Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    this is exactly the kind of attitude that has your players celebrating a win over championship team wigan. celebrating like they'd won the thing ffs. no really, they came from behind to win on penos

if you don't win your 4th place cup wenger must be sacked, surely.
    Yeah, I know I personally wouldn't celebrate if I had beaten a team that for 2 seasons were undefeated in the Cup, and had knocked off 3 other EPL clubs (inc Man Citeh) to get there, and I had just slugged out a 120minute game + penalties to beat. I wouldn't feel happy, excited, relieved or anything.

But pls, allow me to continue to fap over Steven Gerrard saying some swear words in a mini-huddle after a league game now

And FTR my post is/was a pure windup at SB continually pre-emptively tooting his Sp*rs horn, and nothing more.

FWIW I have a feeling Wenger will ask to leave after the FA Cup final, regardless of what happens in the league (or even in the cup). I don't want him to ever leave, regardless of what real and/or imaginary cups he leads us to - but I think he's ready to retire.

If he does leave, my wishlist of coaches to replace him would be something like Klopp, De Boer (+ his entire staff), and I have NFI who else.
    OK

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...rsenal-3407086

Doesn't seem to be that bad of a move either.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Yeah, I know I personally wouldn't celebrate if I had beaten a team that for 2 seasons were undefeated in the Cup, and had knocked off 3 other EPL clubs (inc Man Citeh) to get there, and I had just slugged out a 120minute game + penalties to beat. I wouldn't feel happy, excited, relieved or anything.
    m8 it's wigan get real ffs

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    m8 it's wigan get real ffs
    Tbh I thought I was being pretty real, is any of what I said untrue?

After all is said and done, we survived the final hurdle before getting us to the Cup Final. Another chance to end our 9 year drought. Snaek is wrong - we didn't celebrate like we had won the cup. When (if?) we win it, the celebrations will be much much more hectic.

Let's all stop picking on Arsenal, and comment on one of our 20+ liverpool fan friends who are not walking alone thanks to their hashtag that I've seen after every single little victory this year #YAWN
    OK

Tbh I thought I was being pretty real, is any of what I said untrue?

After all is said and done, we survived the final hurdle before getting us to the Cup Final. Another chance to end our 9 year drought. Snaek is wrong - we didn't celebrate like we had won the cup. When (if?) we win it, the celebrations will be much much more hectic.

Let's all stop picking on Arsenal, and comment on one of our 20+ liverpool fan friends who are not walking alone thanks to their hashtag that I've seen after every single little victory this year #YAWN
    Jealousy is a curse, enjoy the Europa League.

#YNWA
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    enjoy 2nd
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Snake, st tots is a gooner tradition purely about taking the piss.

And I'd take celebrating a win over Wigan to make the final for the first time in years over losing to them like city did.
    I do believe man Utd celebrated beating them in the charity shield earlier this season too.

was just on a wind up. i don't really give a shit, like.
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    enjoy 2nd
    Moyes.

FWIW I have a feeling Wenger will ask to leave after the FA Cup final, regardless of what happens in the league (or even in the cup). I don't want him to ever leave, regardless of what real and/or imaginary cups he leads us to - but I think he's ready to retire.
    finishing 4th will keep him just interested enough to stay

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    I was never against liverpool until the carry on by their "fans" now that theyre doing well. Now I hope Chelsea rape them viciously. Except I love Snake and don't want to see him hurt. So all in all it's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    I was never against liverpool until the carry on by their "fans" now that theyre doing well. Now I hope Chelsea rape them viciously. Except I love Snake and don't want to see him hurt. So all in all it's tough.
    20 years of nothing. Let us enjoy it. We'll win one for Stevie and then we can drop back to 5th for a while.
    Curious what "carry on" there is though? That Man U, arsenal, city and Chelsea fans haven't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    20 years of nothing. Let us enjoy it. We'll win one for Stevie and then we can drop back to 5th for a while.
    Curious what "carry on" there is though? That Man U, arsenal, city and Chelsea fans haven't done.
    More than any other club Liverpool fans come out of the woodwork when things are going well.
    I've had countless convos at work while wearing my arsenal shirt that go like this....

Them: "oh, you go for arsenal"
    Me : "yep, always will"
    Them: "but they haven't won for ages"
    Me: "true, but you never stop supporting, who do you follow?"
    Them: "Liverpool mate, they're doing well, might have to find my old shirt if they win it"

For every Liverpool fan like Furns or Todd who wear their club on their sleeve through thick and thin theirs about 30'who hide in the shadows and come out when things are looking bright.

I hope 'pool win it. Only because the other options are teams who have tried to buy it.

Palace <3
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    More than any other club Liverpool fans come out of the woodwork when things are going well.
    I've had countless convos at work while wearing my arsenal shirt that go like this....

Them: "oh, you go for arsenal"
    Me : "yep, always will"
    Them: "but they haven't won for ages"
    Me: "true, but you never stop supporting, who do you follow?"
    Them: "Liverpool mate, they're doing well, might have to find my old shirt if they win it"

For every Liverpool fan like Furns or Todd who wear their club on their sleeve through thick and thin theirs about 30'who hide in the shadows and come out when things are looking bright.

I hope 'pool win it. Only because the other options are teams who have tried to buy it.
    That's true. But it's the same with most clubs. Where are all those Man U fans now? Definitely not as vocal as this time last year.
    I just hope Chelsea don't win it. Least city play some attacking football and don't park the bus at 1-0.
    I would've even preferred arsenal as they were the highlights reel at the start of the season.
    I think a lot of neutral supporters are following liverpool this season as they are playing attacking football, and they are
    Exciting games compared to the Chelsea park the bus at 1-0 tactic.

I suppose I've had a sore point about closet Liverpool fans since Michael Owen beat us in the fa cup.

I was at the usual fa cup piss up with the club I playing for at the time, three gunners fans, four Liverpool fans, all openly admitting their allegiances at kick off.....and all season.

Come full time about 20 closet 'pool fans take off their coats and reveal Liverpool kit and get in your face "I knew we'd beat you" and start singing YNWA.... And get the ****ing words wrong.

I can't stand closet fans who only stick their heads out in good times, I know most clubs have them and I'm sure arsenal have our fair lot, but 'pool seem to have the most..... No doubt due to their success in the 80's

Agree with you Gav. There has been a huge increase in people acknowledging they are fans since we have been winning. I have always had the rule that I only wear my jersey in public the day after a loss as I am happy to support my team in the bad times. You can see this is true as I keep turning up to watch the jets week after week ;-)

such jealousy.

if ozil is worth 42m pounds (he's not), what was suarez worth? (hint: it's not 50m and 1 pounds)
    we will loose

apparently spurs were going to sign suarez at one point too.

did anyone see bale's goal this morning?
    we will loose

if ozil is worth 42m pounds (he's not), what was suarez worth? (hint: it's not 50m and 1 pounds)
    Firstly, Arsenal bid 40m + 1 pound, not 50m + 1 pound.

Secondly, is "player value" actually a thing? A player is worth what a club is willing to spend on them. Everyone knew Arsenal had a "war chest" of money, so instantly other clubs know/knew they can drive prices up when Arsenal come knocking on the door. Same with Man City - their prices are inflated because everyone knows they pay for players with straight up oil. Ozil was so "expensive" because he had multiple clubs interested (inc Sp*rs) - which in itself drives his "value" up. Even though RM spent 100mil on Bale, they didn't necessarily need to sell Ozil. They were only ever going to do so for the right amount of money - which changes his value as well, because if it were a club who were desperate for cash the value would have been lower. Before coming to Arsenal, Ozil was one of the best players in the world - he still is. Before his injury, he had some phenomenal games that won some crucial games. Also Arsenal got Flamini on a free - when IMO he was worth at least 10m (he's been unreal - Arsene even apologized that he didn't spend money on him). When Arsenal signed Flamini, Sanogo & Ozil collectively for 42m in the offseason, I think they will feel pretty validated in doing so.

And somewhere in there is the whole we've sold a shit-tonne of shirts with Ozil on the back.

And the Suarez thing - yeah he's a great player, yeah he's had a killer season. But he was suspended for the first 7 games, and was a proven liability. He was and is a risky potential signing to anyone - Liverpool have just been lucky that he's calmed down and had a freakish season that rivals Henry's from way back when. You talk about the stats, the odds, the whole gambling thing a bit so I assume you're researched in it somewhat - Suarez was a gamble (that luckily for Pool paid off).

Also also also - if Liverpool can pay 35m for Carroll, paying 7m more for Ozil isn't outrageous at all

tl;dr in summary:

Let's talk about how Sp*rs spent 100m
    Last edited by pv4; 17-04-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    OK