Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Under 15 Elite Comp

Why do they have their own thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Why do u15s have semi finals, not needed at this age group,
    Development should always be paramount but by 15's these young boys deserve and should experience the beauty of semi finals football....

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Because they are "Elite" as defined by their competitions name.

Thinking abit harsh on magic, to go through undefeated, then to lose a semi final on penalties, sure they will be abit upset not playing in the grand final next week, but full credit to lakes and schofield, one of gutsiest displays ive seen from a young team.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Because there are 160+ posts relating to this competition.....

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Development should always be paramount but by 15's these young boys deserve and should experience the beauty of semi finals football....
    Agree, only saw the Hamilton v Charlestown game, all the boys gave it everything.
    One of the best games I have seen Charlestown play this year. Technically very good.

Why do u15s have semi finals, not needed at this age group,
    Are you serious? I hope your fishing for a bite on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Are you serious? I hope your fishing for a bite on this one.
    no, not fishing, just my opinion, its all about development for me and this doesnt include play offs so mum and dad can bath in the glory, just my opinion

no, not fishing, just my opinion, its all about development for me and this doesnt include play offs so mum and dad can bath in the glory, just my opinion
    They are 15 year old's ffs. They should be playing 19's or 22's next season and part of the development is the development of the competitive will to win that is needed in senior football.

Game has been brought forward to Saturday 3pm at Arthur Edden, obviously all the lambton committee and workers will be at wanderers come 3pm Sunday which is fair enough to.

As a parent of one of the Magic boys, it was heart-wrenching to see the boys lose they way they did. I take nothing away from Lakes, of all the teams we played this year, IMHO, they were the most likely team to beat us. No other team came close. So I wish all the boys from both Lakes and Charlestown, all the very best for their Grand Final today. Good Luck!

Very good game of football, CCB 1-0 winners from a headed goal.
    Saw the first half of the 17's Hamilton vs Lakes game, this 15's game was so much better in terms of technical play, I would have put money on either of the 15's teams to beat either of the 17's on display today.....

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Very good game of football, CCB 1-0 winners from a headed goal.
    Saw the first half of the 17's Hamilton vs Lakes game, this 15's game was so much better in terms of technical play, I would have put money on either of the 15's teams to beat either of the 17's on display today.....
    Your dreaming, bigger stronger faster.

Quote Originally Posted by shagga View Post
    Your dreaming, bigger stronger faster.
    Bigger, stronger, faster doesn't mean better. I recall last years NSWIS side playing in the 19's comprising of mainly 16's and some 15's blitzed the comp winning both Premiership and GF. A technically adept side will more often then not defeat a more physical side

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Bigger, stronger, faster doesn't mean better. I recall last years NSWIS side playing in the 19's comprising of mainly 16's and some 15's blitzed the comp winning both Premiership and GF. A technically adept side will more often then not defeat a more physical side
    An NSWIS or Jets side should beat an age group older than themselves. The statement made was that these two 15's sides from olympic and Magic would beat the two semi finalists from NBN 17's today, Olympic and Lakes. No they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    this maybe only a 50/50. The most technical sides eg magic this yr, often go down in finals due the other/lesser team employing extra enthusiasm, extra effort and being more physical than usual. And losing semis gives quite a bit of education about the game.

Well done azurri 15s, IMO were the best technical side in the competition.

Bit disappointed to hear a couple of boys have been approached and agreed to go to magic, FFs they are 15yo, magic, what's the problem with sticking with the team that went through undefeated and won the point score by 10 points, surely you already have the talent there, but magic is magic and decide to take other clubs players, and poor form on the parents side, considering every boy in that 15s was offered a spot at azurri next year, so it was not like they had to go trial anywhere.

Doesn't teach kids a good message when the team wins the GF, then change clubs for the sake of it, you would think you would rather stick together and defend your title in the next age group ?
    Doesn't teach the kids loyalty at such a young age, no wonder players switch clubs mid season and the like when grade football comes around
    Good luck to them

The thing is those kids who played for Azzurri probably don't live in the area anyway and have probably travelled to play there so going to another club won't bother them to much, stick to your locals and develope them for senior football, no one cares who wins trophys in these age groups

The thing is those kids who played for Azzurri probably don't live in the area anyway and have probably travelled to play there so going to another club won't bother them to much, stick to your locals and develope them for senior football, no one cares who wins trophys in these age groups
    So you didn't enjoy winning trophies / titles as a kid FR , glad I didn't play for your 15s considering how much you care for them

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    So you didn't enjoy winning trophies / titles as a kid FR , glad I didn't play for your 15s considering how much you care for them
    They played for chicken feed