Page 79 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1927

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Chelsea to Arsenal:
    Čech- FA CUP 1
    Benayoun - 0
    Gallas - 0
    Diarra - 0

Arsenal to Chelsea
    Giroud - Fa Cup, Europa 2
    Fàbregas - EPLx2, FA Cup, Eng Cup 4
    Anelka - Fa Cup x2 EPL 3
    Cole - EPL, CL, EL, Fa Cupx4, Eng Cup 8
    Petit - 0

see, it gotta start evening out soon right?
    Anelka doesnt really count does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Anelka doesnt really count does it?
    im just here for the gags mate dont rely on me for any accuracy
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

i like Guendouzi and always have all of my life as an Arsenal FC football club lifelong fan.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

i like Guendouzi and always have all of my life as an Arsenal FC football club lifelong fan.
    If we can get 40m for Iwobez, we can sell Guendouzi for 100m to PSG in about a year or two.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    If we can get 40m for Iwobez, we can sell Guendouzi for 100m to PSG in about a year or two.
    He's currently rated at like £60 million by some stats website. He's like the 5th most expensive teenager value-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Definitely gonna win the league now. Unassailable lead after that win realistically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Definitely gonna win the league now. Unassailable lead after that win realistically.
    Honestly ever since plaguesey scouted a young 9 year old Ceballos this was set in stone, really.
    OK

My thoughts on the game player by player

Leno is very safe. When a defence in front of him gels and learns to deal with set pieces and crosses better, we will have no issues from his whatsoever.

AMN is the best of the three young guys but he is still a year or two off. It's nice to know we have Hector coming in. AMN you just know is going to get caught out.

Luiz was fairly wasteful but also very brilliant. His directness helps compensate for Guendozzi's lackthereof. He will find Laca, Auba and Pepe directly and create a lot of chances for us.

I thought Sokratis worked well with Luiz and was the defensive leveller for him. Honestly I liked Chambers last week so was sad to see him benched but the two CBs last night did fine.

Monreal his usual self, not a lot of flashy moments and versatile to move to a back three.

Nelson was poor. Their goal came from a counter directly off his wastefulness. Replacing him with Pepe will be good.

Willock was not much better. He only had one decent pass all game, the cut back to Torreira. It will be interesting to see how we can fit both Mesut & Ceballos together, and Willock will be the casualty in that exchange.

Guendozzi is terrific, but as mentioned previously he doesn't pass forward a whole lot. We trust him by putting him in some potentially dangerous situations particularly in our own defensive third but he handles it with composure no one so young should have. If we can get him moving forward he will be a terrific overall player.

Ceballos was very exciting. He is like a mix between Santi and Arteta, the latter more because of his height, looks and squad number rof. May have played a fault in the Burnley goal but made up for it with his general contribution to the rest of the game. He has really threatened Mesut's ease of return to the squad, he seemingly has no place in it if Ceballos can maintain that form.

Auba and Laca are both truly outstanding forwards and both created goals from nothing last night. I have no reservations in saying they are both world class. We struggle to find how to play them together, that is our only major issue.

Pepe needs time to gel with the team but once he does I think that will be one of the best front threes we have seen at the club ever, potentially.
    OK

Honestly ever since plaguesey scouted a young 9 year old Ceballos this was set in stone, really.
    yeah this is true and correct.
    also, seeing as though im gonna collect on my Auba 20 goals bet by Christmas might just get you all something small.

Like Spurs trophy cabinet.

boom. caaaarrrnnn the Arsenals.
    Seems like I am WRONG

My thoughts on the game player by player

Leno is very safe. When a defence in front of him gels and learns to deal with set pieces and crosses better, we will have no issues from his whatsoever.

AMN is the best of the three young guys but he is still a year or two off. It's nice to know we have Hector coming in. AMN you just know is going to get caught out.

Luiz was fairly wasteful but also very brilliant. His directness helps compensate for Guendozzi's lackthereof. He will find Laca, Auba and Pepe directly and create a lot of chances for us.

I thought Sokratis worked well with Luiz and was the defensive leveller for him. Honestly I liked Chambers last week so was sad to see him benched but the two CBs last night did fine.

Monreal his usual self, not a lot of flashy moments and versatile to move to a back three.

Nelson was poor. Their goal came from a counter directly off his wastefulness. Replacing him with Pepe will be good.

Willock was not much better. He only had one decent pass all game, the cut back to Torreira. It will be interesting to see how we can fit both Mesut & Ceballos together, and Willock will be the casualty in that exchange.

Guendozzi is terrific, but as mentioned previously he doesn't pass forward a whole lot. We trust him by putting him in some potentially dangerous situations particularly in our own defensive third but he handles it with composure no one so young should have. If we can get him moving forward he will be a terrific overall player.

Ceballos was very exciting. He is like a mix between Santi and Arteta, the latter more because of his height, looks and squad number rof. May have played a fault in the Burnley goal but made up for it with his general contribution to the rest of the game. He has really threatened Mesut's ease of return to the squad, he seemingly has no place in it if Ceballos can maintain that form.

Auba and Laca are both truly outstanding forwards and both created goals from nothing last night. I have no reservations in saying they are both world class. We struggle to find how to play them together, that is our only major issue.

Pepe needs time to gel with the team but once he does I think that will be one of the best front threes we have seen at the club ever, potentially.

Agree with a lot of this.

Luiz was at fault for the goal by dropping off both the player and the defensive/offside line. Even Barnes thought he would have been offside there.

Nelson will do well off the bench, but isn't smart enough to be a starter. Needs to play against tired legs for now.

Monreal was MOTM for me, he sorted out the backline more often than not, gave Ceballos plenty of good ball and was strong as an ox as usual. La Cabra is still our best LB right now. Hopefully Tierney is better than him when he gets fit.

Willock looks good but not great. Guendo is allowed to not be a super passer as he is constantly making defensive contributions, Willock is meant to be the passer, he was way too slow to make a decision, unlike Ceballos.

I think against Liverpool we might play Guendo - Torreira - Ceballos in midfield. That's got better balance than what he had last night.

Also... **** our strikers are good.

Toot toot, all aboard the Ceballos hypetrain. I particularly adore the comparisons to Ramsey in here:
    https://www.football365.com/news/oh-...enals-new-hero
    OK

Why wasn't Kane booked for that lame ass dive at the end there?

It's a textbook yellow yeah?

Get f****d

It's a great question..
    Frodo has been losing his sh!t about it all morning..

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Get f****d
    Lumbering oaf.
    Most overrated player in the Prem.

Kudos to Spurs management though as they embark on selling him to Madrid and sucker them into chucking another enormous albatross around their neck.

Whenever it says 'Spurs' on the caller ID, Madrid just gotta resist the temptation to pick up and they gotta let it go through to to voicemail.

Am I doing it right yet fellow life long gunnerers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    It's a great question..
    Frodo has been losing his sh!t about it all morning..
    Oh if it was a player with a South American sounding name the card would be out quicker than Hawks AMEX at the titty bar.

Lumbering oaf.
    Most overrated player in the Prem.
    Can you put me onto your dealer Plague? He must sell some quality gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Can you put me onto your dealer Plague? He must sell some quality gear.
    First the Russian bots, now you're trying to Narc me out.

I see you SB.

Oh if it was a player with a South American sounding name the card would be out quicker than Hawks AMEX at the titty bar.
    Quality post sir. Have some reputation points.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast