests in this series We were 14 runs away at Trent Bridge, Rain stopped any hope at Old Trafford and a decent batting performance from 80% of the team at Durham and we win.

Thank **** we didn't.

Change should have definitely occurred last time England thumped us out here yet it didn't come. We just papered over the cracks again.

Our bowling is all right without being classy. We just don't have that 1-2 world class bowlers we need to plough through a team regularly. That isn't the big issue cause that will rectify itself soon enough

Our batting is disgraceful. Two blokes should not be any where near the team are Warner and Watson. Watson has played 40 odd tests for 2 test match hundreds. The last of which came in 2010. You can't keep carrying a bloke like that as a batsmen. If you claim the bloke is an all rounder then he should be batting at 7 and bowling as a genuine bowler. Two problems here he only has 60 odd Tests wickets which ain't enough and the poor sod is likely to pull a heart muscle or something else.

Warner on the other hand does not score runs at first class level and NEVER ****ing has to warrant being considered for selection. So on the basis of some alleged performancs in 20-20 they give him a test cap. FFS

Fixing the batting ain't hard. Get the ****s to play first class cricket more than they do. Playing 2-3 games a year outside of test cricket just ain't enough.

These blokes should be playing 7-8 Shield games each year EVERY year not the 1-2 they do at half pace as well as going off to play County cricket every off season like our stars of yesteryear did and not ****ing off to some 3rd world shithole for a million dollars for 3 weeks of hit and giggle. Not hard to fix. Don't give them a Cricket Australia contract or pick them for National teams if they want to play 20-20.

Sure some will **** off and take the money but the vast majority will stay
    you realise warner has been our top scorer in the second innings of the last two matches right?
    Last edited by parksey; 14-08-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

So, we drop a batsman for another all rounder, push Watson to number 3 of all places and bring back a bowler, dropped two weeks ago for being shit.

Looks like another watch the first session only game.........we are farked.

pretty much my thoughts exactly.
    Last edited by belchardo; 21-08-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Looks like another watch the first session only game.........we are farked.
    yep, good time to switch off. Take this session into the Gabba later this year.

Banned
    Right on queue Watson gets runs after the Member hammers his abysmal record at getting centuries.

Bloke must be an avid reader of the foz

Evening chaps.

I used to post on here years ago and came for a wee visit to see how the series was being received down under, i'm english by the way. I was at the 4th test, my first ashes experience and i absolutely loved it. As it happens the england team, cook in particular, have came in for a great deal of critisism here. Ian Botham reckons we'll always be at a disadvantage to the aussies because for the most part we lack killer instinct. Have to say i agree to an extent.

Anyways, i can't wait for the return series. Just need to talk the wife into another trip down under!

An easy 3-0 series win says his captaincy is just fine.
    Job done. You Poms need to know when to rub it in after victory rather than offer hope.
    Warne, McGrath, Ponting were all right khunts to everyone that's why they were good. They were ****ing with oppositions heads 24/7.
    Botham is a loser he's the last bloke to be offering up advice.
    Cook, Trott, KP and Bell will have a field day on our decks.
    I don't ever really remember the better team ever losing the Ashes, so unless we come up with something pretty quickly (A leader, 5 or 6 bats and some luck) we're ****ed.

have to agree that the poms don't seem to be comfortable with being the better team for some reason.

having said that the difference between the teams is not as large as it was (in the aussies' favour) 15 years ago. aussies were in with a good chance in all but one of the tests and the same can't be said for england under atherton/hussain etc.

aussie quicks are much better at home, and i reckon it'll be a very tight series.

even NZ put up a better fight in england than straya this year

mind you they didn't win any tests either

I think what's getting up beefys hooter is we have watched aussie sides destroy us for decades, and when they smelled blood the game was over. I was in Australia december, '06 though i never made it to a test, and that series was humiliating, england are not capable of dishing out a beating like that.

After this series most england fans think 3-0 flattered us. One test was tight, one should have been tight, and australia were very unlucky with the weather on the 2 that were drawn. Would aussie fans see it that way if the fortunes were reversed? I suspect yous would be saying "**** the pommie bastards, lets flog them 5-0 at home!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    I think what's getting up beefys hooter is we have watched aussie sides destroy us for decades, and when they smelled blood the game was over. I was in Australia december, '06 though i never made it to a test, and that series was humiliating, england are not capable of dishing out a beating like that.

After this series most england fans think 3-0 flattered us. One test was tight, one should have been tight, and australia were very unlucky with the weather on the 2 that were drawn. Would aussie fans see it that way if the fortunes were reversed? I suspect yous would be saying "**** the pommie bastards, lets flog them 5-0 at home!"
    I was actually hoping you would flog us in the last test. That way the cricketing Authorities can't palm off a series loss again as they did in 2010-11. A 4-0 series loss says a lot more than 3-0 or 3-1. Good news is that you guys will not be holding that urn forever. We probably won't get it back from you in Australia but we should be very close in 2017 as our blokes develop. In 2017 you will be missing Swann Anderson Pieterson and probably a few others

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashe...ry/666307.html

Australian cricket journalists were still at The Oval after the crowds had dispersed when they reported seeing several England players taking it turns to relieve themselves on the pitch. It is not known how many players were involved.

Pfffffffffft.
    I would have got at least 180 on that deck. Aaron Finch is a hack.

Sooooooooooooo
    Got the day off tomorrow.
    Not as if getting a bucketload of runs in the Shield counts for anything these days.
    Rogers, Watson, Bailly or whatever his ****ing name is. Blow ins the lot of them. Saddest part is we won't even see Mitchell Johnson at his worst coz we'll only bowl once. ( and by 'we' I mean 'those blokes disgracing the baggy green'.)
    Looking forward to it. So how's that soccer thing going guys?

Marcus, good to hear from you again! I missed your positive attitude!
    Hahaha
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

How are things out west Marcus?