Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Asian Cup Australia 2015 - Newcastle Hosting

Heard this morning it was a scanning issue & not all tickets were counted. There was no way your fitting an extra 15-18k in there. I was half joking with the guys around me that the Knights must have been in charge of counting heads as they couldn't handle are large Football crowd on "their" patch. Good to see the turnout & the Palestine fans seemed to be having a great time. Japan far too good & despite old mate behind me giving everyone a running commentry and critiquing Palestine's play like he expected them to be Barcelona or something it was a good night. Saturday will be interesting. I will be there and will have the Socceroos on Record - just hope nobody blabs out the result!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Heard this morning it was a scanning issue & not all tickets were counted. There was no way your fitting an extra 15-18k in there. I was half joking with the guys around me that the Knights must have been in charge of counting heads as they couldn't handle are large Football crowd on "their" patch. Good to see the turnout & the Palestine fans seemed to be having a great time. Japan far too good & despite old mate behind me giving everyone a running commentry and critiquing Palestine's play like he expected them to be Barcelona or something it was a good night. Saturday will be interesting. I will be there and will have the Socceroos on Record - just hope nobody blabs out the result!!
    Yeah so do I! I certainly won't be checking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

And Gaz I've had to PM the photo of the stadium to you. It's too large to upload on the foz
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Nope that didn't work either. Sorry mate.

great afternoon out at the footeh

endo is the asian pirlo, bloke never got out of first gear and just walked around hitting perfect 30-50 yard passes, would pay to see him every week.

palo fans were good value

seemed that everyone did the same as me and changed ends at halftime to the northern hill

thanks sd for the cider.

i'm with the member i reckon there would have been 5-7k non newy based but from my facebook feed there were individuals who haven't been to jerks games in yonks putting pictures up. so the bandwagon still exist.

looking forward to tonight, the idea of 2 football games in 2 days pleases me greatly
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    looking forward to tonight, the idea of 2 football games in 2 days pleases me greatly
    What train are yall catching down?

Is the Harp the official pre-match venue?
    OK

Shame they stuffed up the crowd figures 15k is the still the third highest crowd thus far behind the 25k for Aus-Kuw & the 17k Irn-Bah match in Melbourne. Would be nice to have the biggest crowd of tournament (not inc Australia's Games).

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What train are yall catching down?

Is the Harp the official pre-match venue?
    driving to hornsby

and ****ing no chance

whelans from 5pm
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Yeah so do I! I certainly won't be checking!
    there is no way that score will be kept secret

Anyone else see the dudes collecting used tickets after the game yest? must be part of a collectors club

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    there is no way that score will be kept secret

Anyone else see the dudes collecting used tickets after the game yest? must be part of a collectors club
    My initial thoughts were that he would attempt to scam peoples credit card details off them somehow.

I haven't bothered to look at whether those kind of details actually exist on the tickets or not.
    OK

My initial thoughts were that he would attempt to scam peoples credit card details off them somehow.

I haven't bothered to look at whether those kind of details actually exist on the tickets or not.
    I doubt they would be able to. He probably justs collects them

guy was doing that in Canberra as well.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    I doubt they would be able to. He probably justs collects them
    A year or two back I read something that said the swipe cards you get in hotels should be chopped up and thrown out because your credit card is able to be scammed somehow if the disposed cards get in the wrong hands. I have doubts over whether it is true or not (I can't remember where I read it - prob some hype-driven thing on facebook that I was suckered into amirite), but my bank account is one thing I care about in this world so nowadays I attempt to chop up things like tickets, hotel cards, etc just in case.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Was there a guy selling half-Socceroos, half-the team(s) playing jerseys out of boxes carted around by a pram? Because I loved that guy yesterday at Hunter
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I saw one guy doing it at the North Korea game

Was there a guy selling half-Socceroos, half-the team(s) playing jerseys out of boxes carted around by a pram? Because I loved that guy yesterday at Hunter
    Was selling them out of the boot of his car in the carpark at the end of the game.

Gate 4 didn't scan, don't know about the others.

Remember when we played Gypos in an afternoon final and were told we would have a record crowd only to find a chockablock stadium with a 25000 capacity had much less that thought.

Only in Newy of course does this happen.

Easily 20,000 there. Well done to the Palestinian crew, they were great value.
    Japan ooze class though done they.

Crowd figure revised up to 17k and change.

Surely no one is surprised hunter stadium cocked things up.