Thread: Round 12, Jets v Roar Tues 23rd 7pm @ Maccas

Round 12, Jets v Roar Tues 23rd 7pm @ Maccas

If they keep doing the same thing we will be battling Western for the spoon, nothing surer
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

We need the puddle tonight
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Wonder what our lowest crowd is, cos we may break it tonight looking at the next to empty carpark....

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Wonder what our lowest crowd is, cos we may break it tonight looking at the next to empty carpark....
    For some reason 2800 is ringing a bell, Any idea JP ?

Well it appears the gaffer was reading the foz cause some people here where bang on with the idea of bringing Jenkinson back into the squad, real shame we didn’t get to see how that would have played out for us over the course of the game.

Piscopo is doing good stuff, dunno why he was chosen to take a penalty over Stamma who hasn’t missed one all season.

Thought that red card was real dodgy, but for a team that struggles to show up in the 2nd half it’s a real god send, or it’ll only make it more embarrassing if we go on to still lose the game.

Argument to be made that Natta should be dropped next game in favour of Cancar, he gave away possession quite easily and did a poor job with handling their goal.

Interesting that recently Jeterpool made that post about Piscopo, and someone mentioned that based on the eye test, we look better with Piscopo on the pitch and this game helped prove that, from when he got taken off to the end of the game we were disorganised across the park.

Good to see Berthomier back into the team and getting some time, feel like him and Jenkinson (if he’s not long-term injured) will be good additions to the squad in terms of experience and leadership

Piscopo and Stammy are our best two players on the ball and main creative forces. Every game when they are subbed off together, we lose all ability to play forward since they are the only two ones who drop in to receive the ball under pressure in the middle and link up play.

I thought Piscopo actually made a lot more mistakes last night than usual and was torn between whether he had a good game or bad game. What he lacked in execution, he at least made up for with effort - a lot of our 1st half attacks were due to him pinching the ball or winning a midfield duel.

Not wrong with Natta, he made a lot more errors last night than usual. I'm a big Natta fan so hopefully its just a one off.

Wilmering impressed me last night, not having seen much of him, he carried the ball forward well. His stock has definitely gone up in my book.
    Pretty solid performance from Grimaldi too.

Overall good to see a few more names on the sheet stepping up and doing a job. We still almost lost it in that 10 minute period but controlled fairly well after that.

Also the red card was a joke. I thought a yellow was harsh. As soon as they showed that freeze frame though I knew where it was heading. At least its not us on the end of a VAR howler for once, but I feel sorry for O'Shea.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Non-Covid affected crowds (season 2019/20, 20/21 and 21/22) we're looking at 4162 back in 2014/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Crowd looked OK on TV for a Tuesday night, Ref had a pretty good game I thought. Agree that Natta is not playing well and Piscopo gave the effort but lacking in the finishing. We still have gaping holes where Mauragis should be and Natta isn't covering well.
    We looked great on the quick transition and I hope Stanton ditches the Sydney FC slow build up style that we have been playing, but a win's a win
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

TY Brisbane. Giving till the end
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....