Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership 2023

Article

COACH Rob Stanton suspects that the drawn-out process to finalise a new owner for the Newcastle Jets may be a distraction for the players but he remains confident that a deal will be struck.

New Perth Glory owner Ross Pelligra outlined his vision on Sunday after confirmation last week that he had added an A-League franchise to a sports empire that includes Sicilian football club Catania FC.

The announcement came three months after the club's receivers KordaMentha were sent back to the drawing board by the termination of the club's sale to Melbourne property tycoon Robert Brij.

It also marked the end of an eight-month-long search for a buyer, which began when Australian Professional Leagues issued former owner Tony Sage with a breach notice, and he relinquished the license.

The Jets, who have been under caretaker ownership for the past three years, were officially put on the market in October and have subsequently been linked to an overseas consortium believed to include Italian billionaire, Danilo Iervolino, who also owns Serie A club Salernitana.

KordaMentha are also conducting the sale of the Jets and initially anticipated that a sale would be completed by Christmas.

Jets executive chairman Shane Mattiske wrote a letter to members in January asking for patience.

"Our progress is positive and we are confident of having this finalised soon," he wrote in the letter.

Stanton has been in regular contact with the proposed new owners.

"I'm assured it will go through," Stanton told the Newcastle Herald. " They are just crossing the t's and dotting the i's.

"You say it is not distracting but I'm sure some players are distracted.

"I would rather be safe than sorry. Have it clear and everyone knows what is going on.

"This [ownership] group have a vision to move forward. How they want to do it is a bit different - strengthening the club from the bottom up. You need to make the club's future secure by setting things up properly.

"You might not see success at the top straight away, but if you do it well, there will be a stronger foundation to develop players and people, make the club more sustainable.

"We are going to have to build something that generates income. Balance the team so we can sell a player here and there, develop within, keep costs down and maximise our resources."

Stanton has been building for the future since he walked through the door. The Jets boast the youngest squad in the league.

"Our focus is on doing things really well and setting ourselves up for the future," he said. "I have been pleasantly surprised with how we have gone. We are improving.

"Against the top teams - Macarthur, Wellington, Melbourne Victory and Wellington - we have done really well."

The Jets take on the Bulls at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday.

It is their second encounter for the season against third-placed Macarthur after 1-all draw at Campbelltown Stadium on January 5 in which the home side levelled from the spot in the 90th minute.

After a 'flat' performance in a 2-0 loss to Western United last Friday, Stanton will use the extended period between games to freshen up the squad mentally and physically.
    Sounds promising.
    Stanton wouldn't be disrespecting the players by talking about it if it wasn’t close…surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Article

Sounds promising.
    Stanton wouldn't be disrespecting the players by talking about it if it wasn’t close…surely.
    Where does speculating about the coach speculating about the players sit on the disrespect scale? Just want to know where I stand if is start speculating about Brem speculating about the coach speculating about the players.

I don’t hate the idea of choosing to build a club that more closely resembles what teams like Adelaide and the Mariners are doing. Try and find great young talent, improve our academy so we can create good young talent and scout high quality internationals

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I don’t hate the idea of choosing to build a club that more closely resembles what teams like Adelaide and the Mariners are doing. Try and find great young talent, improve our academy so we can create good young talent and scout high quality internationals
    It?s the only way to do it, you wouldn?t want them to splash cash around and exhaust funds for maybe one season of success

As long as it is transparent and there is a plan - most will be fine.

The Facebook crowd will be expecting million dollar marquees though.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    As long as it is transparent and there is a plan - most will be fine.

The Facebook crowd will be expecting million dollar marquees though.
    Who cares the facebook crowd never attend of watch games anyway

- Shane will be announcing his departure in the next few days. He has been informed by the new owners he will not have a job when they take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajar View Post
    - Shane will be announcing his departure in the next few days. He has been informed by the new owners he will not have a job when they take over.
    This makes sense if there is in fact new owners and I?m sure he would?ve expected it, thanks Shane for holding the fort in difficult times

Quote Originally Posted by Bajar View Post
    Here’s hoping that’s the case.

I thought Middleby and McKinna were bad, he makes them look brilliant.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I was told the expected ownership change was on track to be announced in March.
    It was also interesting to hear that recent player re-signings came about through conversations between new owners and Rob Stanton.
    Shane has been kept on the side lines regarding these matters.
    The players were seen as smart re-signings and low risk signings even if the new ownership didn't go through.
    Seems like the new ownership group is happy to keep Rob Stanton at the club.
    We might finally have some positive news with this ownership situation !

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Here’s hoping that’s the case.

I thought Middleby and McKinna were bad, he makes them look brilliant.
    In what world was Mckinna bad? Always open with fans and spent 300k of his own money to keep the club afloat after Lee stopped sending money

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    In what world was Mckinna bad? Always open with fans and spent 300k of his own money to keep the club afloat after Lee stopped sending money
    agreed
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

I think there is a fair amount of tongue in cheek in Thomas's post, Its all in the context.

Lawrie stumping up his own $$$$ , Making a GF under his watch. I'll take another individual like that at the club any day of the week.

So once again Shane provides an update for the Herald to run behind a paywall.

Honestly the bloke being told to pack his box can't come soon enough.

So, any news from the members night?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    So, any news from the members night?
    Jeter?

Pining for the return of gypos.

Legit embarrassing.

Fold the club.

Scozzy is rolling in his grave listening to this rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Pining for the return of gypos.

Legit embarrassing.

Fold the club.

Scozzy is rolling in his grave listening to this rubbish.
    Are you serious? Nothing about ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Are you serious? Nothing about ownership?
    We won under Con.

Con gave us Griff, Stu, Jobe and Tarek.

You entitled prats ran Con out of town.
    You all now get what you paid for.

Miss me with your optimism, if y'all wanna be suckers please do so in a different beer line I'm not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Jeter?
    Natta has re-signed with the club. Nothing on ownership except it's "close"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles