Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2222

Thread: 2013 NBN State League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    so is there promotion-relegation next year ? or are clubs guaranteed a couple of years in the NPL ?....I've heard both stories
    2 years then relegation in the 3rd

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    remington should be classed as a switching player,
    Grey area being the Jets Yoof are competing in the same comp I know. But the system is not designed to punish the blokes who go into the elite pathways and not make it and come back or the clubs who pick them up

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    remington should be classed as a switching player,
    Why? Wouldn't he count as a "Pathway Player", as Faj and Abe would have for Cardiff and Lambton respectively? I take it the Youth aren't going to be restricted to this point value system (let's just ignore whether that's right or wrong ATM) either, so players moving from them shouldn't be classified as a player moving from Olympic to Weston, for example.

And dammit, the Member beat me.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Why? Wouldn't he count as a "Pathway Player", as Faj and Abe would have for Cardiff and Lambton respectively? I take it the Youth aren't going to be restricted to this point value system (let's just ignore whether that's right or wrong ATM) either, so players moving from them shouldn't be classified as a player moving from Olympic to Weston, for example.

if nnswf allow them to move without penalty then maybe nnswf should allocate them a club, if the jets release say 2 players then that allows only 2 clubs, or one, to pick up a free player, hardly fair, pathway players are only counted when returning to your previous club,

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Grey area being the Jets Yoof are competing in the same comp I know. But the system is not designed to punish the blokes who go into the elite pathways and not make it and come back or the clubs who pick them up
    I think your right about it being a grey area and I think there may be some interesting decisions in the future about players returning to the NPL as Pathway Players.

My reading of insert below taken from the document is that it is designed for players returning to their original club otherwise they are considered switching players.

"No penalty for players who have left a club, joined a pathway team and subsequently returned to the club"

I think this would more than likely be to reward the original club for the players "junior development" and stop other clubs from grabbing them as they come back out of the Elite programs and reaping the rewards.

I do acknowledge though that I have not read the document in any great depth so I am willing to concede others know far more than me

I am positive Remington will pick up the 8 points. I was told the 8 points isn't applied only if for eg kale was at magic,went to the jets,then returned to magic again so he would only be a 10 point player in that situation. If he went magic to jets and then signed with jaffas he would be 18 points

You're probably right under the that classification, but I am interested to officially see if Youth players will attract the transfer penalty. Also, we should remember that the 8 points is only if they played more than 5 games (Remington will, he played 14 games).
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

You're probably right under the that classification, but I am interested to officially see if Youth players will attract the transfer penalty. Also, we should remember that the 8 points is only if they played more than 5 games (Remington will, he played 14 games).
    If the 'ELITE' Jets have let players 'GO' because they are not in their plans or they do not see the potential in that player anymore then under the NPL's mantra that player returning to a club could be taking up the spot of another up an coming talent. The Jets should be treated just like any other club... if said player returned to the Jets because the Jets changed coaches that renewed their interest in that player then they should not be penalised under the points system, but a player that has played for the Jets through all levels of their development that is then discarded should be penalised for switching clubs. You can not have rules for one and ignore for the other. Kale's example is spot on, he came through Magic ranks, only Magic should be benefit for that development investment.

When players leave the elite pathway, its highly unlikely that the player will ever again participate in some type of national/interstate representation that all this NPL, U22's etc has been developed for. Its sad but, you had your chance, but we cant hold the door open anymore. its the same for any state league player from now on that... is over 25... may not get on with a new coach of a club... may move for from their original home/club for work and desire to change clubs for convenience. NPL= We don't care for these people.

A lot of these kids coming out of the jets will not have played for a club since U9's. Most will have joined their respective Assoc rep team and moved directly to the NNSWIS and jets program's.

Was at the awards night last night, and i cannot understand how Charlestown got club of the year. This has got to be a major fk up right? Who made this decision, on what criteria, and who was the oversight on it? There needs to be a sacking for this. Surely Jaffas, Magic, or Edgeworth, deserved this award? BUT Charlestown??? I mean they didnt make the top six, got more cards that most of the top 6 teams, have surely not been voted up by the refs, have done nothing to their ground or facility, have not shown any major youth progress... This has me stumped. Sure heads must roll. What an embarrassment for Northern to be making such blunders such as this.

Doesn't champion club work off the results of all grades 17, 19, 23 and firsts. Not sure of the weighting for each grade though.

No, looking at ladders that don't work.
    Last edited by Beast; 14-09-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Doesn't champion club work off the results of all grades 17, 19, 23 and firsts. Not sure of the weighting for each grade though.

No, looking at ladders that don't work.
    Not Club Championship, they won Club of the Year, thats right, Club of the Year. What the fk is the criteria to win Club of the Year? Surely it would be one of the top six at least... Edgy won Club Championship...

I was told today that "club of the year" was the team with the least amount of yellow cards.

Aka the fair play award, I guess. Odd
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    Was at the awards night last night, and i cannot understand how Charlestown got club of the year. This has got to be a major fk up right? Who made this decision, on what criteria, and who was the oversight on it? There needs to be a sacking for this. Surely Jaffas, Magic, or Edgeworth, deserved this award? BUT Charlestown??? I mean they didnt make the top six, got more cards that most of the top 6 teams, have surely not been voted up by the refs, have done nothing to their ground or facility, have not shown any major youth progress... This has me stumped. Sure heads must roll. What an embarrassment for Northern to be making such blunders such as this.
    Not entirely sure of the criteria but might want to check your facts on who made the top 6 first of all, secondly how can you possibly know they got more cards than the top 6? That's a really big call to make. Just a though but maybe there was off field criteria which you have no idea about, things such as junior development etc.
    Maybe someone a little more clued up and with some more sense could fill us in on the full criteria

Quote Originally Posted by jets04 View Post
    Not entirely sure of the criteria but might want to check your facts on who made the top 6 first of all, secondly how can you possibly know they got more cards than the top 6? That's a really big call to make. Just a though but maybe there was off field criteria which you have no idea about, things such as junior development etc.
    Maybe someone a little more clued up and with some more sense could fill us in on the full criteria

Ok they were in the top six equal points with Southy, but didnt make the top five, ie the finals series. Cards = educated guess... take that as you will. Junior development you got to be kidding right? Agree lets see the criteria.
    CURRENT LADDER
    POS TEAM P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Broadmeadow Magic FC 18 11 3 4 44 29 15 36
    2 Lambton Jaffas FC 18 9 5 4 38 23 15 32
    3 Hamilton Olympic FC 18 9 3 6 40 23 17 30
    4 Edgeworth FC 18 8 5 5 38 30 8 29
    5 Weston Workers FC 18 7 6 5 28 35 -7 27
    6 Charlestown City Blues FC 18 7 5 6 51 50 1 26
    7 South Cardiff FC 18 7 5 6 27 27 0 26
    8 Lake Macquarie City FC 18 5 4 9 30 34 -4 19
    9 Newcastle Jets Youth 18 4 3 11 31 40 -9 15
    10 Valentine FC 18 2 3 13 18 54 -36 9

FFS. There's 250pts for next year yeah? Assuming the attached post is accurate, the Jaffas have 48 points to play with for next year. Remington has signed, so theres 10 point plus 8 for switching (if he attracts that, due to playing for the Jets), so 230, leaving 20, possibly 28, left over. Plenty to sign 1-3 more, assuming no one leaves the Jaffas, and loyalty bonuses aren't activated, which I am not privy to. I suggest you do some research before commenting on other clubs.
    WOW... Hard to believe that the Jaffas can keep this points under the allotted criteria, not a criticism but with so many players coming their way i just thought it was not possible, good luck to them though, and assuming most of the Jaffas team have not come through the ranks, you have to assume that you can still put a team together? Taking Jobe for example one must assume that he enters the team as a marquee player but in reality he has finished his a-league career, did not progress to the jets directly from his junior club, but attracts no penalty because of his marquee status? Does his age count on his weighting? How many seasons will the marquee player status be upheld? How many marquee players can you have? Seeing this table leaves me more confused. Will these club rankings and individual player points be made public, or will this be a typically kept private matter for Northern eyes only?

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    That means Adamstown will come 2nd, as Jaffas were tipped to come last and ended up second.
    But the Jaffas had the Coach of the Year Tanchevski... The question is will Jaffas comes first...

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    WOW... Hard to believe that the Jaffas can keep this points under the allotted criteria, not a criticism but with so many players coming their way i just thought it was not possible, good luck to them though, and assuming most of the Jaffas team have not come through the ranks, you have to assume that you can still put a team together? Taking Jobe for example one must assume that he enters the team as a marquee player but in reality he has finished his a-league career, did not progress to the jets directly from his junior club, but attracts no penalty because of his marquee status? Does his age count on his weighting? How many seasons will the marquee player status be upheld? How many marquee players can you have? Seeing this table leaves me more confused. Will these club rankings and individual player points be made public, or will this be a typically kept private matter for Northern eyes only?
    The clubs will be able to scrutinise each others points tally and raise objections with the federation at that stage. Word I heard was that the Federation would only look if an objection was raised.

I still think there will be some very creative management of this points system. 15 first graders, 5 "promoted" under 19s. Change the 15 first graders as necessary.
    I don't see many clubs putting forward their BEST 20 players.....Will soon see when the rules regarding this come out, i hope.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I still think there will be some very creative management of this points system. 15 first graders, 5 "promoted" under 19s. Change the 15 first graders as necessary.
    I don't see many clubs putting forward their BEST 20 players.....Will soon see when the rules regarding this come out, i hope.

I am sure there will be some creative work done to start with. As clubs embrace the new model and in time they will not need to try and circumvent it as they will be well within the parameters of it anyway.

The clubs that attempt to circumvent the system with some creative accounting need to be sorted out. They are obviously not working at making their clubs the best they can be and are taking shortcuts. The people running these clubs need punting as they are not looking after footballs best interests