Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    There are too many stupid rules ref's are told to enforce that are well stupid.
    there are a few stupid rules they are told to enforce - but keeper shorts being black or your team colour isn't even a rule, nor are they told to enforce it.

i was at the zone leagues meeting when russel henry from NF put the keepers gear to rest - at the meeting it was decided that keepers could wear any shirts, shorts & socks they wanted as long as the shirt and socks didn't clash with their own team, the oppositions team, the oppositions gk or the refs. his words were "if a keeper wants to wear something ridiculous like fluro green shirt, fluro green shorts & fluro green socks, he can if he wants. why he would want to, i don't know, but that's ok". a few weeks/months later he sent out an email saying that they had re-decided that keepers now had to wear team socks, so couldn't wear whatever socks they wanted. the shorts were never brought up again.

in football, teams are allowed to wear clashing shorts. see the a-league - brisbane don't even have an alternate coloured pair of shorts because they don't need to change regardless of what shorts the opposition wear. both teams, both gks, and all refs could wear black shorts and it would be fine. this is why the fifa-regulated rule doesn't really make sense about under-shorts skins/compression gear needing to be the same colour as the shorts, seeing as though it doesn't matter what colours shorts teams wear.

the ref you guys had sounds a little loco. if he cuts a half short without reason, do you cut his match payments? does he understand that in first grade the whole stoppage time thing actually exists?

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Cabaye#4
    Did u hear anything bout the ref apparently writing a report about the Tenambit crowd?? some sort of whisper went around at the end of the game.

And was anyone from ur team aware we not only played less then 45mins a half in first but they were not two equal halfs as the ref mentioned he was cutting the second half shorter because he hadn't had dinner yet. ( his words) For a ref so worried about all the stupid rules in the game (I.e the colour of my gk shorts)
    he then decides to not follow the one bout two equal halfs of playing time. But I must admit I had too laugh at some of the situations he created haha.
    Less said about the refs the better. Amazing we had 3, shame they were terrible.
    Reserves played 35 minute halves, 1st grade played 40 monites each way due to reserves starting late after the lights fiasco, and 1sts was late due to team sheet not being ready apparently.
    They also reported both teamsheets were late being handed in to the refs (10 mins & 13 mins) so we'll probly get fined for that. Thanks refs. Didnt see any commemts about the crowd tho.

And i was talking about your first 2 goals. I didnt see the 3rd, but i heard it was a gem.
    Our keeper slipped over inside the 6 yard box for your first, and the second our defender opted against kicking it out, turned in the box, then kicked it straight to your player on the edge of the box... then he belted it home, but it was abysmal defending...
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Less said about the refs the better. Amazing we had 3, shame they were terrible.
    Reserves played 35 minute halves, 1st grade played 40 monites each way due to reserves starting late after the lights fiasco, and 1sts was late due to team sheet not being ready apparently.
    They also reported both teamsheets were late being handed in to the refs (10 mins & 13 mins) so we'll probly get fined for that. Thanks refs. Didnt see any commemts about the crowd tho.

And i was talking about your first 2 goals. I didnt see the 3rd, but i heard it was a gem.
    Our keeper slipped over inside the 6 yard box for your first, and the second our defender opted against kicking it out, turned in the box, then kicked it straight to your player on the edge of the box... then he belted it home, but it was abysmal defending...
    Ah i see were u are coming from now. I was just shocked our captain got it on target the lead up went missing from my memory.
    Not sure how the team sheets were late to them we went to add an extra player to it and make a change to our starting team well before kickoff and they already had them in their pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    does he understand that in first grade the whole stoppage time thing actually exists?
    Not sure if he still played stoppage time after deciding he was only playing 80 minutes in first grade.
    I dont loke to complain about refs, i prefer to talk about football, but they took away 20 minutes of football last night, and maybe by the letter of the law they were entitled to (are they?), but who here can say that their games have started on time every week? Or that their teamsheets have been completed and signed 30 minutes prior to kickoff every week?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    there are a few stupid rules they are told to enforce - but keeper shorts being black or your team colour isn't even a rule, nor are they told to enforce it.

i was at the zone leagues meeting when russel henry from NF put the keepers gear to rest - at the meeting it was decided that keepers could wear any shirts, shorts & socks they wanted as long as the shirt and socks didn't clash with their own team, the oppositions team, the oppositions gk or the refs. his words were "if a keeper wants to wear something ridiculous like fluro green shirt, fluro green shorts & fluro green socks, he can if he wants. why he would want to, i don't know, but that's ok". a few weeks/months later he sent out an email saying that they had re-decided that keepers now had to wear team socks, so couldn't wear whatever socks they wanted. the shorts were never brought up again.

in football, teams are allowed to wear clashing shorts. see the a-league - brisbane don't even have an alternate coloured pair of shorts because they don't need to change regardless of what shorts the opposition wear. both teams, both gks, and all refs could wear black shorts and it would be fine. this is why the fifa-regulated rule doesn't really make sense about under-shorts skins/compression gear needing to be the same colour as the shorts, seeing as though it doesn't matter what colours shorts teams wear.

the ref you guys had sounds a little loco. if he cuts a half short without reason, do you cut his match payments? does he understand that in first grade the whole stoppage time thing actually exists?
    Mate im at a loss with all these apparent rules they keep spiting out (or making up) i went above and beyond at the start of the season to find out what was appropriate to wear and what the rules stated after i have had many lets say discussions with refs over the years. And never once have i seen that rule or ever been called for it. Socks yes iv now found out have to match but that was it.

probably the best performance of the season from Olympic yesterday against a solid merewether side. Our weapon of a striker scored a hat-trick and was causing the defence headaches all game, could of scored 5. We created some nice chances and hit the post a couple of times so a good day for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong View Post
    probably the best performance of the season from Olympic yesterday against a solid merewether side. Our weapon of a striker scored a hat-trick and was causing the defence headaches all game, could of scored 5. We created some nice chances and hit the post a couple of times so a good day for us.
    He certainly can play and was the difference on the day. Pretty good game overall in firsts - both teams had quite a few chances and some good passages of play at times. Was a good day at darlo with many of the Olympic boys having played with merewether over the past few years. Looking forward to the reverse fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbery View Post
    He certainly can play and was the difference on the day. Pretty good game overall in firsts - both teams had quite a few chances and some good passages of play at times. Was a good day at darlo with many of the Olympic boys having played with merewether over the past few years. Looking forward to the reverse fixture.
    cheers, always a good game against a nice bunch of blokes and i know the boys that played there always speak highly of their time with merewether.

Tenambit v Westlakes end up playing last night?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Tenambit v Westlakes end up playing last night?
    Nah in a thread re catch up games it said it was called off hopeful to play it next week

Potential relegation battle at shark park this wend!!! That's only if a glass of water doesn't get spilt on the field and makes the ground unplayable.....

The fact.
    If the city blues(maroons for strip critics) finally click this week from the start of the game instead of waiting to be behind before having a go it will be a cricket score.big,flat ground only says city blues win.This going into a huge second round all at home says city blues at number 1 come finals time.

Quote Originally Posted by whANTite View Post
    Potential relegation battle at shark park this wend!!! That's only if a glass of water doesn't get spilt on the field and makes the ground unplayable.....
    Hope tenambit get relegated and Stockton get promoted so we can finally have the real sharks in this comp. Plus we can play at the real shark park that we all know is corroba oval. Calling a team the sharks when it's 40 mins in land should be banned! Pretenders!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Hope tenambit get relegated and Stockton get promoted so we can finally have the real sharks in this comp. Plus we can play at the real shark park that we all know is corroba oval. Calling a team the sharks when it's 40 mins in land should be banned! Pretenders!!
    Played against stocko when they were in the top tier....beat them 3-2 from memory...was a great game with a lot of top players on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember learning that Tenambit derived its name from the local indigenous dialect, meaning "shark".

Since the nearby Morpeth was once a bustling river port, I would make the assumption that perhaps sharks could have been spotted in the river a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by whANTite View Post
    So do u think this mornings surprise rainfall might be a problem?
    Surely it hasnt rained enuf to cancel any games.

Our ground at Shark Park is very slow at recovery and the council are quick to close the ground but I can 90% garentee we will be playing.
    And wolfman u are absolutely correct with where we got Shark from. Id say league 3 forum a bit quite so they trying to get a bit from us.

Jesmond park is fine at this stage but hopefully the rain buggers off!!!!!!

Pfft stocko with its million and one white pointers takes the cake. We eat fins for breakfast!

just a little bit of history of tenambit to clear the air. As wolfman said we got the name Shark from indigenous dialect. We have also been around with the name Shark for 36 years and still counting. And have had the colours red and blue for all 36 of those years.