Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1061

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Ima lol at this comment now considering charlie beat olympic twice, beat westlakes once and drew, beat uni once, and drew other to decide minor premiership on the final day, THEN pumped the minor premiers 7-2 on aggregate. Then strolled home 3-0 against a typically grubby olympic side.
    One sent off after the final whistle, few other cheap shots during the game, and quality comments from their bench telling their players to try and injure our 1st grade keeper so he couldnt play afterwards. "Kick him so he wont play 1st grade"
    What a disgrace. Disappointing our average finishing didnt give them the 6 goal drubbing they deserved.
    I was basing my comments on performances against us. But I'm glad I was wrong. Hope you guys aren't too sore this morning after last nites partying.
    As for your comments about their grubyness, it was a similar story in our semis against them. Wasn't suprised to hear that player get sent after the game after his displaces during and after our semis.
    I gotto admit I didn't mind talking to a few of their guys just that a few others carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    I was basing my comments on performances against us. But I'm glad I was wrong. Hope you guys aren't too sore this morning after last nites partying.
    As for your comments about their grubyness, it was a similar story in our semis against them. Wasn't suprised to hear that player get sent after the game after his displaces during and after our semis.
    I gotto admit I didn't mind talking to a few of their guys just that a few others carry on.
    I'm in the same boat. A few of the guys are quite nice, level headed blokes, and good for a chat. Unfortunately the majority of the team, including the agro captain, cant keep their cool and want to escalate things, on a fairly regular basis.
    Win or lose, do it with class (or at least some dignity).

As for 1st grade, i think anyone spectating would agree there probably wasnt a better grand final to watch across all the divisions, as the game really had everything. After starting well, i think halftime helped Charlie as it gave us a chance to regroup just as it looked like Mussy were going to get over us in the centre of the park. I thought we had the better of the first 25 and were unlucky not to take the lead, but Mussy finished the half well and also couldve taken the lead.
    Second half was a more one sided as a whole, Mussy offered little threat against the breeze and Charlie took a deserved 2-0 lead. Could/should have been 3 as I think we had one goal line scramble cleared off the line at least twice, and then the 'incident' made things interesting with 10 v 9 for the last 20 minutes!
    The incident being what it was, a brain snap, and an inexplicable boot to the head of our player on the ground, after already standing on his hand (accident or otherwise). Charlie guy sent off for escalating and throwing a few jabs during the ensuing melee, and i believe the 2nd Mussy player was sent for a combo of dissent/gesturing/escalating etc. the ref actually was looking to send another player off, but the linesman couldnt help him identify the player (so im told by our sideline spies).
    From there, it was awkward to defend the lead and man advantage, or keep attacking.
    The crucial goal came from a poor decision imo. All players want is some clarity and consistency in handball decisions. After not giving Charlie a penalty in the first half where a shot clearly struck an outstretched arm as the mussy player tried to block a shot because the player wasnt looking at the ball, hence deemed not intentional, i find it bizarre that he then gives a penalty when the ball hits a players arms in front of his own chest because he was looking at the ball as it was hit into him from 2 meters away. That makes no sense to me, and we could argue over the handball rule/interpretation for months.
    They scored, it gave them an obvious lift with about 15 to go, and they came home like a house on fire. After struggling all day to hit water from inside a boat the previous 85 minutes, an optimistic 30 yarder found its way into the bottom corner and it was 2-2.
    Rightly or wrongly, Mussy kept pushing as they probably sensed blood in the water, and with about 90 seconds left were caught on the counter, and Charlie got a winner which I feel we deserved on the day. Cue mass celebrations as Charlie did the 1st/Res Grade double for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.
    Great atmosphere in 1st grade provided by both sets of supporters, and a fitting finale to the season.
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Win or lose, do it with class (or at least some dignity).
    I really love this quote. Sums it up nicely.

Cheers for the firsts match report. sadly wasnt able to attend the match and regretting it after hearing of the events. great to hear it had abit of everything.

The extra person you said the ref was wanting to send off, do you know which team they were from and was it for escalation of the fight? im guessing it was just a square up. refs hate it when they dont send the same number of people off after a fight.
    Last edited by true waterboy; 16-09-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    The extra person you said the ref was wanting to send off, do you know which team they were from and was it for escalation of the fight? im guessing it was just a square up. refs hate it when they dont send the same number of people off after a fight.
    From what im told, they were looking at another mussy player as there was a few mussy players man handling our guy, hence his shirt was ripped/ruined, but they couldnt work out who to send/thought it may have been #10, whom they already had sent for his gesturing etc after it had all been broken up.

Tbh there were two mussy handballs in the box in the first half that went uncalled. I thought the pen for mussy in the second half was pretty harsh to charly in the context.

If I were mussy I would have kept attacking at the death when 2 all too. They were on their last legs (it was hot, particularly in the first half) and were a man down and I couldn't see them lasting through extra time.

Good game. I didn't see any other divisions finals but this one was much more exciting than I could have predicted.
    OK

Pv4 is #mussyfo'life.

A couple of quotes from my boy PV4 at the beginning of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    westlakes (zl2, will be zl1 after this upcoming season) have kept the same coaching staff
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    because I'm a gambling man, watched no one outplay the wildcats last season & the squad is greatly strengthening for next season
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Well done Charlestown you guys deserved it in Reserve grade. Can't say I watched the match in Firsts but like I said - you deserved to win. Sorry about some of our players misconduct too.

The fact.
    The hammers put the nail in that season.
    No smack.

So what the hell am I meant to do this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    What makes u think tenambit will be
    will be dead last?? We came down from League 1 may have come last but always were competitive in 90% of games have lost bigger all from first grade infact have improved in my opinion. I understand its your opinion but was just wondering how u came about it that's all??
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I for one hope you come straight back up good bunch of blokes laughable that some think you'll come last
    Lolz. So much optimism for Merewether & Tenambit at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaded Keeper View Post
    Anyone game to have a firm guess at premiers and grand final winners yet???
    Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    mbrook or charly imo
    Give that man a new!

(Obviously I found something to do this weekend)

Here is the Muswellbrook Chronicle's write up on the big GF.
    Good to see teams getting some local coverage.
    http://www.muswellbrookchronicle.com...e-end/?cs=1235

Congrats to Muswellbrook on a great season, and all the best next season.
    Well done to our Charlestown boys for achieving what looked very unlikely midway through the season, in winning both grand finals.
    Charlestown City Blues - 2013 Zone League Two
    1st Grade Grand Final Winners
    Reserve Grade Grand Final Winners

The fact.
    Best smiley face dude thingy ever.
    No smack.

Lolz. So much optimism for Merewether & Tenambit at the start of the season.
    That wasn't the first and id say won't be the last time my drunken rambling will come back to bite me. lol
    To say this season was disappointing would be an understatement.
    The past two have been rubbish really to get back to back wooden spoons and to win a combined 3 games in first grade over the two years ain't much to be proud of. But the biggest disappointment would be the second half of this season where we stopped competing in games.

That wasn't the first and id say won't be the last time my drunken rambling will come back to bite me. lol
    To say this season was disappointing would be an understatement.
    The past two have been rubbish really to get back to back wooden spoons and to win a combined 3 games in first grade over the two years ain't much to be proud of. But the biggest disappointment would be the second half of this season where we stopped competing in games.
    You staying up blacky?

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    You staying up blacky?
    Not sure yet club still to make a decision on what grade to apply for. From what I can gather we can choose. But dnt take that as gospel as I havnt been involved in any of those discussion.

Not sure yet club still to make a decision on what grade to apply for. From what I can gather we can choose. But dont take that as gospel as I havnt been involved in any of those discussion.
    Yes, you are right Russell Henry puts out a note to all clubs and asks them to submit applications for what Division they would like to play in. From there he inevitably does a bit of negotiating with some clubs so they get as close to the right numbers as possible in each division etc but I do believe he tried his hardest to get clubs where they need to be in terms of being realistic and competitive as possible. Thankfully most clubs are willing to give as well as take for the best of the entire Zone comp.

I can't remember the dates off the top of my head but it is in the New Year I think once clubs have had a chance to look at their preseason turnouts and registrations etc so there is always time after a season for any club to be proactive about any issues they might have if they can.

THE GALLAGHER SHIELD
    Wallsend Fc vs South Cardiff Fc

Wallsend will play South Cardiff in the very first Gallagher Shield. The Gallagher shield is in honour of Peter Gallagher who passed away from brain cancer just last year. Pete played for both of these great clubs and was a special player and person.
    We are hoping to make this a yearly event between these two sides. The day will be held at the Gardens in Wallsend on February 2 and next year at South Cardiff, all three grades will play: 3rd grade, reserves and first grade. There will be a points system in place to determine which club wins the Shield, for example: If wallsend win in reserve grade they get 5 pts, if first grade win they get 7 pts etc. Which ever club ends up with the most points will win the Gallagher Shield and will get to keep that shield at their club for the year as well as bragging rights!
    Each year we would like to dedicate this day to someone in need. Katie Vullo lost her husband just 8 weeks ago to a brain tumor. He had only just graduated with first class honours at Newcastle University as a lawyer & they were moving to Sydney for a job when he was diagnosed in November 2012 with a grade 4 GBM. The highest grade and most aggressive brain tumor. He passed away at the age of just 30. Katie is also 34 weeks preganant with their first child.
    So on the day we are looking to raise some money for her and her child. The day is all about helping someone in need and I’m sure we can pack out the stadium and show our support!
    For entry, there will be a gold coin donation. Also on the day there will be a BBQ, raffles, canteen, bar, entertainment and of course, some competitive football.
    It would be great to see everyone wearing red & white on the day. After the games are finished, the club boxes at the top of the stadium will be opened for everyone to enjoy some drinks and share some stories! It would be great to get as many old boys from both clubs to make it a special day. Red and white is the colour of the day. So if you have nothing on that day, feel free to come down and have a watch. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by lafootball View Post
    THE GALLAGHER SHIELD
    Wallsend Fc vs South Cardiff Fc

Wallsend will play South Cardiff in the very first Gallagher Shield. The Gallagher shield is in honour of Peter Gallagher who passed away from brain cancer just last year. Pete played for both of these great clubs and was a special player and person.
    We are hoping to make this a yearly event between these two sides. The day will be held at the Gardens in Wallsend on February 2 and next year at South Cardiff, all three grades will play: 3rd grade, reserves and first grade. There will be a points system in place to determine which club wins the Shield, for example: If wallsend win in reserve grade they get 5 pts, if first grade win they get 7 pts etc. Which ever club ends up with the most points will win the Gallagher Shield and will get to keep that shield at their club for the year as well as bragging rights!
    Each year we would like to dedicate this day to someone in need. Katie Vullo lost her husband just 8 weeks ago to a brain tumor. He had only just graduated with first class honours at Newcastle University as a lawyer & they were moving to Sydney for a job when he was diagnosed in November 2012 with a grade 4 GBM. The highest grade and most aggressive brain tumor. He passed away at the age of just 30. Katie is also 34 weeks preganant with their first child.
    So on the day we are looking to raise some money for her and her child. The day is all about helping someone in need and I’m sure we can pack out the stadium and show our support!
    For entry, there will be a gold coin donation. Also on the day there will be a BBQ, raffles, canteen, bar, entertainment and of course, some competitive football.
    It would be great to see everyone wearing red & white on the day. After the games are finished, the club boxes at the top of the stadium will be opened for everyone to enjoy some drinks and share some stories! It would be great to get as many old boys from both clubs to make it a special day. Red and white is the colour of the day. So if you have nothing on that day, feel free to come down and have a watch. Cheers

Please send a letter to State League referees requesting referees for the day and mention the reason for the day.Hopefully referees who are prepared to donate their time for free will be made available on the day.-I am assuming that this is an out of competition day.
    Last edited by furns; 29-12-2013 at 05:47 PM.