Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Australia Cup 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Is this the same Azzuri team that got their pants pulled down by Cardiff 7-1??
    Seemed to be a few of the ressies from Saturday playing.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Seemed to be a few of the ressies from Saturday playing.
    Well that makes it worse for TA

Quick glance at the squad list and it seems Toronto had their fair share of Ressies (4 or 5) playing as well as the Under 18s Goalkeeper. Everyone can put away their pitchforks now. You are welcome GO AWAY.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Quick glance at the squad list and it seems Toronto had their fair share of Ressies (4 or 5) playing as well as the Under 18s Goalkeeper. Everyone can put away their pitchforks now. You are welcome GO AWAY.
    No excuses can justify giving away a 4 goal lead.

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    No excuses can justify giving away a 4 goal lead.
    That?s not good for a club wanting promotion

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Up there, congrats to Hamilton Azzurri.
    Azzurri v Croatia will be interesting
    Hearing they will play at Speers Point which is disappointing.

Hearing they will play at Speers Point which is disappointing.
    Do Azzurri have lights at Hexham? If not I would rather play at Speers Point over the postage stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by NUGUNS View Post
    Do Azzurri have lights at Hexham? If not I would rather play at Speers Point over the postage stamp.
    Obviously not ones good enough for games otherwise why else wouldn?t you play at home.

Any results from tonight

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Any results from tonight
    Croatia 7 Azzurri 0

I think at a minimum there needs to be a conversation on promoting and relegated 2 teams rather then 1 in all Zone League competitions.
    Possibly 5 or 6 teams in zl2 that wouldn't finish in the bottom 2 in zl1.
    Not a good look that a zl2 team putting 7 past a zl1 team. That's nothing against Azzurri, they provided a highlight in the cup last week by knocking over toronto. Croatia are quality, as well as many others in zl2.

Stocko 0-8 Edgy
    Charlestown 7-1 Mayfield

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Croatia 7 Azzurri 0

I think at a minimum there needs to be a conversation on promoting and relegated 2 teams rather then 1 in all Zone League competitions.
    Possibly 5 or 6 teams in zl2 that wouldn't finish in the bottom 2 in zl1.
    Not a good look that a zl2 team putting 7 past a zl1 team. That's nothing against Azzurri, they provided a highlight in the cup last week by knocking over toronto. Croatia are quality, as well as many others in zl2.
    That a a big assumtiin off one game, Croatia were beaten 2 weeks ago in ZL2, so they can?t be that good

I'm suggesting that there is 5 or 6 good teams in zl2 that could compete in zl1. Croatia are one of those teams and the team that beat them Cooks Hill are another of those teams.

It's not a big assumption, the facts are in the scoreline.

I'm suggesting that there is 5 or 6 good teams in zl2 that could compete in zl1. Croatia are one of those teams and the team that beat them Cooks Hill are another of those teams.

It's not a big assumption, the facts are in the scoreline.
    Cup games mean jack 💩 for promotion.
    Promotion is earned over a full season and that?s a football fact.

Kotara 5-2 Cardiff

A lot of nonsense chat coming from cup results.
    The promotion thing is pretty simple, finish first, go up. It doesn’t matter if there are teams in divisions below that could do better than the bottom teams above, that’s not how it works.
    Promotion isn’t supposed to be easy. There’s obviously a few strong squads in ZL2 that could make it in ZL1, but it’s going to be one team that goes through.
    Surely we don’t need to keep bringing this up all season?
    After 3 rounds in ZL2, already Cooks Hill is the only team to have remained undefeated.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Kotara 5-2 Cardiff
    What happened here Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    A lot of nonsense chat coming from cup results.
    The promotion thing is pretty simple, finish first, go up. It doesn’t matter if there are teams in divisions below that could do better than the bottom teams above, that’s not how it works.
    Promotion isn’t supposed to be easy. There’s obviously a few strong squads in ZL2 that could make it in ZL1, but it’s going to be one team that goes through.
    Surely we don’t need to keep bringing this up all season?
    After 3 rounds in ZL2, already Cooks Hill is the only team to have remained undefeated.
    As it's the Australia Cup thread I will leave this conversation with one final comment. I think you missed the main point, I said a conversation should be around having 2 teams promoted and 2 relegated. That's all, I think having even zone league competitions is in the best interests of most. Not too difficult to understand.

As it's the Australia Cup thread I will leave this conversation with one final comment. I think you missed the main point, I said a conversation should be around having 2 teams promoted and 2 relegated. That's all, I think having even zone league competitions is in the best interests of most. Not too difficult to understand.
    I understand perfectly, but the conversation is never ending. And it’s only become relevant for people to talk about because Croatia who have been hot favourites to be promoted the last two seasons, have finished second.
    In years gone by, the conversation was always around the promoted team struggling. Now we want to double the teams coming up?

The whole promotion discussion is evidently one that’s difficult for everyone to agree on. But you are right, this isn’t the thread for it.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I understand perfectly, but the conversation is never ending. And it’s only become relevant for people to talk about because Croatia who have been hot favourites to be promoted the last two seasons, have finished second.
    In years gone by, the conversation was always around the promoted team struggling. Now we want to double the teams coming up?
    Why TF is this convo a bad thing? Its ok to have an opinion of 2 promotion particularly when the 2nd last plays 2nd top in a playoff without your grease falling off your wheels.
    How about you stop being a jerk just because someone suggests something that you dont like.
    There a few more of you on here who sh*t their pants when someone makes an opinion. Give some evidence why you disagree and move on.

Any chat is good chat because thats why this forum is here. To suggest new and different ideas as well a whats happening around the traps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....