Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership 2023

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Has the APL ever mentioned Community ownership since they took over? The model seems to work well in the UK with a half dozen clubs (AFC Wimbledon, FC Unted, York FC etc). Some of those clubs have buy ins for as little as $10 a month and those fans still get voting rights etc.

We would just need 10,000 Newcastle football tragics all to put in $200 a season to match the 2 million the club gets from the APL and we should be sweet!

*Grasping at straws here
    🙋*♂️

Has the APL ever mentioned Community ownership since they took over? The model seems to work well in the UK with a half dozen clubs (AFC Wimbledon, FC Unted, York FC etc). Some of those clubs have buy ins for as little as $10 a month and those fans still get voting rights etc.

We would just need 10,000 Newcastle football tragics all to put in $200 a season to match the 2 million the club gets from the APL and we should be sweet!

*Grasping at straws here
    Your never gonna get that here. Newy doesn't have the interest

https://aleagues.com.au/news/a-leagu...wnership-news/
    Don't think this is even Mattiske, I believe he is on leave, FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

*Grasping at straws here
    The ownership model of this league (That being franchises, rather than clubs) will not allow for voting rights.

Plus there is absolutely no way the APL will allow a club to be run by fans. They are a cartel and wanted power over the league. They've now got it and are reaping what they sow

So looks like Gerry Ryan's interest in the club is on again after expressing more than passing interest a few seasons ago. Actually would prefer him than this FC32 mob. History with Melb Heart b4 the Oil Money and Melbourne Storm
    Last edited by 380; 22-03-2024 at 08:27 PM.

It's a soap opera...."might" be back on.

The future of the Jets has been under a cloud since earlier this week when the Newcastle Herald revealed that negotiations aimed at selling the franchise to FC32 - a company that has interests in European football teams - had stalled.

FC32 were understood to have grown frustrated about a lack of clarity from Australian Professional Leagues (APL), which runs the A-Leagues, about key financial details.

Fears that the Jets could be forced to fold if the FC32 deal fell over mounted after APL chairman Stephen Conroy said it would be a "terrible tragedy" if the foundation club was not part of the A-Leagues next season.

"We need to know by relatively soon whether this is going to be a club that is going to play next season or not," Conroy said on Tuesday.

Since then, it is understood that FC32 have resumed negotiations and the Herald has been told that senior executives from the group are expected to fly into Australia from their US base next week to "close the deal".

If that does not transpire, the Herald understands that two other consortiums are waiting in the wings and have made offers to the current custodians. It is unclear how they stack up to the FC32 proposal.

Jets executive chairman Shane Mattiske emailed the club's members on Wednesday to claim there were "several parties" still interested in buying the club, which has been under interim ownership for three years.

The Herald has been told that an Australian consortium, which was one of the under-bidders to FC32, has resurfaced.

That group is understood to be led by investors who have previously been involved with an A-League club in Melbourne.

"There is another party in discussions which is willing ready and able to take over if FC32 fail," a source told the Herald.

It is understood that a Sydney-based group is also interested in taking on the foundation club.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    So looks like Gerry Ryan's interest in the club is on again after expressing more than passing interest a few seasons ago. Actually would prefer him than this FC32 mob. History with Melb Heart b4 the Oil Money and Melbourne Storm
    Maybe, but the people running FC32 have professional athlete backgrounds. I think they'd have a different, beneficial insight
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Maybe, but the people running FC32 have professional athlete backgrounds. I think they'd have a different, beneficial insight
    Who is Gerry Ryan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Who is Gerry Ryan ?
    Would be either him or Peter Sidwell

Ryan owns the business Jayco Caravans and was involved in the Melbourne Heart and also Melbourne Storm, Horse Racing , Cycling n Wineries etc.

My understanding but could be wrong is he was interested sometime in the past.
    Last edited by 380; 23-03-2024 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Who is Gerry Ryan ?
    Sells caravans, enemy of the people.

I'm actually slightly more optimistic about this now that it's gone public. While one party put it in the public domain to suit them, it seems to me that all parties are benefited by it being public.

APL get to rattle the cage and say get your shit sorted
    FC32 get to push that we're ready, but it's others that are the problem
    other potential buyers get to stick their hands up and say "we're ready to talk"
    current owners get to say that they're ready to sell, but it's others that are holding us up

The only missing piece here is the current owners. Have they actually come out and said they won't fund us next year? They could solve all the issues by saying they will but that they want the deal done.

Anyway, i'm more optimistic that a deal will be done than i was a week ago.

TBF also after cooling down, nobody actually said the Jets would definitely fold. Conroy said they needed to know if they would get a deal done and be in the league and it would be a tragedy if they did fold.

Assumptions that the current owners had bailed, no buyers on the horizon, transfer of franchise, players move to Auckland, merging with Mariners are all just that, assumptions based on rumour.

Media games as well...started checking out the Herald for the first time in a while and saw that The Dill still death rides us and mentions his beloved Knights in any article about us.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 23-03-2024 at 04:52 PM.

Last week was all a lot of puff and smoke from all sides.
    A deal will be finalised and the Jets will be in the competition next season.

I think the Jets and A league will survive but not the APL
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

?it is understood that FC32 have resumed negotiations and the Herald has been told that senior executives from the group are expected to fly into Australia from their US base next week to "close the deal?

Ok it?s Wednesday so 2 days left in this week

If Shane was the source behind the time then, Well you know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I think the Jets and A league will survive but not the APL
    Good. APL are group is a sham

...aaaaaand March is gone

Damn.

Would?ve been a brilliant April fools joke to say Newcastle United announced as owners.

I?ll keep it up my sleeve for next year?.
    ?The Jets are back! Newcastle United agree to terms and will field a Jets team again in the 2025/26 season?