Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: 2024 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Cardiff v mayfield moved to Evans park, Cardiff
    You are joking me that Evans park is on. The worst draining ground behind Hexham

Clearly not, the boys in orange are on. Finest bit of turf in Newcastle. Get down there and watch 9 points and head back to the club for half price pizzas

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Clearly not, the boys in orange are on. Finest bit of turf in Newcastle. Get down there and watch 9 points and head back to the club for half price pizzas
    Good on them for getting on and Mayfield agreeing to swap

Genuinely stunned by that, a friend's place backs on to Evans Park and their yard is a bog when there's even a hint of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    You are joking me that Evans park is on. The worst draining ground behind Hexham
    Grounds fine though slippery

Cardiff v Mayfield
    3rds 2-2
    res 1-1
    1st 6-1

Hacker, our No2 ground is bad, No1 was always alright on the drainage, in the end we played today and lots didn't, so it sort of counteracts your statement of 2nd worse, Minmi and Hexham and 1& 2 i would say....

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Cardiff v Mayfield
    3rds 2-2
    res 1-1
    1st 6-1

Hacker, our No2 ground is bad, No1 was always alright on the drainage, in the end we played today and lots didn't, so it sort of counteracts your statement of 2nd worse, Minmi and Hexham and 1& 2 i would say....
    Mate I tip my hate to you boys for getting on. I was going from the last wet year 2 years ago and Evans park washed out every week and the bank up of games cost you boys a finals spot.

Hexham 1, Minmi 2 is the new list

To football what is going on at Mayfield. Put a line through them I?d say. Cardiff the top Tiger today

The half price pizzas are going down a treat! Up the tigers!

What would club think if this was allowed?

Why couldnt clubs call off lower grades and play 1st only on days like today? Most grounds would have recovered for first grade today. If you played 1st and postponed others and when replaying 3rds and ressies. Your starting 11 from first grade cannot play at all. Even if your teams are short.
    Those on the bench are usually reserve graders anyway.

Would this be an option? So much easier to play one night midweek instead of 2.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post

Why couldnt clubs call off lower grades and play 1st only on days like today? Most grounds would have recovered for first grade today. If you played 1st and postponed others and when replaying 3rds and ressies. Your starting 11 from first grade cannot play at all. Even if your teams are short.

Thoughts?
    Most sense I have read in a long time on this forum

Thoughts?
    You will find that exact question will be asked of the zone leaders this week, i believe an email will be distributed around the clubs to garnish support for the idea, then tabled to the ZL bosses, sooner rather than later.
    I have spoken with 4 other clubs about it and it was 100% support for the idea.

Mayfield and Cardiff asked on Thursday if it could be done this way, i think this will happen.

Northern already do this, even going the way of playing 1st grade before reggies i was told yesterday, but lets start with the basics 1st.

Thoughts?
    Should have been this from the start. Ridiculous how it has to be done now.

Is Warners Bay Dudley game on today?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Is Warners Bay Dudley game on today?
    No

Mayfield off to flyer going to be a long season for them might be time for a clean out

Quote Originally Posted by Source View Post
    Mayfield off to flyer going to be a long season for them might be time for a clean out
    Yikes just seen the score. I know Cardiff have improved but thats a terrible result for the green tigers. They have had a very underwhelming start to the season though.

Safe in saying all games are already off this weekend? Worst of it coming Friday/Saturday. Disappointing already having so many catch ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Yikes just seen the score. I know Cardiff have improved but thats a terrible result for the green tigers. They have had a very underwhelming start to the season though.
    My young bloke says Cardiff are a much better team this year

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    My young bloke says Cardiff are a much better team this year
    The only way was north for Cardiff after last years nose dive.

Credit to the club, it is 100% evident they are a vastly improved outfit. Can they crack the top 5? My personal opinion is no. Happy to be proven incorrect.

Suns v Swansea
    Thirds 9-1
    Ressies 3-2

First grade next Wednesday
    It's football, not s***er!!