Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1128

Thread: General Horse Racing Thread

it would be great if it actually was the 10 best sprinters in the world, but it's just more of the same really. restrictive quarantine rules and the fact that the rest of the world probably doesn't care about sprinters as much as we do might be the issue. i'm more excited the st. leger is back.

i think randwick gets a pretty bad rap. skip and i were there for the QEII and set up down the end. booze is cheap, boobs are plentiful. just needs a screen out in the front yard actually playing the races

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    i think randwick gets a pretty bad rap. skip and i were there for the QEII and set up down the end. booze is cheap, boobs are plentiful. just needs a screen out in the front yard actually playing the races
    We will also be doing it again for the epsom if anyone is keen.

Course is nice (haven't been since new grandstands got done), is accessible (a miracle for Sydney) and the bookies were always good (I met Kate Waterhouse in the betting ring one day I couldn't talk oh my god she is a beautiful human being).

Sorry.

But yeah most of the crowd are wankers and the security is a joke. We got kicked out once because a very drunk girl tripped up the stairs (100m away) and we had a giggle to ourselves. Seccos were over straight away and turfed us because 'she might have a boyfriend who might have heard us laugh then it might cause trouble'.
    The drunk girl didn't get kicked out.

Regardless, **** Sydney races.

Although Randwick does pay proper respect to the mighty Flying Spur so yeah I'll give it a pass.

it would be great if it actually was the 10 best sprinters in the world, but it's just more of the same really. restrictive quarantine rules and the fact that the rest of the world probably doesn't care about sprinters as much as we do might be the issue. i'm more excited the st. leger is back.

just booked Hong Kong International Races for the 10th of dec, got return airfares for me and the misso for 1700 through qantas

get around it

Memsie looks like fun but the Foz gave the general public Vega Magic and the public duly responded.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

2.4 no thanks

2.4 no thanks
    how dumb am i

Orright: victoria derby plays?

Ace High was ridden a peach today by angland even though he whacked fark out of it, Main Stage was great today - as was Cliffs Edge.

some tough horses, but whether there's real superstars this year, the jury is out

How's the lads getting both Melbourne and Sydney quaddie up yesterday.

Sydney was $20 for $25 return
    Melbourne was $20 for $640 return

100% of Melbourne quaddies was 18.5k

Thoughts on the Everest this weekend? Anyone care to share?

To be honest I have no idea how the race is going to unfold.

There is a stack of speed up front but if they go too hard could set it up for the Grey Flash to run over the top of them which they wont want.

I am on Redkirk and Vega Magic at close to $30's so will be happy to sit and watch.

I'm actually more interested to see how Bonneval goes today than how the The Everest pans out.
    From what I've seen so far Bonneval might be the best Kiwi filly/mare I've seen since Horlicks.
    It's a shame they are aiming her at the Caulfield Cup though because I think she'd make the Cox Plate a lot more interesting.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-10-2017 at 09:38 AM.

brave smash e/w - will tag onto the hot speed and the others will fall away and he'll bradbury into a place

left field: English to get the gun run and win by 3L

I'd be very surprised if English got up to win today.
    I would not be surprised though to see She Will Reign get the money.

Warning: Current KOTH Wooden Spoon Holder.

Watched Johannes Vermeer whilst scoring at cricket. Missed an over but got the thing at $13 for the Caulfield Cup, before they got back to scale and the fixed price market changed.

What an impressive first up run in Aus.

brave smash e/w - will tag onto the hot speed and the others will fall away and he'll bradbury into a place
    guess who didn't take his own advice, and guess who didn't take tosen stardom...there is not enough rope in the world

guess who didn't take his own advice, and guess who didn't take tosen stardom...there is not enough rope in the world
    Yes - you have been talking him up for a long time.

23.52 for the last 400m carrying 57kg and sitting wide most of the race as well. On his day he's top class.

Would they have a shot at the Caulfield Cup with him ? Mile form is very good for that race.

going to the cox plate

better chance of a payoff with the likelihood of a tiny field as compared to a caulfield cup which they already have Admire Deus running in

i'm on for a packet on AD for the cups double into a winx cox plate. reckon i can probably stop that train as well
    Last edited by q-money; 16-10-2017 at 02:37 PM.

i'm on for a packet on AD for the cups double into a winx cox plate. reckon i can probably stop that train as well
    Are you ok?