Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Football.Net's Photography Thread

What is it with the legal profession and latex?.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    all the best with it good sir.
    may i ask is there any meaning to the company name?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    all the best with it good sir.
    may i ask is there any meaning to the company name?
    My initials. and the German word for studio. I do like Wikipedia's meaning though. "An atelier (French: [atəlje]) is the private workshop or studio of a professional artist in the fine or decorative arts, where a principal master and a number of assistants, students, and apprentices can work together producing pieces of fine art or visual art released under the master's name or supervision."

Skirt boy, how about some of the soft po~n stuff you do that got you banned from Insta?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Skirt boy, how about some of the soft po~n stuff you do that got you banned from Insta?
    I wasn't banned from Instagram. And no.

Looking to do some Northern Lights photography.
    Have an entry level canon body.

Can anybody recommend a decent lens for <$1000?
    I understand I need a low f/ but there’s so many options haha.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    if you're going to Iceland to see the northern lights, I recommend not going after a volcano eruption as you won't see much at all

I’ll be sure to plan around any eruptions that are due.
    This will third time back to Iceland. Tacking on Finland to hopefully capture some activity.
    All luck of the gods I know. I waited til 1am in the snow on my first trip night one. Night two walked out of city hotel at 5pm and there was activity everywhere.
    In the middle of nowhere was treated to the dancing lights. Something I’ll never forget and wish I could go some way to capturing it if I ever witnessed it again.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    it's definitely the thing I am most sore about not getting to see very well when we went there in 2014

that and Fjaðrárgljúfur, which we just missed somehow - now every time we see photos of it we say we'll have to go back just to stop it annoying us

no one seems to go there without some serious investment in camera gear before they leave

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

I shot the northern lights with my canon 17-40 on my 6D in 2016.

If you’ve a crop sensor, the 10-22 is also a great lens

Why would you need a low F stop lens ? Can't you just use bulb mode ?

Personally, I'd be investing in a stand and a remote shutter control before a new lens.

Hey, I’m just another wannabe. I’ve just tried to google stuff

The logic behind the low f stop was that to capture the moving lights, you want a shorter shutter speed (relative to the 30 second exposure) and the low f stop will allow you to achieve a shorter exposure time and capture better detail.

Kind of just don’t understand the pricing points of some lens, why a 1.8 25mm is $2000 or a 1.8 32mm is $250 (not actually those models). But the gist is, I seem to be able to find low f stops and wide angles for either very cheap or very very expensive.
    Is the price just a reflection of the inner workings of the lens?

Anyway. Thanks baldrick, two affordable lens.

The logic behind the low f stop was that to capture the moving lights, you want a shorter shutter speed (relative to the 30 second exposure) and the low f stop will allow you to achieve a shorter exposure time and capture better detail.

Kind of just don’t understand the pricing points of some lens, why a 1.8 25mm is $2000 or a 1.8 32mm is $250 (not actually those models). But the gist is, I seem to be able to find low f stops and wide angles for either very cheap or very very expensive.

The rated F stop is the best it can do light wise not the best it can do image wise.

In other words a Cheap f1.4 will pretty much always produce a much better image at f5.6 than it will at f1.4. With an expensive lens they tend to have little if any variation right throughout their available apertures. Better lenses also have less distortion [Which can be a huge issue with wider lenses]

You will also find that primes are a lot cheaper than zooms of equal quality.

You will also pay extra for weather proofing features and general external build quality.

Like everything you tend to get what you pay for - but in the right hands a skilled photographer can get better results with a sub $1000 dslr than the rest of us could produce with a $30k pro level camera.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 19-08-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Glass quality. Build quality. Reliability.

My gear has been dropped, covered in snow, worked in 40c heat with brutal humidity..........Still solid after 55,000 shutter actuations. The one non Canon piece I have is showing its age after going through the same treatment.

Photography equipment. Unlike cars where a 30,000 where a Ford will get you from A to B just as good as a 500,000 Ferrari. The same can't be said for lenses or camera bodies.

So a couple things and Furns said it was ok I post this.

The art studio has now reached a point where it's generating enough income to move out into a proper studio. To raise the required capital we are going to be launching a crowdfunding campaign to make it happen. In addition to the photography I do, it will also be the studio space of my business partner so she also has a working space for her own artistic endeavours. She's a really awesome printmaker/sculptor in her own right. (one of her works is in Honeysuckle on display)

You can find all the information here. We are currently putting together the prototypes of all the products we will be offering.

https://www.a-d-atelier.com/support-us

The first product is a 2020 Calendar.

https://www.a-d-atelier.com/print-st...-2020-calendar if you would like a copy of the mass produced version. It's also available in multiple languages.

If you use the code IZTUURQ at checkout there is a 20% discount for foz members.

p.s. Whilst I don't consider the work of an adult nature it does feature work of an erotic nature. Best not to look at the site infront of your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/life partner and nor should you look at it at work. You are supposed to be working after all.

But yeah. Thanks for the comments over the years and especially those who asked about me during my absence.

Skirt Boy, can you tell us the story of how you upset that sophisticated bot-girl who visited the forum recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Skirt Boy, can you tell us the story of how you upset that sophisticated bot-girl who visited the forum recently?
    The what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    The what now?
    Jeeeeez you've got a lot of nerve, showing your face around here after this mornings result...

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Jeeeeez you've got a lot of nerve, showing your face around here after this mornings result...
    It wasn't my fault we lost the cricket.