Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hamma12 View Post
    No room for

Lake Mac city
    West wallsend ??
    Westy will be demoted this year.
    Lake Macquarie will be a 5th Macquarie team.
    Apparently the comp is going to be made up of 4 macquaire teams. Looking ay their performance this year if they are like that next year they wont be still in.

Unless they have a north and south conference
    North being up at port Macquarie

South being down in Newcastle

Top 2 teams of each comp make the semis.

But in that case a port Macquarie team will be left out and lakes will be kept

Is this just a willy nilly theory? Or has there been a confirmation?

I don't understand why they constantly change things. How are they gauging the success of these changes?
    E.g. NBN (I don't know much about NEWFM's changes)
    2009: 17, 19, res, 1st
    2010: 18, 23, 1st
    2011: 17 Colts*, 19s, 23s, 1st
    2012: 15*, 17, 19, 23, 1st
    Now being proposed: 16, 18, 20, 1st

* = Considered part of state league clubs, but not in State League game days.My point, With changes every year, how are they seeing whether the initiatives are successful.

The same case goes for the constant shuffling of teams. 10 team comp, 8 team comp, 9 teams + Jets, relegation, promotion, no relegation, only promotion, no relegation if team x finishes last. NEWFM from have had a few changes aswell. Constantly moving the posts is not helping anybody. Give clubs a 4-5 year guarantee things won't change, so they can actually work on developing players, facilities and building great clubs.

Pretty close i think, only one that will be contentious, is i think 50/50 whether they go for Lakes or Valentine, both NOW, have junior structures, but i think Lakes will get the nod, because of the ground situation.

....and they are 3 year licences, so no relegation/promotion for three years, giving teams dropped a chance to get where they should be to get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Is this just a willy nilly theory? Or has there been a confirmation?

I don't understand why they constantly change things. How are they gauging the success of these changes?
    E.g. NBN (I don't know much about NEWFM's changes)
    2009: 17, 19, res, 1st
    2010: 18, 23, 1st
    2011: 17 Colts*, 19s, 23s, 1st
    2012: 15*, 17, 19, 23, 1st
    Now being proposed: 16, 18, 20, 1st

* = Considered part of state league clubs, but not in State League game days.My point, With changes every year, how are they seeing whether the initiatives are successful.

The same case goes for the constant shuffling of teams. 10 team comp, 8 team comp, 9 teams + Jets, relegation, promotion, no relegation, only promotion, no relegation if team x finishes last. NEWFM from have had a few changes aswell. Constantly moving the posts is not helping anybody. Give clubs a 4-5 year guarantee things won't change, so they can actually work on developing players, facilities and building great clubs.
    Think its being proposed, but not passed as yet

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    Too easy like it is Belswans..
    I'm sure many people want to ask/know this question,if you put your 23s in first grade, would you guys get the same result? and in an intra-club match 1st grade vs 23s, who would win?
    They played a full field game once at training and first grade beat them but both teams were no where near full strength. I'd say first would still win but 23's do have some quality players that could easily be playing first grade at other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Think its being proposed, but not passed as yet
    this is all speculation, no changes will occur in 2013, FFA have put forward numerous proposals, and I mean numerous with each one having different scenarios, clubs were asked to put their ideas in which will then be discussed at a later date, the only change in 2013 could be the jets youth, their position is to reviewed at season end by the clubs and they will decide their future, this was agreed upon at a meeting earlier in the year.

So in other words the newfm hasn't been given the axe just yet.

So in other words the newfm hasn't been given the axe just yet.
    no, far from it

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    no, far from it
    Can anyone post Page 9 Clause 5 of the NCR, to stop the " speculation "

2014 will be changes

you can read a full copy of the NCR presentation here
    http://www.vefc.com.au/images/storie...06.06.2012.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzzzzz View Post
    you can read a full copy of the NCR presentation here
    http://www.vefc.com.au/images/storie...06.06.2012.pdf
    Hallelujah ....... Valo come through again.

Would valo be thinking about moving in to Belswans ground on alternate weeks ? I just think the ground sharing with other codes ( Cahill Oval ) would be a black mark come 2014.

By no means am i having a go, my opinion is there up there with the best run clubs in the two comps.
    Last edited by GO AWAY; 31-07-2012 at 01:17 PM.

so the clubs have until tomorrow to respond. will be interested to see who loves it who hates it and who wants small adjustments.
    Just quickly skipped through it but everything seems to be implemented by 2017.Higher accredited coaches is fine but they really need to make it more financially viable to do the courses or is this another way to raise funds.At present time away from work is an issue to do the "A" license as well.Don't get me wrong better educated coaches is a plus for the system but they really need to look at cost and the way they are obtained.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I suppose looking at it quickly it should bring down player payments as per one of its aims, as clubs will need to hire full time staff, and pay for lawyers and accountant fees to do all those terms.
    Gone will be the day of the Volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeye View Post
    I suppose looking at it quickly it should bring down player payments as per one of its aims, as clubs will need to hire full time staff, and pay for lawyers and accountant fees to do all those terms.
    Gone will be the day of the Volunteer.
    And unfortunately most of the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The flow on effect of this will hurt small suburban clubs that try to maintain junior teams.

The report talks about the Elite clubs maintaining contact with 5 community clubs to support the junior devlopment. It will be interesting to see how that plays out when some of the major (junior) clubs around the area can be 4 times bigger than others. E.g. Maitland V Metford. Where will the return on effort from the elite club reap the best reward?

Its hard to see how smaller suburbern clubs will cope in the future and I would suggest as more parents push their kids to the bigger clubs they are only getting bigger the smaller clubs will end up being only senior clubs.

This also gets back to the volunteer issue. As clubs get smaller there are less volunteers to help and those parents that dont or cant be bothered to help, move on to the clubs with the greater numbers so that they can hide out amongst the crowd whinging that more should be done by others. So the cycle continues.

I'm sounding bitter so I will stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Would valo be thinking about moving in to Belswans ground on alternate weeks ? I just think the ground sharing with other codes ( Cahill Oval ) would be a black mark come 2014.
    Cahill Oval has disadvantages with ground sharing and the cricket pitch, but it fully complies with the criteria where our other possible options do not.

We have a great relationship with Belswans and what worked really well this year was their making Blacksmiths Oval available to us as a wet weather alternative - this saved us on three occasions this year and was greatly appreciated by not only visiting teams but our own players.

Mid week results

Maitland 19s won 3-0

Very poor display of reffing. I.e two very soft send offs.
    Most likely cost the young stags their chances in a semis berth

Mid week results

Maitland 19s won 3-0

Very poor display of reffing. I.e two very soft send offs.
    Most likely cost the young stags their chances in a semis berth
    Agree. Game was definitly affected by the ref. Don't know how he can give a straight red and two yellows for backchat