Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Rd 20 - Wests is best Sydney vs Newcastle Jets k/off 530pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    you havent been to Merrylands have you?
    Lol

I didn't think the Jets played that bad. The problem, again, was the lack of a real no. 10, once Griffiths went back to the right and Taggart came on we seemed to play a lot better. We even broke down their defence on two occasions in the last 15 minutes with some pretty intricate passing, and I haven't seen them do that in any game this season. We got down their end quite a bit but the final ball was almost always poor, which is a real concern. The late goal by Zadkovic shows just how little we use that shooting from distance option.

Really, considering the Wanderers are the in form team, and the way they pressed was pretty impressive. Their goals were from a goal mouth scramble after a poor foul by Neville and Bridge beating Mitchell in a foot race. So they didn't massacre us. If Heskey's shot went in it might have been a different story.

You sem to forget Hersi should have scored before his toe pock, some other guy should have scored from that pass from ONO, the only thing keeeping the score at 2-1 was the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse23 View Post
    As a past coach (coached my sons rep side), have a B licence, and a passionate spectator for the past 25+ years of Newcastle football, I'm getting more frustrated at the lack of understanding, structure, unity and imagination of the team.
    Players looked scared to play!! Finally, why Gary! I do not understand your team selections over that past 4 wks! we talk about high press-possession based football = definitely not , general play (boring - obvious) and players looking lost!!
    i agree with deans comments above. i have read all the above and what a picture we now face. this is gonna get messi.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    You sem to forget Hersi should have scored before his toe pock, some other guy should have scored from that pass from ONO, the only thing keeeping the score at 2-1 was the keeper.
    Birraz is our player of the season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Birraz is our player of the season so far.
    bk would have saved everything biraz has, plus cured cancer though.
    OK

GVE hasn't a clue. No man management skills at all and his ideas are to play a system his players are incapable of producing. Mitchell really hasn't got a clue. Regan, regardless of what has gone on should be in (but GVE isn't man enough to make such a call). Funny how Brisbane had a player call out the coaches weaknesses and he played the next week. At the Jets, Wehrman and Regan express their disagreement and they get the fond fairwell. Crap.
    So what has Robiero done wrong? Why is Bridges unable to get a game? When the same rubbish each week isn't working, then change of tactics or personnel are needed and we all know that GVE won't change his tactics.
    The defence has looked more sound when Regan is in. They look more creative when Bridges plays.
    We seem to have a number of "10's" but which is the best for the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    So what has Robiero done wrong? Why is Bridges unable to get a game? When the same rubbish each week isn't working, then change of tactics or personnel are needed and we all know that GVE won't change his tactics.
    The defence has looked more sound when Regan is in. They look more creative when Bridges plays.
    We seem to have a number of "10's" but which is the best for the job?
    Welcome to the foz. Cannae say anything for Ribz, but Bridges has played the last couple of home games.....
    I agree with your points wrt to Regz and Bridges, but I don't think Bridges has the legs to last 90 mins anymore.

As for #10s, I can only see 4 clear options we have. Brown, playing like pants (hopefully he comes good eventually, did show at GCU he can play), Ribz, has pissed off GvE somehow or not impressed him, Bridges (can't last 90 IMO) and Caravella, who GvE sees playing next to Zad. RyGriff is not a #10, he is either a left winger or striker.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I reckon the way to get ahead on here is to add a number to your user name hey

joel31, thomas477, t_bone_steak_69, hamma12, parksey10 (rip), SuperBoz1990

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Plague someday's I wonder who the biggest troll is on here. You are definitely up there

Well played sir
    Don't sell yourself short mate.
    You are the Black Caviar to my Hunter Winemaker of Trolls.

not that bad really, ball movement a bit too slow.

remember when we beat them at parra even though they created the better chances.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Don't sell yourself short mate.
    You are the Black Caviar to my Hunter Winemaker of Trolls.
    I wasn't commenting on my abilities. That is up to others how they view my talents.

Just paying my respects to your efforts at mastering the craft

anyway back on topic.
    So we're 7th and will get leapfrogged by another team if we lose on Friday.
    Can't say I'm enjoying this.

Unless we beat both Heart and then Roar, I feel the season is then surely over - 5th and 6th places will be 4 or 5 points ahead of us depending on other results.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Unless we beat both Heart and then Roar, I feel the season is then surely over - 5th and 6th places will be 4 or 5 points ahead of us depending on other results.
    Also remember that our goal difference is also up the shit so we'll need an extra point to get in front of those teams.

If somehow we accidently land in the finals gve will be sure to stay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    If somehow we accidently land in the finals gve will be sure to stay.
    Feel the Haters will be pissed either way. GVE will be in charge next year whether we lose our last 7 games or NOT.

Get used to it.

Feel the Haters will be pissed either way. GVE will be in charge next year whether we lose our last 7 games or NOT.
    Why? Didn't Middleby say recently that the clubs aim this season was finals football? If we get zero points from 21 we are guaranteed to miss that... and with us playing all 3 teams that are below us, there is a fair chance that all will finish above us. If we get the spoon, do you think GVE will keep his job?

this is being discussed in other threads, keep this one for the match discussion please
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Get used to it.
    And after the season we have had, if we lost the last 7 games would you be still supportive of GVE continuing as coach.

I am used to him being the manager, and that will continue next year. Used to mediocrity and frustration.