Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: it would be just like the ****ing jets to win...

Should be fun. WSW trying to lose so Sydney miss the finals, Jets trying to lose so Gypos miss out on the plate...

Who cares about the plate… they've won a couple anyway. We've still got them where it counts. And I do enjoy the fairytale that WSW are experiencing but the GF will be what people will remember if they can get there and win it.

As for tomorrow, I'd rather see the Jets tear it up & finish our season on a high (we'll either miss the finals or get romped in the first round so it's the last game tomorrow no matter what happens).

I've seen them dish up enough shit this year. I have no desire to see them do it again tomorrow.

It feels like we're turning into Liverpool fans, who care more about seeing Man Utd lose then actually supporting their own club.

So the real plan for tomorrow is WSW let Jets win so Sydney miss out, mariners then guaranteed choke under the presure of needing to win to get the plate. WSW end up with the plate and Jets make the six.

The bonus is that the mariners have two weeks to dwell on the fact they choked again before the presure of making the GF hits them.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    It feels like we're turning into Liverpool fans, who care more about seeing Man Utd lose then actually supporting their own club.
    ummmm wrong
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

WSW plannin on throwin the game...probs start elrich ffs
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    ummmm wrong
    Not from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gd___ View Post
    So the real plan for tomorrow is WSW let Jets win so Sydney miss out, mariners then guaranteed choke under the presure of needing to win to get the plate. WSW end up with the plate and Jets make the six.

The bonus is that the mariners have two weeks to dwell on the fact they choked again before the presure of making the GF hits them.
    Hey gd, hows things?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I might get someone to show me how to place a bet while we're at the tenz today (I have no idea how to bet, I'm not stupid enough to throw money away normally)

I reckon there's good money to be made on the Jerks winning/Jerks not making finals/Coast taking title combination bet

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Best possible outcome this weekend is for us lose and be seen to be clearly throwing the game to ensure CCM don't win the plate/qualify for Asia..... more importantly long term, serving to intensify the rivalry between the clubs.

Then CCM lose anyway, 1-0, after missing two late penalties.
    Alternatively, The cost of competing in Asia again will probably bring the gypos to financial ruin.

Best thread for some time.

We don't need to throw it - that would imply that we can control a game of football (which we clearly can't).

So, as GVE said, just do what we always do. That should ensure a decent loss.

Got my red and black face paint on now. Waaaandereeeeeerssss!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    WSW plannin on throwin the game...probs start elrich ffs
    Word is this is true.

Second bit of your statement, not first

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I

I reckon there's good money to be made on the Jerks winning/Jerks not making finals/Coast taking title combination bet
    can't make this bet as the outcomes are not independent of one another

just slap $10 through indian dreaming. much more satisfying.
    we will loose

I see it as a win/win/win day. Even if we win/lose/draw.
    No one looses.

I'm leaving work write now so have a good friday everyone.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    this is the greatest poss in the history of the Jerks

tuck the Central Coast

WSW (y)

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    As for tomorrow, I'd rather see the Jets tear it up & finish our season on a high (we'll either miss the finals or get romped in the first round so it's the last game tomorrow no matter what happens)..
    no

you betcha. the whole world agrees to this
    Last edited by hawk; 31-03-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Banned
    Credit where it was due tonight. Those blokes representing Newy should go down in the annals of Newy folklore for an inspired effort to throw the game and cost the Gypos another precious star on their shirt. No great individual heroes to join the annals of Gypo ****ing heroes of yesteryear like Lord Griffo Tiago Calvano and that bloke who threw the pie at Hearfield. A solid well organised team performance where the coach deserves special mention. To pull off an effort like that and make it look like you were not fixing it without suicidal backpasses and needless penalties was a masterstroke that will keep the Authorities away from investigating match fixing in the HAL. Kudos Gary a job well done.

If you ****s were actually giving 100% and trying to get a win to keep the finals dream alive then you were an inept disgrace who should all leave ****ing town. That was like death by a million paper cuts watching that shit from a team who had everything to play for and showed no desire or commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Credit where it was due tonight. Those blokes representing Newy should go down in the annals of Newy folklore for an inspired effort to throw the game and cost the Gypos another precious star on their shirt. No great individual heroes to join the annals of Gypo ****ing heroes of yesteryear like Lord Griffo Tiago Calvano and that bloke who threw the pie at Hearfield. A solid well organised team performance where the coach deserves special mention. To pull off an effort like that and make it look like you were not fixing it without suicidal backpasses and needless penalties was a masterstroke that will keep the Authorities away from investigating match fixing in the HAL. Kudos Gary a job well done.

If you ****s were actually giving 100% and trying to get a win to keep the finals dream alive then you were an inept disgrace who should all leave ****ing town. That was like death by a million paper cuts watching that shit from a team who had everything to play for and showed no desire or commitment.
    +1

did we loose ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Yep, we loost 3-0
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1