Thread: Game Day R3 DMax League - AquaJets v Wankerers 3pm

Game Day R3 DMax League - AquaJets v Wankerers 3pm

Is this going ahead? Seems to be getting heavier as the day progresses...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

If it does, no Buhagiar and no hoff, please.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Is this going ahead? Seems to be getting heavier as the day progresses...
    In 'Puddle' we trust...
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

No Hoff or Bert in the starting 11 is a wonderful decision. No Jenkinson anywhere on the team sheet is even better.

Good to see Staunton can learn from a bad decision after the first half last week.

Play the kids and I couldn't give two fricks about the result, add in a good old puddle assist and we are going to have a great afternoon no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Cracking cross and cracking finish.

We may still be shit at defending but I'm loving how good we look going forward.

I like, I like.

I think we need some subs. The energy levels are through the floor.

Far out buhagier is terrible one-on-one.

Why sub Stamo off. Jenko not even on the bench, big call. Especially given Hoff made the bench.

I said it before, We need a dominant Central Defender. If so we probably don't concede first goal

Meh, we didn't lose and Wanderers are supposed to be one of the best teams in the comp this year.

The kids just need to work on their mental fitness and learn how to hold a lead. 1 million times better than last week so hopefully no changes next week.

Bit more rain and the puddle would have gotten us over the line.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Odd choice to wait so long to bring on subs, some players were struggling but we waited till the 84th to finally bring on Timmins who wouldn't have been my first shout, and we took of Stamma who would have been the last guy to take off considering we have no other real strikers. Hopefully this isn't a trend from Stanton going forward.

Buhagair would be too good for this league if he could actually put the ball in the net, beyond frustrating to watch him get into great positions game after game but not have the ability to actually finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Why sub Stamo off. Jenko not even on the bench, big call. Especially given Hoff made the bench.

I said it before, We need a dominant Central Defender. If so we probably don't concede first goal
    Hopefully Cancar can be that guy. He's got the stature, just needs the experience and confidence to be that physical presence back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Hopefully Cancar can be that guy. He's got the stature, just needs the experience and confidence to be that physical presence back there.
    I agree he needs games. That pair could be really strong for many years. I like the young kids running and wanting to be aggressive with the ball. Past few years we didn?t break with this pace. Perth away and then Victory and Wanderers 2 expected powerhouses. I?m sure we would of taken 2 points if offered

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I agree he needs games. That pair could be really strong for many years. I like the young kids running and wanting to be aggressive with the ball. Past few years we didn?t break with this pace. Perth away and then Victory and Wanderers 2 expected powerhouses. I?m sure we would of taken 2 points if offered
    Need competition in that area. What's the plan if there is an injury?, surely not Hoff again.
    There is some big central defenders in this league, If we can't defend corners we are in for a long year.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    If it does, no Buhagiar and no hoff, please.
    2 assists for 2 goals, not the best finisher but should be in the team every week
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    2 assists for 2 goals, not the best finisher but should be in the team every week
    I agree, he is dangerous all the time. Hopefully the tide will turn on the goal front.

Banned
    The fact our foreign star can't even get a run by the time our first home game came around says plenty

If he can't get in this side 3 weeks into pre season can we just release the **** now??

On another note pre season preparation is building nicely

Can't wait for our season to kick off in two weeks time

Until then nothing really matters

Pretty good first half, Wanderers constantly threatening but defence held up pretty well. We looked dangerous on the counter.

Ran out of steam in the second half and defence did not look so assured.

Unsure why we waited so long to make subs. And then after already conceding two to level it, we then sub off our three best attacking players for a DM and two fullbacks.
    Thought we were nailed on to lose it at the end with that mindset, but credit to the players, at least they were keen to keep going for the win and looked more likely to score at the end than WSW.

I thought we did well against a side that will be too 3. We were better than them for long periods