Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2023/24 Newcastle Jets Men's Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I?d say no going off what I?ve seen of him, not a stand out player in a poor Roar team who concede easily
    Well who is an experienced defender we could chase

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    If there is no official deal done then perhaps with new owners we may not be limited to searching locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Considering we had the 6th best defence this season, I'd say who needs one. Get our midfield sorted, find another young LB, RB and CB to fight with Ingham, Cancar, Natta, Grimaldi and Wilmering and our defence will be good enough to compete with the top teams.

Our attack was dreadful, and that was with an actual striker, so again I think it's just midfield that's needs to be sorted. Focus on an experienced CM to run things and then work from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

According to James Gardiner - Home-grown youth products Dobson, Nunes, Bertoncello, van Dorssen, K.James Bracco and Janni Rafty trained regularly with the senior squad this season.

At least two of those players will be offered scholarships and train full-time with the A-League outfit.

Does anyone know much about these players and who they’d like to see get the step up? I’ve gathered Van Dorssen is a good player and probably due an opportunity at this level by now

Aleksandar Susnjar will leave Perth Glory for another A-League club. He is linked with a move to the Newcastle Jets.

Was good for MacArthur, less so for Perth. Not the best signing in my mind, would have preferred we stuck with Cancar and Natta if this is our experienced CB signing

Little update, bit of work to do for the new owners.

Expiring 24/25
    01 Ryan Scott
    08 Apostolos Stamatelopoulos
    11 Jacob Dowse
    13 Clayton Taylor
    14 Dane Ingham
    23 Daniel Wilmering
    26 Archie Goodwin

Expiring 25/26
    19 Callum Timmins
    27 Nathan Grimaldi
    33 Mark Natta
    39 Thomas Aquilina

Confirmed Outgoing Players
    03 Jason Hoffman - Retired/NPL
    05 Lucas Mauragis - Central Coast
    06 Brandon O'Neill - Perth

Expired
    07 Trent Buhagiar
    10 Reno Piscopo
    15 Jason Berthomier
    17 Kosta Grozos
    18 Daniel Stynes
    20 Michael Weier
    21 Noah James
    22 Phillip Cancar
    25 Carl Jenkinson
    29 Justin Vidic
    37 Lachlan Bayliss
    66 Zac Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Aleksandar Susnjar will leave Perth Glory for another A-League club. He is linked with a move to the Newcastle Jets.

Was good for MacArthur, less so for Perth. Not the best signing in my mind, would have preferred we stuck with Cancar and Natta if this is our experienced CB signing
    I think we need CB who's more dominant than Natta in the air.
    Not sure Susnjar is that type of player, but I'd try Natta as a LB, he looked ok when he played in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I think we need CB who's more dominant than Natta in the air.
    Not sure Susnjar is that type of player, but I'd try Natta as a LB, he looked ok when he played in that position.
    Natta played LB at the end of 2002/2023, I thought is was his best games in a Jets shirt. I said before jets should look at him as a LB , I remember getting shot down about it.

Susnjar is a left footed centre back, he can also plays LB which shows at 1.92 metres high he is quite mobile for a taller player. This would work well in Jets high line. In Susnjar, Natta and wilmering the Jets have Left sided centre back and LB covered.

I guess the worry was he was in a poor Perth defence. At least he wasn't in the squads that got smashed by Melbourne city and Sydney fc towards the end of the season.

Apparently jets are signing an international striker to partner with Stamma which is interesting. Seemed to be what was gonna happen this season gone but maybe didn’t occur because we weren’t able to get a player in to make the system work the way Stanton saw it

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Apparently jets are signing an international striker to partner with Stamma which is interesting. Seemed to be what was gonna happen this season gone but maybe didn’t occur because we weren’t able to get a player in to make the system work the way Stanton saw it
    Was informed today Beka AKA B1 still is or has very recently been in Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Was informed today Beka AKA B1 still is or has very recently been in Newcastle.
    I know not everyone was big on him but personally I always had time for Beka and feel that in a two striker system opposite Stamma he'd do real well. He's signed to a k-league 1 side till 2025 but could be a loan situation.

He's only played in two matches from 11 this season so is hardly getting a run

Would love Beka back. He's a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

NPL standard, maybe signed with Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    NPL standard, maybe signed with Magic
    Probably the best endorsement a player can get is 2Bob trashing them, so he's almost guaranteed to succeed now. Thanks for that buddy.

Just interesting to know if that means we move to a back 3 with 2 up top or push one out wide and require a fullback to cover them defensively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

2 up top is what idiots say, we already have the best 9

I'm all for Beka as a 2nd striker.
    But a possible scenario is: Beka comes back, Stamma goes overseas and we're back to square one with a striker who can't score.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I'm all for Beka as a 2nd striker.
    But a possible scenario is: Beka comes back, Stamma goes overseas and we're back to square one with a striker who can't score.
    The headline I saw specified it was a second striker to partner with stamma so hopefully what you’ve outlined above doesn’t happen because losing Stamma would make a lot of people lose interest in this team for next season

Strikers don't usually like sharing and caring, especially B1 who likes to be the main man, but as mic22 says, he has more misses than hits