Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Wilder and Fury have a verbal agreement to take the next fight to England, nothing official tho. Which would set up a trilogy fight in the US.
    A boxer's word means nothing, it's all down to the promoters. Fury V Wilder 2 will be at the Barclays Center in New York, that's Wilder's hometown.

The only way Fury V Wilder is in the UK is if it goes to a purse bid a Frank Warren backed by BT Sports win the rights. Fury V Wilder 3 only happens if Fury wins, as Wilder will have a rematch clause. Regardless the winner will have to defend the WBC title to Breazeale (or possibly Whyte if he fights Breazeale and wins) before Fury V Wilder 3 can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    A boxer's word means nothing, it's all down to the promoters. Fury V Wilder 2 will be at the Barclays Center in New York, that's Wilder's hometown.

The only way Fury V Wilder is in the UK is if it goes to a purse bid a Frank Warren backed by BT Sports win the rights. Fury V Wilder 3 only happens if Fury wins, as Wilder will have a rematch clause. Regardless the winner will have to defend the WBC title to Breazeale (or possibly Whyte if he fights Breazeale and wins) before Fury V Wilder 3 can happen.
    No mention of Anthony Joshua. is he out of calculations now ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    No mention of Anthony Joshua. is he out of calculations now ?
    Anthony Joshua(AJ) and Eddie Hearn have been trying to get Fury or Wilder for the April 13th date booked for Wembley, both were offered 60/40 in favor of AJ.
    Fury (More so Frank Warren rather than Fury) wanted 50/50 and Hearn told him get the WBC belt and we'll talk about 50/50.
    Wilder by all reports hasn't even responded to the initial offer from AJ and Hearn.

The WBC have since mandated the Fury V Wilder rematch. It goes to purse bid on the 5th of February if a deal hasn't been reached by both parties beforehand.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

The Heavyweight division just keeps getting juicier.

Now the Undisputed Crusierwight Champion Oleksandr Usyk is getting shopped around to Heavyweights. There is talk of him fighting Joseph Parker or Alexander Povetkin for those of you who don't know who Povetkin is. He is the bloke AJ last fought so he is no mug Heavyweight, his only 2 defeats were to AJ and Klitschko in 36 fights.
    If Usyk can step up the weight division and beat Povetkin or Parker it will be a huge statement of intent from Usyk.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Joshua vs Miller might be happening as well. it looks a pretty one sided contest but nobody thought Douglas would KO Tyson either.

The Heavyweight division hasn't been this good for nearly 50 years. Good times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Joshua vs Miller might be happening as well. it looks a pretty one sided contest but nobody thought Douglas would KO Tyson either.

The Heavyweight division hasn't been this good for nearly 50 years. Good times indeed.
    AJ vs Miller is happening.

It's the only fight AJ has got at this stage after Whyte turn him down for a couple of reasons. I heard the % of the split for the rematch if Whyte won is what turned Whyte away. Whyte and AJ have the same promoter so I feel for Whyte, apparently AJ offered a 70/30 split for the title shot but wanted 50/50 for the rematch if Whyte won. Whyte wasn't having any of that he wanted 70/30 in his favor for the rematch which you can't argue with in my opinion.

Because of that Whyte is going down the path of becoming WBC mandatory because in a voluntary defense you can negotiate a rematch. In a mandatory defense you don't have to negotiate a rematch but you get less of the split. That way if he gets to mandatory and beats AJ, AJ is then playing by Whyte's rules. You have to admire Whyte he is playing the long game and his backing himself to be successful which is going to require taking a lot of low paying risk rather than taking a big pay check right now.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Expect an announcement on Fury V Wilder within days.
    WBC mandated that a deal be made by tomorrow or the purse goes to bid with a mandatory 60/40 split in favor of Wilder.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

WBC announced that the Fury V Wilder rematch purse deadline bid will be extend by a week.

In other Heavyweight news Matchroom Boxing are trying to line up a huge Heavyweight card for Dillian Whyte's next fight.
    With the undercards being Joseph Parker V Dereck Chisora and Dave Allen V Lucas Browne (Aussie who was the former WBA regular champion) https://www.google.com/amp/s/talkspo...ian-whyte/amp/
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Still no news from Fury V Wilder 2.0 if it goes to purse bid tomorrow it could be very interesting.

In other news WBC have mandated Whyte V Breazeale for the WBC interim title. Meaning that the winner of Fury V Wilder has to fight the winner of Whyte V Breazeale or they vacate the WBC Belt.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

For those following along at home to my conversation with myself, latest Heavyweight news.

AJ V Miller: Locked in for June 1st at MSG.

Fury V Wilder 2.0: Purse bid has been postponed again, no timeframe on the extension this time.

Whyte V Breazeale: Their is a shit tonne of Boxing politics involved in the organization of this fight. It will happen, when and where is going to be extremely interesting.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

reading interested keep it up.....
    Amigos Aarau

Tyson Fury signed a reportedly $50m deal with ESPN and Top Rank Boxing today. This has huge implications for the Heavyweight Boxing division and it makes the prospect of an AJ Vs Fury fight very difficult.

In simple terms.
    AJ has a deal with Sky TV in the UK and DAZN in the US.
    Fury now has a deal with BT Sports in the UK and ESPN in the US.
    What does that mean? It means that now if these 2 were to fight none of the previously mentioned networks would have access to exclusive broadcasting.
    This has Boxing politics written all over it, Top Rank Boxing are desperate to hold on to power in the US. This is a Hail Mary to keep PPV Boxing alive as DAZN is a subscription lead broadcaster and they are making big waves in the US market. Things are going to get a lot messier before we see AJ Vs Fury Unfortunately.

Whilst it is a very sensible Business decision from Fury, to me this is more proof that Fury wants nothing to do with AJ. AJ has the whole Heavyweight Division running scared.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Yeah read about the deal yesterday.... interesting... Wilder also has deal with Showtime/Fox yeah?

This is exactly what boxing doesnt need is the politics... they do so much so well and then politics... they should just god damn fight...

Thats what made the UFC so big but unfortunately that politics is creeping in there aswell.
    Amigos Aarau

I thought Wilder had a deal with Showtime/Fox but apparently not, Wilder has come out a said he is a free agent. Apparently he is only advised by Shelly Finkel who works with Showtime.

I've got no idea how this is all going to shake out, it's going to be really interesting if it goes to purse bid. If it goes to purse bid I wouldn't be surprised if Matchroom Boxing(Eddie Hearn) goes hard at it with the support of DAZN.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Fury ducks Wilder.
    Fury V Wilder 2.0 is officially off, what happens next is now a little clearer but also a little more unknown.

So let's start this off with the WBC rankings.
    Champ- Deontay Wilder
    1- Dillian Whyte
    2- Tyson Fury
    3- Luis Ortiz
    4- Dominic Breazeale (For some reason Breazeale is the mandatory and not Whyte)
    5- Adam Kownaki
    6- Joseph Parker
    7- Alexander Povetkin

Ok so the fall out from Fury deciding to reject a mandated fight from the WBC, he will most likely be dropped from the rankings. So...

-Wilder will most likely be forced to fight his mandatory Breazeale which is what I think will happen, unless a deal can be made to make the undisputed fight with AJ. If the undisputed deal can be made then Wilder's next fight will mostly likely be a tune up against a no body whilst AJ fights Jarrel Miller.
    -Whyte is left out in the cold for a bit, will he fight Breazeale, WBC mandated Whyte V Breazeale for the interim WBC title. But that may change now as Breazeale will probably push for the Wilder fight as he is the mandatory. I'm really not sure where Whyte will go next.
    -Fury. Where do I start. He has signed a 5 fight deal with ESPN. I can't imagine him jumping straight into a big fight as ESPN will want to build up his profile in the US. I can't see him fighting anyone in the top 20. This is just a guess but someone like Gerald Washington, Washington has a bit of a profile due to his NFL days and he is ageing so he would be a good cherry pick to build Fury's profile in the US.
    -Ortiz is close to 40, he has been called out by a few people as I feel some people see him ripe for the picking and they want him on his resume, it's funny because no one wanted to go near him 3-4 years ago. I think the obvious fight would be Ortiz V Kownacki.
    -Breazeale is going to push hard for the Wilder fight, if he can't get that then it would have to be Whyte for the WBC Interim title.
    -Kownacki is a Polish born New Yorker, he is looking for that fight to put him in with the next level of Boxers. A record of 19-0 his last win was a convincin K/O performance against Gerald Washington and if he can get Ortiz on his resume then that could propel him closer to a title shot.
    -Parker was trying to get a May date in the UK against Dereck Chisora but that seems to have fallen through, where he goes now I don't know. Rumors are that he could fight Fury next but I can't see Fury going for that.
    -Povetkin, Povetkin V Usyk is all but locked in for the 18th of May. Me personally I am pumped for this fight, purely to see how Usyk will go in the Heavyweight division.

If Oleksandr Usyk can get past Povetkin then he would probably be one win away from AJ. Usyk and AJ are both in the Matchroom Boxing camp so it would be a easy fight to make. In my opinion if Usyk can handle the step up then AJ V Usyk is far far far bigger than AJ V Wilder, Fury or Whyte especially if AJ is undisputed by then. It would be the first 4 belt heavyweight champion V the first 4 belt crusierweig champion
    Last edited by Premy; 27-02-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Big Baby Miller pops twice, 1 in a blood test and 1 in a piss test.

Eddie Hearn has insisted that AJ's dance at the Garden will still go ahead but who will be his Partner.

Whyte- he has a date booked in for early July and AJ Vs Whyte 2.0 at the Garden doesn't make sense, that fight will come and it will be at Wembley.
    Wilder- Wilder already ducked US$100million to do 2 fights with AJ, he doesn't want that dance. He is also scheduled to fight Dominic Breazeale in 4 weeks.
    Fury- Signed a huge deal to be excluse to ESPN, this is a DAZN card it can't happen no matter how much people want it. Also Fury is already booked in to fight Tom Swartz a nobody German.
    Ortiz- Eddie Hearn and AJ want Ortiz, Ortiz has been quoted by "a insider" that he wants it too. However the PBC, Ortiz management agency have publicly said it's to short notice. I hope it's Ortiz.
    Micheal Hunter- WHO??? Hunter looks like the favorite to get it, Hunter is a former Cruiserweight who has had 2 fights at Heavyweight winning both of them. His an American with a record of 16-1, his 1 defeat was to Usyk at Cruiserweight. Hunter just signed on to Eddie Hearns Matchroom Boxing so the fight should be easy to make.

What an absolute fool Jarrel Miller is. US$8million pay day gone down the drain.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

This Khan v Crawford stink seems like it will be worth a look yeah?

Crawform should touch him up pretty good through.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    This Khan v Crawford stink seems like it will be worth a look yeah?

Crawform should touch him up pretty good through.
    I'm not to sure, if Khan can keep his focus and Box Crawford rather than looking for the K/O then he could cause an upset.
    Coming back down to Welterweight after the Alvarez fight Khan has looked good.

Don't get me wrong Crawford is rightfully the favorite but his got his work cut out for him.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Also side note on the Heavyweight scene, Lucas "Big Daddy" Brown got beat overnight to Dave Allen.
    I'M GULLIBLE!