Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012/13 Jets NSW Away Trips Supporters Bus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    We got a coach planned for campbelltown away?
    Some dude on the jets facebook page posted something about organising his own bus and asked for passengers. Can't remember where - somewhere amongst all the Jobe Wheelhouse rants.

Sid Foggs might have something to say about that but.

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    Some dude on the jets facebook page posted something about organising his own bus and asked for passengers. Can't remember where - somewhere amongst all the Jobe Wheelhouse rants.

Sid Foggs might have something to say about that but.
    Confirm a bus has been planned

It's just now all about numbers

wd SD, good luck chief

this is the hard part

disco bus?
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

So much for PSC getting back to me about reorganising the Squadron service ffs

I would just like to clarify that this is NOT being organised by the Squadron, and as such any money made from it will be going into someones pocket.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Forgetting any funds the squadron makes out of this it is a shame the club can't get off their arse and get a bus or two or three or ten organised for all our games in NSW. Put it in the face of the 11k Member base and maybe more of the fans will make the effort to watch us V Smurfs Gypos WSW on the road. Not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Forgetting any funds the squadron makes out of this it is a shame the club can't get off their arse and get a bus or two or three or ten organised for all our games in NSW. Put it in the face of the 11k Member base and maybe more of the fans will make the effort to watch us V Smurfs Gypos WSW on the road. Not rocket science.
    have you seen how the club has been run.... Usual sky is falling daily service of the jerks...
    Amigos Aarau

that sounds like hard work

sif the club would do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

The club agreed not to run a competing service against what the Squadron were attempting to run this season, then stopped promoting it to the members due to a "conflict of interest" as Sidd Foggs is a partner of HSG.

I have been attempting to get things moving behind the scenes so we arent pushing shit uphill trying to promote this with no help from the Jets, but its not something that can be done quickly. Plus I have two children, a business to run and a life of my ****ing own before I spend time on something that currently very few people utilise.

Now that someone else has decided to cut in and run something separate with no correspondence with me, I am really wondering whether I even bother.

Can't believe it. They really are the Newcastle Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    The club agreed not to run a competing service against what the Squadron were attempting to run this season, then stopped promoting it to the members due to a "conflict of interest" as Sidd Foggs is a partner of HSG.

I have been attempting to get things moving behind the scenes so we arent pushing shit uphill trying to promote this with no help from the Jets, but its not something that can be done quickly. Plus I have two children, a business to run and a life of my ****ing own before I spend time on something that currently very few people utilise.

Now that someone else has decided to cut in and run something separate with no correspondence with me, I am really wondering whether I even bother.
    this really is the gif of a thousand uses...newy jerks:

Banned

Last few Yoof games I have been to there has been a Port Stephens Coaches Bus parked just outside Wanderers Oval. Would seem strange that a visiting club flying interstate wouldn't be using the Jets local bus company. Also pretty certain when down at WSW at Parra Stadium I was outside Wanderland and GVE and the boys drove in. Pretty certain they were in a Ports Stephens Coaches bus. Seems strange that they would be getting chaperoned to and from Newy by a rival to Sid Foggs particularly if HSG have commercial arrangement as you claim.

Will keep eye out at Campbelltown to see what bus we come on.

Last few Yoof games I have been to there has been a Port Stephens Coaches Bus parked just outside Wanderers Oval. Would seem strange that a visiting club flying interstate wouldn't be using the Jets local bus company. Also pretty certain when down at WSW at Parra Stadium I was outside Wanderland and GVE and the boys drove in. Pretty certain they were in a Ports Stephens Coaches bus. Seems strange that they would be getting chaperoned to and from Newy by a rival to Sid Foggs particularly if HSG have commercial arrangement as you claim.

Will keep eye out at Campbelltown to see what bus we come on.
    You do know that sid foggs owns port stephens coaches???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Wouldn't have a clue who Sid Foggs owns.

I thought the issue was Furns wasn't able to get much HSG approval/support to run a Port Stephens Coach to away games cause Sid Foggs were a HSG partner. If Port Stephens Coaches in owned by Sid Foggs where would the conflict of interest be for HSG???

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    True...fvckin lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Wouldn't have a clue who Sid Foggs owns.

I thought the issue was Furns wasn't able to get much HSG approval/support to run a Port Stephens Coach to away games cause Sid Foggs were a HSG partner. If Port Stephens Coaches in owned by Sid Foggs where would the conflict of interest be for HSG???
    The Port Stephens Coaches are supplied as part of a transport arrangement by the FFA. The FFA chose the coach supplier not the Jets. I think the Jets want Sid Foggs to do it in the future.

hauss is correct.
    Murrays are the coach provider to the HAL. There is no Murrays presence in Newy so they pass the work to PSC.

Sid Foggs have nothing to do with PSC.

Banned
    hauss is correct.
    Murrays are the coach provider to the HAL. There is no Murrays presence in Newy so they pass the work to PSC.

Sid Foggs have nothing to do with PSC.
    Seems strange that HSG would be allowed to have a commercial arrangement with Sid Foggs if they are not a FFA approved commercial partner. FFA are pretty strict on clubs not having sponsors conflict with FFA partners.

Not doubting your story Furns but it would appear HSG are Bullshitting you a bit with their version of why they can't/won't help

Seems strange that HSG would be allowed to have a commercial arrangement with Sid Foggs if they are not a FFA approved commercial partner. FFA are pretty strict on clubs not having sponsors conflict with FFA partners.

Not doubting your story Furns but it would appear HSG are Bullshitting you a bit with their version of why they can't/won't help
    It would not be a sponsorship. It would just be an exclusivity arrangement to get the best price for supplying coaches for the clubs between airports/hotels/stadiums and cities where no air travel is required. The FFA has a duty to supply transport as part of the A-League participation agreement.

The Knights have a long standing partnership with Sid Foggs and they have a policy of securing sponsorships across both codes, so I don't see why you think they would be bullshitting him.

I personally wouldn't care if Sid Foggs offerred exactly the best service, but they don't. Port Stephens coaches are willing to take bookings over the phone and through their website, so they take all the admin work off you. Sid Foggs (to my knowledge) are not yet able to do this. The farcical thing is that HSG stopped promoting the Squadron coaches but are now letting this other guy advertise his booking and his booking is with PORT STEPHENS COACHES!!!

There is no logic to it.

The thing that gets me, is that when HSG took over, I rang them up and asked them if they were organising coaches for the supporters. They told me that they had a meeting and decided they didn't want to do it. So take it back over then and get Sid Foggs to do it for you. Don't stuff people around.