Page 132 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Genuinely pleased for our Liverpool supporting mates.
    That’s not what you were saying by the end of the day..hahaha

But thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    That’s not what you were saying by the end of the day..hahaha

But thanks
    Today was the least grumpy I’ve ever seen you

Banned
    That last goal

Can anyone explain how 11 elite players switched off like that??

You see 1 or 2 guys in a team turn off and make a glaring mistake but to see 11 guys do it is surreal

To do it at 3-3 on agg in a UCL semi with 15 to go is scandalous

That goal was that bad that I don't think I could even live long enough to see the Jets do it

Banned
    Win unbelievable game, check. slip up on the final game, check check. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That last goal

Can anyone explain how 11 elite players switched off like that??

You see 1 or 2 guys in a team turn off and make a glaring mistake but to see 11 guys do it is surreal

To do it at 3-3 on agg in a UCL semi with 15 to go is scandalous

That goal was that bad that I don't think I could even live long enough to see the Jets do it
    I was showing my kids the highlights today and that goal in particular. One of the replays from behind shows ter Stegen 'clapping encouragement'
    looking out at his players whilst TAA is knocking in the quick corner to Origi.

If you watch it again, they can't cry foul on the ball incident either. TAA wins the corner, the ball bounces back of the advertising ball
    back out (or in?) to Origi. TAA gets another ball, puts in the corner arc and THAT's the ball that's next multi ball in play. Don't see that? GTFO.
    Origi kicks said 'dead ball' to a ball boy who picks it up. Don't see that? GTFO.
    They're all standing around like stale bottles of p!ss when TAA doubles back and hits it in.
    As Agent Smith says when Neo bleeds in Reloaded: Only human...

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Win unbelievable game, check. slip up on the final game, check check. You have been warned.
    This Ajax team don’t fear anybody. And are playing out of their skins. If we sorry for them, they are going to get raided over the summer.

Hopefully, we can assume the role of the “superior” team. I feel like we have been that “have a crack at anybody” type of team over the last few years, but when like the final last year, when up against teams that know how to win like Madrid who have world class experiences player who can shut games down.

I’m nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    I was showing my kids the highlights today and that goal in particular. One of the replays from behind shows ter Stegen 'clapping encouragement'

If you watch it again, they can't cry foul on the ball incident either. TAA wins the corner, the ball bounces back of the advertising ball
    back out (or in?) to Origi. TAA gets another ball, puts in the corner arc and THAT's the ball that's next multi ball in play. Don't see that? GTFO.
    Origi kicks said 'dead ball' to a ball boy who picks it up. Don't see that? GTFO.
    They're all standing around like stale bottles of p!ss when TAA doubles back and hits it in.
    It makes me chuckle.
    It’s the same as getting a free kick. Placing it down and banging it in before there’s a chance to mark out the wall. (Provided nobody asks for the 10yds). It’s against convention but totally legal. They completely assumed it would be a big ceremonial corner where we wait for our big men to come forward etc.

I’m actually interested to hear truthfully if this was planned. When I played state league 19s we devised a similar plan for free kicks that weren’t ceremonial where one person placed the ball and pretended to start pacing out their run up, while another ran and kicked it.

I feel like you’d never expect Barcelona to not pay attention though.
    I know TAA and Wijnaldum devised a plan a few weeks ago when they noticed something in the first half.
    TAA has so much potential. Can see him being next Captain if he is the leadership type.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    This Ajax team don’t fear anybody. And are playing out of their skins. If we sorry for them, they are going to get raided over the summer.

Hopefully, we can assume the role of the “superior” team. I feel like we have been that “have a crack at anybody” type of team over the last few years, but when like the final last year, when up against teams that know how to win like Madrid who have world class experiences player who can shut games down.

I’m nervous.
    I’d like to apologise to Ajax fans and also our arsenal pals for jinxing them.

I need to step away from the football for a bit.
    It's all a bit much at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

I have a severe hatred of teams not putting men on the posts for corners. And I don't give a shit what your Ron Smith's say about the stats etc relating to the topic, I doubt I'll ever be convinced otherwise. I find it genuinely criminal that coaches would allow blokes like Ben Kennedy & Vedran Janjetovic the freedom to have their posts empty, and I froth every time a simple goal could have been stopped by having guys there goes in. Which brings me to Liverpool's 4th from yesterday, if Barca had men on posts by default then the space the corner found wouldn't have been free as there would have been more foot traffic in that area - the post man probably would have been running in that exact spot heading for his post at that time. That goal was music to my ears solely from a post man perspective, and it got even better thinking about the instinct & vision relating to it in general.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I know TAA and Wijnaldum devised a plan a few weeks ago when they noticed something in the first half.
    Post game Klopp said that he emphasised to the players that they had to be unpredictable. He said Barca were structured and great knowing where they needed to be, that if Liverpool went a bit wacky then they might not be ready for it.
    He freely admitted that telling the players was easy, and that 'doing it' was difficult. He said the TAA corner was a perfect example, but that even Klopp had no idea he was gonna do it.
    Again, the coach had every chance there to tell the world how clever he is, but he deferred to the players. As soon as I heard that comment for some reason I thought of Scott Miller and chuckled.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I need to step away from the football for a bit.
    It's all a bit much at the moment.
    Too much football is barely enough

So if City fail to beat Brighton, and they win, Liverpool fans will be forever indebted to a Gypo.

Ethical dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    So if City fail to beat Brighton, and they win, Liverpool fans will be forever indebted to a Gypo.

Ethical dilemma.
    Already thought about it and decided I am 100% fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Already thought about it and decided I am 100% fine with it.
    legit Mr Pool, i like you and all, but you cant be out there just saying 'that' in public.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Ethical dilemma.
    the only real answer is that Liverpool fans all hope the gypo gets injured in the warm up and they ring a Newy legend like BK who has never played for the gypos to play against Citeh and keep the clean sheet.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Well...it was looking good there...for about 55 seconds.

Yehhh. Despite knowing City are better than losing to Brighton, and there was a stack of time left, it was hard not to feel a glimmer of hope.
    In the end, I’m not disappointed. We have had a great season. One loss. 3rd biggest points total. Bar two amazing city seasons. It’s sucks a season this good doesn’t win. 25 points clear of 3rd. If you told me we’d be playing on the last day with a Chance to win I’d have taken that.
    Unless City, lose a few players, it’s hard to see them not being favourites for next season too.
    Well done to them.

Now you can focus on the UCL and smash Spurs

If you have to lose a title. Lose it to one of the greatest EPL sides of all time.* Sorry boys, please listen to Stanny on this one and beats spuds in the UCL. A UCL title is better than a league title anyway.

[SIZE=1*]Maybe 3rd best of all time after Arsenal and United??[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.