Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 182

Thread: Running Thread aka Havent even done a half yet?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,023

    Smile Running Thread aka Havent even done a half yet?

    So are there any runners/joggers out there?

    I went along and did my first Newy Park Run today, in the rain, with my wife and a few friends.

    Enjoyed it - they all do a great job! Will be returning.
    Last edited by hawk; 26-11-2017 at 12:55 PM.

  2. #2
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,786
    I'm just starting jogging as well - purely as a way to get fit and get some exercise in while I'm away with work

    I've got a 5km loop that I do - so far I can do the Cliff Young shuffle for about 2km then have a bit of a walk, another 2km, another walk then sprint up a hill

    I need one of these hats, possibly some gum boots


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,673
    Add me into the "just started running to get fit" bandwagon. I have a 5.7km loop full of hills.

    Don't particularly enjoy jogging, but its easy to get 30mins or so in before work so it does the job.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,270
    ran my first marathon last weekend. was doing well, on pace for 3 hours 45 mins through about 23km then hit the wall majorly. 4 hours 20 minutes for the whole run in the end, but hey, i finished, i didn't die and i then ate copious amounts on horrendously unhealthy food with not an ounce of guilt. got way too excited at the start of the event and was running 3 minute 30 second kilometres!

    last 15km was just horrible, horrible pain. was saying to myself, "never again". Tuesday of last week i was already thinking "what can i do to improve next time"

    running the sydney half marathon in a few weeks with a few mates, looking forward to it. aiming for sub 100 minutes. best thus far is 105 minutes.

    my tip if you're starting out running for fitness, just enter an event and go for it. 10km is a good distance to start with.

  5. #5
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,455
    Refuse to run.

    Very dangerous activity.

    Shortness of breath pain discomfort and explosions occur.


    **** THAT SHIT
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,023
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    ran my first marathon last weekend. was doing well, on pace for 3 hours 45 mins through about 23km then hit the wall majorly. 4 hours 20 minutes for the whole run in the end, but hey, i finished, i didn't die and i then ate copious amounts on horrendously unhealthy food with not an ounce of guilt. got way too excited at the start of the event and was running 3 minute 30 second kilometres!

    last 15km was just horrible, horrible pain. was saying to myself, "never again". Tuesday of last week i was already thinking "what can i do to improve next time"

    running the sydney half marathon in a few weeks with a few mates, looking forward to it. aiming for sub 100 minutes. best thus far is 105 minutes.

    my tip if you're starting out running for fitness, just enter an event and go for it. 10km is a good distance to start with.
    Well done!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    ran my first marathon last weekend. was doing well, on pace for 3 hours 45 mins through about 23km then hit the wall majorly. 4 hours 20 minutes for the whole run in the end, but hey, i finished, i didn't die and i then ate copious amounts on horrendously unhealthy food with not an ounce of guilt. got way too excited at the start of the event and was running 3 minute 30 second kilometres!

    last 15km was just horrible, horrible pain. was saying to myself, "never again". Tuesday of last week i was already thinking "what can i do to improve next time"

    running the sydney half marathon in a few weeks with a few mates, looking forward to it. aiming for sub 100 minutes. best thus far is 105 minutes.

    my tip if you're starting out running for fitness, just enter an event and go for it. 10km is a good distance to start with.
    aaaah, 3.5minute kms wouldnt that put you in the medals for city to surf?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,270
    it would if i could run that pace for 14km!

    that was a peak speed, and only hit for about 100m or so. badly phrased.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    why are we running without a purpose? get a ball in front of ya.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,630
    belch you crazy bastard

  11. #11
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,166
    don't mind the odd keeping-fit run around. last year some time the mrs signed us up for the maitland river run with her work - don't really see the appeal in competitive running tbh. in saying that, she's also signed us up for the colour run next month at hamilton. from what i'm led to believe, it's just a run but people at random points of the race throw paint at you.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,023
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    don't mind the odd keeping-fit run around. last year some time the mrs signed us up for the maitland river run with her work - don't really see the appeal in competitive running tbh. in saying that, she's also signed us up for the colour run next month at hamilton. from what i'm led to believe, it's just a run but people at random points of the race throw paint at you.
    I think its coloured flour. My wife and I were considering this run but decided why pay someone to throw shit at you?? It's a gimmick in my opinion.

    We are doing Parkrun instead because it's free and professionally run for a volunteer group.

  13. #13
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think its coloured flour. My wife and I were considering this run but decided why pay someone to throw shit at you?? It's a gimmick in my opinion.

    We are doing Parkrun instead because it's free and professionally run for a volunteer group.
    yeah tbh it's been pretty off my radar, she's sorted it all. didn't even bother to find out if it cost money or not tbh.

    a few of my friends do the lake mac parkrun each sat morning, they love it. i can't run the same track all the time - not enough variety. each time i run around home & stuff i change my track, do a fair bit of running in the bush & try and find paths/roads i haven't checked out before.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,160


    I don't know if this dude really does run like this, or if its just a massive piss-take.. Then again, he may have some form of tourettes or crazysnake tick going on..
    Awesome music though..

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    yeah tbh it's been pretty off my radar, she's sorted it all. didn't even bother to find out if it cost money or not tbh.

    a few of my friends do the lake mac parkrun each sat morning, they love it. i can't run the same track all the time - not enough variety. each time i run around home & stuff i change my track, do a fair bit of running in the bush & try and find paths/roads i haven't checked out before.
    Yeah its like $50 for the colour run. On the upside lots of gash in gym pants and looks like a bit of fun band and stuff at the end.

  16. #16
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Yeah its like $50 for the colour run. On the upside lots of gash in gym pants and looks like a bit of fun band and stuff at the end.
    jeez. hopefully some/all of that goes to charity or something!

    should be a bit different and a bit of fun anyway.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,023
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    jeez. hopefully some/all of that goes to charity or something!

    should be a bit different and a bit of fun anyway.
    Good luck and enjoy it!

    I'm joinging into a 60km charity run starting at Planet Fitness on Sunday. I'm not doing the 60km but will be doing a distance. It's from the gym, to the 14km mark of the Fernleigh track, back to the Adamstown end, back to the 14km marker and back to the gym.

    It's called "A Run With a Storey" and is organised to support Matt Storey who has Hodgkins Lymphoma.

    Good luck Pete and Cory and all the other participants! If you're free and want to join in, go to the Matthew Storey Foundation website.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,630
    ah I saw those guys training on the fern a couple of weeks ago, good luck to them

  19. #19
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,023
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    ah I saw those guys training on the fern a couple of weeks ago, good luck to them
    Yeah they did 50 odd-km the other weekend.

    They're going to do it - i've got no doubt about it.

    Pete has done so well to have trained to run 60km in 3 months. Cory has done an amazing job with him.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,630
    yeah all power to him, i struggle on a 5k, much prefer the bike as i am in control of my own suffering

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •