Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Yid Army COME ON YOU SPURS!

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

But thanks for beating them, if we beat them next week we are 1 point behind and they are in all sorts of trouble. Plus this win is just delaying Chelsea's inevitable meltdown for another few weeks.
    It will be a spicy one, that's for sure.
    A few years ago I would be packing darkies about falling away and fading out (and for the 20 years before that I wouldn't be worried because we were pants) but I'm actually confident we will get 'the job' - (of finishing Top 4, the realistic target for us) done.
    I'm not as confident we will get the job done in the North London derby, but come the end of the season I think we will be in that 3rd spot. Everyone loves the 'Spursy' tag, and historically the shoe has definitely fit, but the times, they are a changing (until next year when Poch toddles of to Real Madrid).

Full strength beer served....the way it should be.

They even have a stadium brewery.

Well done spuds.

Spuds get knocked out of the 2 cups they had an honest shot of winning and Poch comes out and says that Trophies only inflate someone's ego rather than prove you were a great team.
    Nice prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Nice prediction.
    The part where they got knocked out of Carabou and FA cups wasn't a prediction. It had just happened. Everything else still stands true as well...

Thoughts on Juve getting in Poch's ear right before the UCL final?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Thoughts on Juve getting in Poch's ear right before the UCL final?
    legit question, would the money be that much better at Juve than Spurs (they can start paying people now that the stadium is done yeah)?

Because as a coach, are you getting any more credit/love for winning the Serie A and crashing out in the later rounds of the Champs League?
    If he stays at Spurs and continues the 'lucky loser' streak that he and Klopp are on dont you think he skates a lot easier with the media and fans?

He cant bring Juve any more success, and if he cocks it up there, any opportunities of a proper 'big job' like a Madrid/Barca etc might then fall away.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Poch is a Spurs lifer.

Poch is a Spurs lifer.
    Hahahaha.

I wish that was true just for the lols.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Hahahaha.

I wish that was true just for the lols.
    Well why would he leave?

Tottenham have developed into one of the biggest clubs in Europe under him. The junior setup is 2nd to none in the UK. New stadium. Still quite a young side.

Go to one of the other top clubs. Have a bad run or season and you're fired. No job security, no opportunity to build your own legacy. Man U will always be Ferguson. Liverpool will always be Daglish, Arsenal will always be Wenger and so on.

I do get the feeling that Pochettino is not a glory hunter and actually does want to build a lasting legacy at Tottenham.

Also how ****ing good is the new stadium? Fark me.

Well why would he leave?

Tottenham have developed into one of the biggest clubs in Europe under him. The junior setup is 2nd to none in the UK. New stadium. Still quite a young side.

Go to one of the other top clubs. Have a bad run or season and you're fired. No job security, no opportunity to build your own legacy. Man U will always be Ferguson. Liverpool will always be Daglish, Arsenal will always be Wenger and so on.

I do get the feeling that Pochettino is not a glory hunter and actually does want to build a lasting legacy at Tottenham.
    Biggest clubs in Europe? Hahahaha. Poch loves Spuds because there is no pressure to win anything.

ive no doubt that he will eventually leave, but it will be a much better opportunity than Juve.
    Cant see him jumping into one of these so called 'big' clubs that are actually in a trash position and will spit him out the first sign of struggle.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Liverpool will always be Daglish
    listen this is a question worth nothing in the bigger picture but do Liverpool fans think of themselves as 'Dalglish's club'?
    im no Liverpool fan but that comment just stood out.

where Mr jeterpool at?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    legit question, would the money be that much better at Juve than Spurs (they can start paying people now that the stadium is done yeah)?

Because as a coach, are you getting any more credit/love for winning the Serie A and crashing out in the later rounds of the Champs League?
    If he stays at Spurs and continues the 'lucky loser' streak that he and Klopp are on dont you think he skates a lot easier with the media and fans?

He cant bring Juve any more success, and if he cocks it up there, any opportunities of a proper 'big job' like a Madrid/Barca etc might then fall away.
    Juventus wage bill is twice that of Spuds and Spuds won't have any more money for the next 5-10 years whilst they pay off that stadium. Hence why he is posturing to leave. Juve are dining from the top table when it comes to transfers each season. Spuds are ham-strung by their lack of funds.

This UCL run is an anomaly, Spuds were extremely lucky to get out of their group, they are still a small premier league club.

If Poch wants to be considered a great coach he needs to win things. His chances are probably a bit better at Juve than Spuds. No one can deny that. So thats why he would be putting serious consideration into joining them. A single club remembers a long time coach, the world remembers a title/trophy winning coach.

Well why would he leave?

3 things.

They are the 6th biggest club in England. So no, they aren't a big club in Europe. Sorry to burst that bubble.

Also, They don't have a super academy.
    5th on total minutes for academy players and 5th in total minutes for players under 21. West Ham and Southampton are above you guys. And of course Arsenal are as well.

Also also, don't put Poch in the same category as SAF and Wenger. They won trophies. You don't become a legend for hanging around putting the pressure on. You become David Moyes. If Poch wants to the next David Moyes he stays, if he wants to be recognised as a top tier coach, he has to leave. Surely you understand that SB?

I disagree. Whilst it awesome to win trophies. How it's done is what leaves a lasting legacy.

Who really won the trophies for Chelsea and City? The managers or the owners millions?

And that's why I highlighted the other 3 managers. Yep they all won a lot of titles but it's the behind the scenes and the work that most don't see is what their legacy is.

That's what Pochettino is doing at Spurs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...m-manager.html

I disagree. Whilst it awesome to win trophies. How it's done is what leaves a lasting legacy.

Who really won the trophies for Chelsea and City? The managers or the owners millions?

And that's why I highlighted the other 3 managers. Yep they all won a lot of titles but it's the behind the scenes and the work that most don't see is what their legacy is.

Our coaches and players won the trophies through their skill and hard work. Roman just gave us the tools

Ancelotti, Mourinho and Pep are world class managers. None of them stick around for the project. Trophies don't make you a great coach by themselves, but without them you can never be a world class manager.

Trophies don't make you a great coach by themselves, but without them you can never be a world class manager.
    whilst id generally agree with this statement, if any club could have any coach in the world right now would Klopp be the 2nd pick behind Pep?

and those 2 have real different looking trophy cabinets.
    Seems like I am WRONG

whilst id generally agree with this statement, if any club could have any coach in the world right now would Klopp be the 2nd pick behind Pep?

Yes all day every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Sorry, didn't use my words correctly. I mean when we look back on their careers. At the moment Poch would walk into almost any club if he wanted. But if he doesn't win anything, he will be forgotten very quickly.

Same would go for Klopp. He will be remembered in Germany for the two league titles and the DFB Pokal his plucky Dortmund side won against one of the strongest Bayern sides in history. But if he doesn't win trophies at Liverpool he will be forgotten. Simple as that. If Klopp finishes 2nd for 10 years in a row, it won't mean a thing for his legacy, it will just improve his chances of moving somewhere where he can win trophies.