Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by zonal marking View Post
    this does not deny the opportunity for any zone league team with the ambition to go up and still allows clubs like suns and dudley to win the premiership and remain big fish in a little pond
    ftfy

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Correct me if I?m wrong, but the Competition Fee to enter Zone League is around $5000 and I?ve heard that NewFM is $35,000?

I?m no accountant but I can?t imagine many ZL clubs having the ability or WANT to pay that kind of money.
    No mate. The current NL1 competition regs aren?t on the website, but NPL regs are and their fees are approximately $24.5k, so it?s gonna be less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post
    No mate. The current NL1 competition regs aren?t on the website, but NPL regs are and their fees are approximately $24.5k, so it?s gonna be less than that.
    Yep, NL1 is just under $20k, still a big jump vs the cost of the ZPL

[QUOTE=Zonal Marking;271848]
    Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post

Don?t forget that I was the first one to mention optional promotion from Zone league 1 to NPL 2 though
    Excuse me Sir, Page 1... I said it

[QUOTE=FlatScreen;271987]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post

Excuse me Sir, Page 1... I said it
    Yeah you actually did to be fair haha

Hasn’t been any clubs openly say they would like to be promoted should they finish top.. Are any clubs actually keen or just happy to keep quiet on that regard?
    Unless mistaken, I think only Dudley and Suns have made comments on it, and both not keen on going up.
    It's football, not s***er!!

I’d be interested to hear thoughts from the likes of WB, Kotara, Mayfield as I think it could end up being a good thing for those particular clubs.
    It's football, not s***er!!

I think outside those 5 clubs, the rest are just trying to avoid the lower part of the table let alone getting promoted.

Anyone catch the result between Croatia and Dudley, Want to know how they can deal with a higher end team

5 or 6 nil dudley

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerball98 View Post
    Anyone catch the result between Croatia and Dudley, Want to know how they can deal with a higher end team
    They couldn?t 5-0. Biggest cheers was from the Croatia players at full time when they got to stop chasing shadows. Looked like Dudley were missing the whole back 4.

Dudley 5-0
    Both teams missing a fair few of regular starters.
    Seems Dudley?s depth was the difference and could cover the losses much better.

Seems as though the Croats are still some way off being a team capable of stepping up and competing in this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Seems as though the Croats are still some way off being a team capable of stepping up and competing in this competition.
    Well they don?t have to worry about that this year do they lol

Croudace Bay 6-0 Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    Croudace Bay 6-0 Swansea
    Swansea have had some big preseason loses so far. They might be battling at the bottom of the table

I heard that Mayfield seniors had a 1-1 draw with merewether zl3 on Friday night.
    But beat them 6-0 in the lower grade. Unsure of what grades Mayfield rolled out.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I heard that Mayfield seniors had a 1-1 draw with merewether zl3 on Friday night.
    But beat them 6-0 in the lower grade. Unsure of what grades Mayfield rolled out.
    Surely not full 1s team. Was told Mayfield beat Merewether Advance 7-1 last week or week before.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Mayfield reserve grade played Merewether First grade.
    So not a big story

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Mayfield reserve grade played Merewether First grade.
    So not a big story
    That makes more sense